Petyon Manning will go down as the GOAT

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Anybody that watches and knows Football can see that Peyton is the better QB. And the fact that Matt Cassell looked good with that system should really show how good that system is.

100% Truth.

At the end of the day, Joe Montana is the inventor of "the catch", John Elway is the inventor of "the drive"......Tom Brady is the inventor of "the tuck rule"
eyes.gif
. There should be no debate about how Peyton is better than Brady, it's pretty much straight forward, an open and shut case.
top 5 most ignorant S&T contributor...thanks for another "brilliant" contribution

If I had to play one football game and could take any QB living/dead/playing/not playing, I'd probably take Manning. I'm an older cat and I'vewatched Montana's poise and Elway's heroics, but Colts #11 is the best I have ever seen.

Originally Posted by Troponin C

You're funny
alg_walsh.jpg
Most of you weren't even born when #16 was playing, so you don't know.

Shame on the dude that said Montana was a good player at best.

laugh.gif
^ Joe thinks this thread is funny.

Originally Posted by Pig Love

Originally Posted by Troponin C

You're funny
alg_walsh.jpg
Most of you weren't even born when #16 was playing, so you don't know.

Shame on the dude that said Montana was a good player at best.

laugh.gif
^ Joe thinks this thread is funny.
well it's "go down" as GOAT. right now, of course montana is the GOAT

Anybody that watches and knows Football can see that Peyton is the better QB. And the fact that Matt Cassell looked good with that system should really show how good that system is.

100% Truth.

At the end of the day, Joe Montana is the inventor of "the catch", John Elway is the inventor of "the drive"......Tom Brady is the inventor of "the tuck rule"
eyes.gif
. There should be no debate about how Peyton is better than Brady, it's pretty much straight forward, an open and shut case.
Just stop posting. Please.

Adam Vinatieri played a bigger part in the Pats 3 Super Bowls than Brady.

indifferent.gif

top 5 most ignorant S&T contributor...thanks for another "brilliant" contribution

A response by a New England Patriot fan, who would have guessed......
laugh.gif

Just stop posting. Please.

A response by a "soon to be" 2010 New York Knick fan, who cares what you think on the matter.

fact: the GOAT needs to do more than play well in the regular season

Then that takes Tom Brady right out of the equation then. At the end of the day, Tom Brady will be forever known as the first quarterback to get a KICKER into the Hall of Fame, if that doesn't tell you something then I don't know what will.
roll.gif
And Peyton will forever be known as the QB that puts upregular season #s and a choker in the postseason. 7 INTs and 3 TDs during their Super Bowl run. That championship doesnt take that choker label off of him, thedefense, running game, and Grossman helped him. I guess that qualifies you to be the greatest.

100% Truth.

eyes.gif
If this wouldn't have happened

04b25b7de4f6eaab35bae9310d3070b3-getty-77331464rb117_super_bowl_xl.jpg

(which was out of Brady's control)

we'd be talking about the first QB who led his team to a 19-0 record, with 50 passing TD's in the reg. season and won his 4th SB to tie Montana andBradshaw.

Who also led the team to a TD-winning drive with 2 minutes and change left in the game.

But, obviously, !%$% happens.

How soon we forget...

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

100% Truth.

eyes.gif

The thing is he states things like he God telling moses the 10 commandments

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

100% Truth.

eyes.gif

we'd be talking about the first QB who led his team to a 19-0 record, with 50 passing TD's in the reg. season and won his 4th SB to tie Montana and Bradshaw.

Who also led the team to a TD-winning drive with 2 minutes and change left in the game.

How soon we forget...

17 points? HA HA HA OK

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I dont understand where this notion that the Colts have usually been poor defensively comes from.

Dungy came in and improved that team's D drastically.

2002-8th ranked D in the NFL (in terms of points allowed per game)
2005-2nd
2007-1st
2008-7th

So yeah, he's had some really crappy defenses but he's also had some solid ones (atleast in 05 and 07).

The year he won the SB he had a 70 QB rating in the playoffs to go with 3 TDs and 7 INTs. You dont think his D had a part to play in helping the Colts win the SB that year?

