People that owe you money

Below $500 I treat it informally
$500 and up I gotta set up or establish some kind of contract. Otherwise it turns into some Judge Judy ****. :lol: need proof and all that

Long read...

Here's mine, but I'm actually not mad at it or anything or hunt him down and he's not avoiding me either.

A few years ago my pothead cousin owed like 1-2K for a cell phone bill and needed money or something to that matter. He hustled so his phone was a necessity and couldn't afford to lose it. He put some girl on his contract or something and she ran up the bill and didn't pay or bounced or something.

Now onto the story that was the catalyst. He had something he was willing to sell and I had a friend that was always dealing with them so I connected them but they already knew each other.

My cousin was reluctant to give the item up and was hoping he could buy it back down the line. I knew my cuz wasn't going to be able to scrounge back up anywhere close to it because he was always a broke pothead. But, me and my friend decided to go half and purchase the item from my cousin. I think we went half and was 500 each.

My friend decided to keep the item we went half on and when he sold it we would split the profits and we knew we'd get more than the $700-1K that we payed for it. Not sure if he ever sold it or still has it or what but I haven't asked about it or anything and assume it might still be in his possession this was maybe 2008-10 ish that deal happened.

Fast forward a few years later he comes to me to borrow some money because his car needs repairs or something with his apartment I forgot. He asked for $500 and that is my limit to lend anyone that amount. I lent it to him no questions asked because he was my homie from young so it's whatever.

I haven't gotten either of it back and I'm not mad at him or about it for some reason. With the $500 he borrowed he used to always hit me up to pay it back like a $50 here and there or $100 or whatever, but I just told him hey I'm not hurting for the money and when you're comfortable and have it all then hit me up but I'm not hounding you about it or anything. He also tried to like charge a pair of Spacejams the last release in 2015 for me as a partial payment but they didn't have my size and I told him it's cool don't worry.

We are part of a group chat with other friends and I have seen him post some expensive kicks he picked up but I'm still not mad at him though and still is my homie.

So also back when I loaned him the $500 I was trying to keep it on the low and not let my girl know, but me and her were stacking hard for a house and wedding so everything went in the same account and she saw the withdrawal and I had to come clean after trying to blame her for it :lol:

So after I told her she mentioned "Daytona" and I didn't get it until later on about the situation lol. I had to tell to stop because if he heard that he might figure it out and get tight but she doesn't deal with any of my friends so it's whatever.

Edit - I think also why I'm not mad is because he worked at a clothing store back in the day and got me a shirt and tie for like $45-60 and I didn't pay him back for like 1-3 years but when I did it was with interest and like $180.

Last edited:
I never lend out cash cuz I doubt I’ll get it back and who knows what the person asking really gon do wit it...just ask me to help u out with something n I’ll take care of it myself if it’s that serious instead of lending out the bread

so listen to this **** man

-day before saint patricks day
-ive been piping this well off chick like...5 or 6 times within a couple months (lives downtown, brags about her 6 figure salary, etc)
-she often gets fire :nerd: favors and doesn't really hesitate to share
-i text her and say my friend needs 200 plus worth
-she says all good just venmo her and i can come over tomorrow so im like ok cool
-my friend venmos me and i venmo her
-i start messaging and blowing her up the next morning hella early cuz everybody gets up early to drink in Chicago for Saint Patricks saying can i come scoop

-she goes ghost....
-its been like 3 weeks now and I know where she lives and the bars she frequents
-ive has some pretty rash thoughts but i wanna be careful

-this is my friends $ and he is well off too and he shrugged it off but i still take this personally cuz its blatant disrespect on her end

-what would y'all do?

i feel 100% responsible

and even tho my homie shrugged it off, i need to get her back somehow

**** bothers me

NEVER lend someone money if they're the type of people to never pay you back, but hit u w/ the "I'll get ________ next time, so we'll be even." :lol: :smh:

One of the most crucial lessons I've learned is to not "lend" money to people. If you must, only lend an amount you are willing to give them as a gift because chances are that is what it will become. It doesn't matter how well you think you know the person, because people do not operate the same when money is involved.

this one guy said his car broke down and needed a few more dollars to give to the tow truck guy so i gave him $20...he told me he owned the pizza place around the corner and that i could swing by the next day to grab my $20 and a free pizza, so when i walked in there asking the workers if the guy was there, they were like who, and i was like oh...

Back in college a cat that was my childhood friend asked me to borrow $100 for an emergency.

Turns out, dude was getting scammed by some big broad on the hook up chatlines. The girl claimed she was pregnant and he later told me he borrowed to money for the abortion. He had the money, but his parents monitored his account.

Dude didn't pay me back for months.

I was in his city for a step show for a weekend. Dude tried to pay for me to get into events and buy me drinks instead if giving me my money back. I said no I want it how I gave it to you.

Dude finally broke down and pulled a $100 out his pocket in front of ppl and tried to act like I was the one making a big deal.

What a way to throw 15 years of friendship down the drain.

Family, something similar happened to me. Girl I've been cool with for years tried to take something out of my house, said she was gonna give it back the next day. Of course she 'forgot' it. She was offering to pay for lunch basically using that as a trade-off, no i want my stuff back . Then later on that day she got mad that i wanted it back and gave me a speech about 'how stingy i am' :rofl: girl exit my life.

Similar to op's story, in 9th grade (97) a dude in my neighborhood was gonna buy a game system from me for 100. He have me 50 up front and said he'll give me the rest later. He gave me 15 about a week later. Another time he tried to give me the rest but i was running late going somewhere with my mom and couldn't get back in contact with him later that day. Few weeks go by and i hit him up and he says ''i tried to give you the rest and you didn't come get it, plus they don't make games for this system anymore..." I didn't even stress about it. Later in high school he became known as a notorious liar.

Last edited:

I've been burned too many times to even give out loans anymore. My mother is the only person who I'll give **** too and shes pays me back whether I like it or not. I dont like building debt either so I try not to borrow cash no matter what. I had a bit of a temper in my youth but even as I got older I know I would still lose it if someone owed me money and tried some slick **** and not pay me back. **** the amount its the principle

EDIT: Randomly reminded of the Geno Smith situation, dude deserved every bit of that right hook

Loaned my boy several hundred dollars back in the day because he had 2 kids and move to another state with his baby moms. Son never paid me back or even bought it up in conversation. Legit felt a way but I let it go as a red mark in the books. We’re not cool like that anymore but I don’t even care for the money any longer tbh

Lost a gf over it. Never followed my own rule. But she was my down down chick.

Long story short. She was having trouble with her fasfa and needed to register for school didnt have funds. I paid for her tuition and books at QCC. Two semester passes by she decides to dead school
And go to st.martin to see her fam.

The fasfa money comes in while shes there. Doesnt tell me until the day she got back.

She spent the money over there also. So back to square one.

Deaded her the day after she got back and after i beat the guts up. I was furious.

I ****ed her couple years after we reconnected but it wasnt the same. Love, fat *** and beautiful face blinded me to her careless, unmotivated, insecure ways.

Back
Top Bottom