Petyon Manning will go down as the GOAT

I have Manning, Elway, Montana, Marino and Unitas in my top 5 with Brady/Farve right there as well. Can't go wrong with any of them.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by dland24

Even as a 49er fan, I whole heartedly endorse this thread. Something to think about with SB wins as part of your basis of arguments. Terry Bradshaw has 4 SB rings, and is barely even in the top 10 when talking about best QBs ever. Just throwing that out there.
There was this thing called the Iron Curtain when Bradshaw was winning his Super Bowls, ever hear about it?
grin.gif

Just throwing that #*+% back at ya.

I was just trying to illustrate a point here. People are trying to say Tom Brady this....Tom Brady that.....he has 3 rings.....Manning has 1.....blah blahblah. Just pointing out that winning rings should not hold the most weight when judging INDIVIDUAL greatness. Bradshaw has 4 rings, yet you NEVER hear his namementioned with the greatest of all time. WHy? Bingo FB....because of the Steel Curtain. It is largely believed that they won because the Steelers had anincredible TEAM. Yet for some reason, people think its Tom Brady that is the reason the Patriots won. Im not trying to take anything away from Brady. He is agreat QB. But his legacy was built by Adam V's foot, the Patriots D, and a camera. Yet for some reason, the belief is "he has 3 rings, he's one ofthe best to ever do it."

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Even as a 49er fan, I whole heartedly endorse this thread. Something to think about with SB wins as part of your basis of arguments. Terry Bradshaw has 4 SB rings, and is barely even in the top 10 when talking about best QBs ever. Just throwing that out there.
There was this thing called the Iron Curtain when Bradshaw was winning his Super Bowls, ever hear about it?
grin.gif

Just throwing that #*+% back at ya.

I was just trying to illustrate a point here. People are trying to say Tom Brady this....Tom Brady that.....he has 3 rings.....Manning has 1.....blah blah blah. Just pointing out that winning rings should not hold the most weight when judging INDIVIDUAL greatness. Bradshaw has 4 rings, yet you NEVER hear his name mentioned with the greatest of all time. WHy? Bingo FB....because of the Steel Curtain. It is largely believed that they won because the Steelers had an incredible TEAM. Yet for some reason, people think its Tom Brady that is the reason the Patriots won. Im not trying to take anything away from Brady. He is a great QB. But his legacy was built by Adam V's foot, the Patriots D, and a camera. Yet for some reason, the belief is "he has 3 rings, he's one of the best to ever do it."

manning wished he had vinaterri foot that year a certain kicker missed the game winning field goal in the playoffs that year.............so does dan marino

Im not trying to take anything away from Brady. He is a great QB. But his legacy was built by Adam V's foot, the Patriots D, and a camera. Yet for some reason, the belief is "he has 3 rings, he's one of the best to ever do it."

Don't forget to add the tuck rule to that list.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

[h3]Peyton Manning will go down as the GOAT[/h3]
Nope..
He's been the GOAT since he won the Superbowl, then added to it by winning his 4th MVP.

I can see you're the perfect example like most other NT'ers who base their opinions as things happen.

Originally Posted by Pac10OWNsSEC

so a lose today says he wont?

LOL

YA OK
Throwing a bad pass/int leading to an opponent's TD in a crucial possession in the SB which basically loses the game for them says he wont. 

^ That's just ridiculous, you obviously dislike the guy.

Regardless if you hate him or not he already is one of the greatest at his position.

Montana didn't lose games for the 49ers in any SB the way Manning just did. For that fact alone Montana>Manning.

y'all seriously overrate Super Bowls when talking about individual greatness...

Peyton Manning will finish his career as the best to ever play quarterback.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Judged how though?  Regular season stats?  Come on. 

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Montana didn't lose games for the 49ers in any SB the way Manning just did. For that fact alone Montana>Manning.
So...he loses 1 Super Bowl and he has no chance for the remainder of his career to pass Montana? Stop, kid.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

GOATs don't choke. 

greatest regular season qb.........NOT in the playoffs. In the playoffs, he's has just been average. Can't count on Peyton when it counts the most just like that interception in the end. Their Defense/Grossman/Rhodes won the Colts the first super bowl...after this game, it's still Brady>Peyton

Back
Top Bottom