Who's to blame for his 7-8 playoff record with the Colts? The players on that team have changed over the years but he's remained the only constant. Who's to blame for the Colts going one-and-done in the playoffs 4 times with Peyton as a starting QB?

The fact of the matter is Peyton Manning is a great QB with a brilliant regular season resume but he has not been as good in the playoffs. He should not be amongst GOAT discussion unless he wins atleast 2 more rings and proves that he can consistently perform well in big time playoff games. You can not deny that he is great but to say he's possibly the GOAT? Nah.

i cant remember a season when the colts d was a top 10 d....and for the record..the nfl is stacked with talent NOW then when joe montana played, troy aikman orsteve young....theres teams with 2 very good running backs, (miami with ronnie brown and ricky williams, broncos with buckhalter and moreno...titans with whiteand johnson,) and this list goes on...also teams have more then 1 great reciever now adays...so what peyton is not excellent in the post season, he has a superbowl win..which is more then 90% of other qbs, its like your saying cause brady got 3 hes awesome..how many does that chump in pittsburgh got? look at bradysnumbers this year...hes no better then jay cutler..and i think kyle orton is better then brady with LESS weapons...do u follow football or are you a patriotbandwagoneer? and there was a great qb who never won a superbowl....he played down there in south beach? i knew since he never won a superbowl that i wouldforget his name...o well...

100% Truth.

eyes.gif

we'd be talking about the first QB who led his team to a 19-0 record, with 50 passing TD's in the reg. season and won his 4th SB to tie Montana and Bradshaw.

How soon we forget...

and to you...the patriots lost a few games that season if it wasnt for the help of the refs...they were beat by baltimore but i guess your average joe on thesideline can just call timeouts...and look at the @$+$!$+! calls the pats get this year...tom brady doesnt even fall down and its roughing the passer???im gladthis %#%!$ still plays..wait til he comes to indianapolis..we gon show you non believers how u got 19-0
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

fact: the GOAT needs to do more than play well in the regular season

Then that takes Tom Brady right out of the equation then. At the end of the day, Tom Brady will be forever known as the first quarterback to get a KICKER into the Hall of Fame, if that doesn't tell you something then I don't know what will.
roll.gif
And Peyton will forever be known as the QB that puts up regular season #s and a choker in the postseason. 7 INTs and 3 TDs during their Super Bowl run. That championship doesnt take that choker label off of him, the defense, running game, and Grossman helped him. I guess that qualifies you to be the greatest.

I see what your getting at, and yeah Peyton maybe doesn't have the best post-season stats versus other QB's maybe. However, let's not make it seemlike Superbowl rings or post-season accomplishments are the end all be all in judging who are the best QB's of all-time. There's already a QB that hasNO Superbowl victory at all to his name that is widely regarded as one of the Top 5 QB's of all-time.

How soon we forget...

Change the picture you have up there and insert this picture below in place of it and we might not even be talking about Brady having any SuperBowl rings tobegin with..................How soon we forget indeed champ.

video-camera-recorder.jpg

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

100% Truth.

eyes.gif

How soon we forget...
17 points? HA HA HA OK

What does David Tyree making that catch have to do with Brady tho?

Yes, the Giants held that offense to 14 points and had the perfect gameplan against it. They were the better team that day. I'm not taking any credit awayfrom them whatsoever.

...but my man up there is talking about Brady being known for the tuck rule and putting a kicker in the hall of fame and all that jazz.

If that catch wasn't made we'd be talking about all the things I mentioned. Brady with 4 rings, 3 of them won on a final scoring drive in the 4th...2of them by FG, one of them by TD. So no Vinatieri on the last win.

What would the excuse have been then?

