Philip Rivers UNAPPRECIATION!

AFC Championship game after beating the Super Bowl champs and coming back from a 1-3 start = a very good look to me.

but how is this guy gonna talk $@!% to the fans, and not come back to play, they rely on Billy Volek to finish the game, even LT was pissed at Rivers on thesideline.

heee.....i used to watch him alot when he was at nc state...he koo in my book...he didnt show that cocky attitude in college like he does now....but i respectit

Dude seems to me to be all quiet until he knows the game is over then he starts flappin his gums like he is all big time, if true thats weaksauce

Originally Posted by peerL3ss aLL day

AFC Championship game after beating the Super Bowl champs and coming back from a 1-3 start = a very good look to me.

but how is this guy gonna talk $@!% to the fans, and not come back to play, they rely on Billy Volek to finish the game, even LT was pissed at Rivers on the sideline.

No one gave the Chargers a chance to win. Perhaps that riled him up.

He made a great throw that injured himself to score the go ahead touch down.

He COULDN'T come back to play. Do you think if he has even the smallest chance to play we would have seen Volek lead that drive?

Maybe the field section behind the Chargers bench was extra nasty to him? Who knows what was happening for him to talk crap. We weren't there towitness it.
I like that he has a firey personality. He isn't gonna be Peyton or Brett out there. I like his fire more than I like Eli's "drunkbefore the game" on field personality.

nt needs to ease off with the rivers hate. he made two AMAZING touchdown throws vs the colts, and as far as the running his mouth and talking mess goes i kindof like it. it's sort of refreshing as a white boy myself to see a white football player with some swag and cockiness.

rivers personality > mannings personality.

PR gets the Rex Grossman treatment from me ie the Bears last season.

He gets the job done. Yeah, I'm a Rivers hater. I still do. I think he's classless and makes himself look like a damn fool.

I hope LT can give him some humble pie so he could calm down.

But I'll give him his credit and to Vincent Jackson as well. I guess when you key in on a receiver enough, he'll finally catch the damn ball, and sofar, Rivers to VJ is working. I'll take it.

He makes plays when given time to throw the ball, but outside of ******ation like Joey Harrington, when you're given time, you better make a play. I stillthink his football IQ is a little off. We saw that when he's forced out of the pocket, he still doesn't know what to do with the ball.

Still not a fan. Just because I'm a Chargers fan, it doesn't mean I have to love all the players and support them. Prime example, David Boston.

Appreciated that he's getting the job done for my Chargers.

Unappreciated as a QB.

Lead by example. Rivers' mouth will lead to his own demise.

Damn, that is the problem with the monotonous world of the professional athlete. When someone breaks from the mold, everyone hates on him. If anything, Igive Rivers props for being different. Sorry, but, there are no robots like NFL Players. They all seem the same except for the few that break from the norm(Rivers, TO, Ocho Cinco, etc.). Everyone else is the same robot spitting out the same cliches.

I don't know why ESPN gives so much coverage to NFL player interviews, they are all boring and you already know what the player is going to say before hesays it.

^
Eh, I don't know about interviews. PR talks so damn fast most of the time you don't understand what the hell he says.

Philip Rivers is a classless piece of trash. It's one thing to talk trash against your opponents and another thing to taunt opposing fans after a win.

Can't wait to see JaMarcus shut Rivers up next season.

Definitely unappreciated.

^
It'll be a while before the Raiders will get a W against the Chargers.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Damn, that is the problem with the monotonous world of the professional athlete. When someone breaks from the mold, everyone hates on him. If anything, I give Rivers props for being different. Sorry, but, there are no robots like NFL Players. They all seem the same except for the few that break from the norm (Rivers, TO, Ocho Cinco, etc.). Everyone else is the same robot spitting out the same cliches.

I don't know why ESPN gives so much coverage to NFL player interviews, they are all boring and you already know what the player is going to say before he says it.

Phillip Rivers is not 'different'

Phillip Rivers is the equivilant of 'that guy' in your normal pickup playground bball game. A guy who thinks he's game, but isn't really allthat. The guy that runs his mouth. A punk.

^Word! It's one thing to have a 'fiery personality' and whatnot, but dude is not that. He's yelling at/fighting with everybody... coaches,fans, teammates, refs, trainers, waterboys, dudes carrying the chains, just everybody (except for LT for some reason, LOL). He's like Ross Perot on a rantout there, circa 92.

Why are you running up to the fans, pointing them out and yelling at them individually? Yeah, Bob from Anderson, You Suck as a Fan! That could NOT be the firsttime an opposing crowd has had something to say to him. Don't they play the Raiders twice a year, the Raider Nation gotta come harder than 60K of usbumpkins in a lil dome... LMAO

Either way, young Phil did really well against the Colts and got his team a win. Billy Volek came in and did his job very well when called upon (that'swhat backup is supposed to do, not screw it up). Peyton was a beast as usual, but threw the 2 picks (both of which were off receivers hands and could/shouldhave been completions). Can't blame it on Peyton (though the media is already LMAO). Chargers D played major all game long, came up with huge plays and bighits. Freeney being out really hurt, we didn't get to Phil AT ALL. Sad to see LT go down, hope he's healthy for the Pats. Colts HAVE to win that gamewith LT out the entire second half, Gates hobbled and Rivers out the 4th. Flibbin' Darren Sproles, AGAIN? WTF?

Rivers is that dude. "yeah I talk a lotta !*$*, but I could back it up" - Some rapper

He can't back up that cocky attitude he has with the we he plays. He doesn't have an arm, and can't get the job done. Meanwhile, he gets knockedout of the game, and is boasting to the fans.

I want the Chargers to beat NE next week, but Rivers is going to get smacked around.

this guy thinks he's a superstar AND God's gift to the NFL.

but I have to cheer for him if Volek doesn't play just 'cause I am tired of the Patriots' winning ways.

Originally Posted by cmoweb

Don't they play the Raiders twice a year, the Raider Nation gotta come harder than 60K of us bumpkins in a lil dome... LMAO

I guess you didn't see what happened when Rivers got smacked by a Raider during the last regular season game hahahaha.

I see your points, but let dude play and mature. He's in his second year doing big things, he loves to talk and I find it hilarious to a point. Ithasn't become damaging to the team yet, we'll see what BB dredges up to rile up his players. I always said that PR could have a future in politicswith his big mouth.

Philip Rivers is that dude. That smack talking gets me riled up

Looks like Me Supra and Buggz are the only supporters of this dude

Rivers a G, he got the right to go back at fans jawing at him, telling him he sucks....Just cause he not a simp like some other athletes, that dont mean yallshould hate on the G.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

my arm > rivers' arm

but I'm like the vince young of Arizona intramurals. ask dfresh

�i couldn't resist
tired.gif

laugh.gif

as for p.rivers, i think he acts like that because his team feels more comfortable being guided by a QB that is tough and gritty.

Back
Top Bottom