People that say ""I will ship once funds are in my account""

You do know if someone files a chargeback the money will still be negative on ur account so what's the point in waiting to ship the item?

Originally Posted by dakid23

I don't buy from people who do this.

agreed 
smokin.gif

funds in account = transferred from paypal to bank account?
If so, that's kinda lame. I just make sure payment is cleared and confirmed.
Can people file chargebacks on anything other than gift payments, though?

I don't understand why this is a problem. If you buy anything from amazon or bestbuy online, you always pay before they ship as well. Why should this be any different?

Most people do this cause they wait for the money transfer from PayPal to their bank account thinking they are safe from a chargeback. Just saying if ur gonna get got its gonna happen regardless so expedite the shipping
smile.gif

Sellers want to make sure they can see the money first safely in their account

Originally Posted by oidreez

Sellers want to make sure they can see the money first safely in their account

yea i used to do this but not anymore i used to be shook.
laugh.gif

but if it clears paypal i ship anyway now. if i feel sketchy about someone i put the tracking info in the paypal transaction

I remember everyone did this back in the days on ebay. Now for some reason, E-bay makes you ship the item first before the money clears. I always think there is more fraud on the other side but I guess it goes both ways.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

I remember everyone did this back in the days on ebay. Now for some reason, E-bay makes you ship the item first before the money clears. I always think there is more fraud on the other side but I guess it goes both ways.
they don't do this for me anymore and if they ever were to do it again, i would never sell on ebay again.

you don't go to a store and buy a tv and tell them your going to take the tv home and then you'll pay later so it shouldn't be that way with ebay either.

regarding the not shipping before transfering the funds.  i can't blame dudes that do this.  back in the mid 2000's paypal would lock and freeze accounts regularly for the most petty random reasons.  im not exaggerating but i wouldn't feel safe with my money until it cleared into my bank account back then as paypal had a ton of problems during that time.

personally i rather have my paypal account be negative but have the money in my bank account then  ship the stuff out and the buyer files a chargeback when the money is transfering and paypal cancels the transfer and im out the money and the item i sold.

if my paypal account is negative  i could care less, i just would cancel all my ebay auctions and only take money orders and google checkout until i got the chargeback situation resolved by calling the local authorities in the scammers city.

I WOULD only do that if I had ZERO dollars to ship their item to begin with... other than that ship as soon as the payment clears.

I do it. You pay for shipping, I'm not shipping til the money is physically in my hand to ship your item.

I have a separate bank account attached to my paypal. I don't wait for the money to clear my bank account before I ship, but as soon as it does, I drive straight to the atm and take the money out. The money hits my account before they receive their stuff anyway, so if they do a charge back before they even get their product I have a good shot of winning that case.

Originally Posted by megatron

I WOULD only do that if I had ZERO dollars to ship their item to begin with... other than that ship as soon as the payment clears.

paypal debit card ftw..

I usually ship whenever the money's in my PayPal, but I always make sure they have a confirmed address. I create an agreement post and I usually keep the tracking number paper for proof and what not for a while.

I was kind of nervous when I sold my Nerfs almost two weeks ago. I ended up finding her on Twitter literally a few minutes after I shipped the shoes. I still have the tracking number/signature confirmation paper in my room, too.
laugh.gif

I need to look into getting a PayPal debit card, btw. Had no idea there was such thing.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

I need to look into getting a PayPal debit card, btw. Had no idea there was such thing.
nerd.gif

What's a PayPal debit card do? Same thing as a regular debit card would do?

I ship once funds are in my paypal acct! I need to lOok into that paypal debt card

too many scammers
and those of you who have a paypal debit card RIP to your credit score

if any of you ever get got and have a negative your credit score is going down if you got a paypal debit card

when people file chargebacks your account goes negative then paypal investigates it if you have a solid rep as a seller paypal will work with you and pay the negative balance themself

cause you are covered by seller protection

i suggest everyone with paypal make a backup account to send money to your main one (make sure they arent linked)

BS...this is how online retailers work. Why do you think there is a "processing" time when you order stuff online? Funds have to be verified, taken out of your account, then transferred to a linked account. If it's close to the weekend, it takes a little longer. I wouldn't have it any other way when selling shoes to some random person online.

Some of y'all are straight up foolish and take these online reputations for granted. I get my money, you get your product, period. This is the way commerce works. Why chance it and have to go thru the process of recovering your money or product in the event you do get scammed?

- Preciate it.

Back
Top Bottom