And just in case anyone is confused, I'm not even talking about Manning anymore. I've already said what I feel about him some pages ago. I'm justresponding to this absurd notion that Brady will only be known for _____ or he's only good because ______.
Originally Posted by rwhitaker04

and to you...the patriots lost a few games that season if it wasnt for the help of the refs...they were beat by baltimore but i guess your average joe on the sideline can just call timeouts...and look at the @$+$!$+! calls the pats get this year...tom brady doesnt even fall down and its roughing the passer???im glad this %#%!$ still plays..wait til he comes to indianapolis..we gon show you non believers how u got 19-0
smile.gif
That all sounds cool but it has nothing to do with my point.

And please don't group me in some category like you know me. Gracias.
Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

^ if it's not the kicker, it's the refs who built brady's legacy. i love it
laugh.gif
The camera, don't forget the camera. Also, Bill Belichick's hoodie has a hidden thermal layer which provides warmth to the right areas ofthe brain and gives him that edge vs. opposing head coaches. We have to include that as well.

but my man up there is talking about Brady being known for the tuck rule and putting a kicker in the hall of fame and all that jazz.

At the end of the day, Brady is the inventor of the "tuck rule", now you don't have to like it, but it is the truth. Not to mention, he'salso the inventor of the latest roughing the passer rule that the NFL has in place but we won't go down that road. Also, don't you find it verystrange that since the NFL Hall of Fame opened in 1963 NOT ONE kicker has every been inducted into the HOF, but yet Adam Vinatieri may very well be the firstkicker to be inducted once he retires some 40 years plus after the Hall first opened. Not saying that a bad thing for Vinatieri or kickers in general. For asituation like this though, you would have to ask yourself what if anything he did that made him standout over all the other kickers that have ever playedfootball. What big kicks did he have, what games did he perform big in?? The obvious goes without saying, for all intense purposes during the 3 SuperBowlvictories that the Patriots had, Vinatieri had bigger moments than Brady in all 3 games. I mean if that doesn't tell you something I don't know whatwill.

wow @ the direction of this ...

indifferent.gif
@ whoever saying brady would have a 4th if it wasn't for tyree... if we play the what if game then u can insert anything i.e. would brady even have 1 ifit weren't for the tuck rule...

i'm still tight about the kicker on the panthers kicking the ball out of bounds and having brady start @ the 40 ... made driving into FG range that mucheasier ...

w/e ... its 3 to 1 ...and hopefully by the end of this year its 3 to 2 ... and i can be the first one to dig this thread out of the grave

Yes, if it wasn't for Vinatieri, Brady wouldn't have thrown 3 TD passes in the SB win over Carolina or 2 TD passes in the SB win over Philly.
i cant remember a season when the colts d was a top 10 d....and for the record..the nfl is stacked with talent NOW then when joe montana played, troy aikman or steve young....theres teams with 2 very good running backs, (miami with ronnie brown and ricky williams, broncos with buckhalter and moreno...titans with white and johnson,) and this list goes on...also teams have more then 1 great reciever now adays...so what peyton is not excellent in the post season, he has a super bowl win..which is more then 90% of other qbs, its like your saying cause brady got 3 hes awesome..how many does that chump in pittsburgh got? look at bradys numbers this year...hes no better then jay cutler..and i think kyle orton is better then brady with LESS weapons...do u follow football or are you a patriot bandwagoneer? and there was a great qb who never won a superbowl....he played down there in south beach? i knew since he never won a superbowl that i would forget his name...o well...
I just posted FACTUAL stats about the Colts defensive rankings and you say "I cant remember the last time the Colts had a top 10 D". TheColts have had 4 top 10 ranked D's this decade including the #2 best D statistically in 2005 and #1 best D statistically in 2007. Lets not downplay theColts' D's significance in their 2006 SB win...guys like Bob Sanders were beasts on the Colts D.

The talk about the Colts WRs is due to some genius saying that Manning never had great WRs. Harrison and Wayne were way better WRs than Brady had before he gotMoss and Welker.

Did you just call Ben Roethlisberger a chump?

Did you just say Kyle Orton is a better QB than a Tom Brady coming off of a career threatening knee injury?

You lost all your credibility.

This thread has become a waste of time due to dudes getting emotions tangled up with statistics and facts. What started off as an interesting discussioncomparing Super Bowl wins, regular season statistics, playoff records, clutchness and quality of team mates has now become a discussion about video cameras andhow much people hate the Patriots. I'm not even a Patriots fan but I think its difficult to deny that they are one of the best franchises in all of sports.Its hard to have serious discussions here on NT when some dudes are completely emotional, irrational and illogical.

I notice that on numerous arguments here on NT, either dudes already have preemptive agendas and can't be objective or in a ____ vs. ____ comparison topic,they choose a side and feel the need to discredit everything on the other side when it's not warranted.
Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

indifferent.gif
@ whoever saying brady would have a 4th if it wasn't for tyree... if we play the what if game then u can insert anything i.e. would brady even have 1 if it weren't for the tuck rule...
You're right. My point tho' was that some are making it seem like Vinatieri should deserve FULL credit for all the SB wins when it'sreally a hand-in-hand thing. Brady gave him the alley, Adam got the 'oop. Both did what they were supposed to do. So in the scenario that I presented, whatgets said then? Refs? Cameras? Tuck rule? I wonder what excuse would have been made...

I should have seen that this *@#$ was gonna go off on a tangent so I'll just end it off saying what I said the first time around here...if Peyton Manningwins another SB or two and continues on the #'s path he's on, he'll have the strongest case made for GOAT and IMO is already in the top 5.

I just posted FACTUAL stats about the Colts defensive rankings and you say "I cant remember the last time the Colts had a top 10 D". The Colts have had 4 top 10 ranked D's this decade including the #2 best D statistically in 2005 and #1 best D statistically in 2007. Lets not downplay the Colts' D's significance in their 2006 SB win...guys like Bob Sanders were beasts on the Colts D.
The Colts D wasn't that good though. If you watched the games, you'd know it was Peyton carrying that team...the exception was theirSuperbowl run when the D stepped up that entire playoffs and carried Peyton, which I guess means something. That's why I think Peyton should win at leastone more just to take that argument away...

I notice that on numerous arguments here on NT, either dudes already have preemptive agendas and can't be objective or in a ____ vs. ____ comparison topic, they choose a side and feel the need to discredit everything on the other side when it's not warranted.
Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

indifferent.gif
@ whoever saying brady would have a 4th if it wasn't for tyree... if we play the what if game then u can insert anything i.e. would brady even have 1 if it weren't for the tuck rule...
You're right. My point tho' was that some are making it seem like Vinatieri should deserve FULL credit for all the SB wins when it's really a hand-in-hand thing. Brady gave him the alley, Adam got the 'oop. Both did what they were supposed to do. So in the scenario that I presented, what gets said then? Refs? Cameras? Tuck rule? I wonder what excuse would have been made...

I should have seen that this *@#$ was gonna go off on a tangent so I'll just end it off saying what I said the first time around here...if Peyton Manning wins another SB or two and continues on the #'s path he's on, he'll have the strongest case made for GOAT and IMO is already in the top 5.

I just posted FACTUAL stats about the Colts defensive rankings and you say "I cant remember the last time the Colts had a top 10 D". The Colts have had 4 top 10 ranked D's this decade including the #2 best D statistically in 2005 and #1 best D statistically in 2007. Lets not downplay the Colts' D's significance in their 2006 SB win...guys like Bob Sanders were beasts on the Colts D.
The Colts D wasn't that good though. If you watched the games, you'd know it was Peyton carrying that team...the exception was their Superbowl run when the D stepped up that entire playoffs and carried Peyton, which I guess means something. That's why I think Peyton should win at least one more just to take that argument away...

THIS ... /thread ... it was only fitting after all those years of playing poor D that they actually carried him for once... Now its his turn to do it no matterwhat to cement his legacy period ...

100% Truth.

eyes.gif
pimp.gif

I think people just didn't watch Cassell much..dude sucked.

that was a 16 win team to an 11 win team....5 game difference...if they were an 11 win team to a 6 win team is cassell = brady? of course not.

that said, Peyton is and always has been better.

1 more ring or SB trip would solidify GOAT status for me

Back
Top Bottom