Pitbulls NT are they worth it?

Blue-Pitbull.jpg

Beautiful dogs but are they worth the risk of it attacking you?

I have had 3 so far... great dogs

lots of $$ and time... but loyalty can't be matched
and while I have the chance... in b4 megatron

1594202_o.gif

if you raise them to be bad, yes.

if you raise them like you're suppose to, no risk of them attacking you.

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

1594202_o.gif
^ Color are they still living and have you had any problems out of them

Originally Posted by CWrite78

if you raise them to be bad, yes.

if you raise them like you're suppose to, no risk of them attacking you.

I heard that but I also heard about good owners and the dogs still turned on them.

Originally Posted by vell23

1594202_o.gif

grey... my first one died of cancer 
frown.gif

next two were solid.  my uncle breeds them in Hawaii so we would always get the stud to watch before it was "sexy" time for them.  believe it or not, they are GREAT around younger children.... very protective

around strangers they can get pretty intimidating and territorial... but that's the point right?

1594202_o.gif

grey... my first one died of cancer 
frown.gif

next two were solid.  my uncle breeds them in Hawaii so we would always get the stud to watch before it was "sexy" time for them.  believe it or not, they are GREAT around younger children.... very protective

around strangers they can get pretty intimidating and territorial... but that's the point right?

^Lol sexy time that was hilarious but I heard all of these things about pits but the attacks are the only thing that turns me off about them and why does the pit I posted look more solid than others

Meh. Way cuter dogs out there that our a fraction of the trouble. Beagles our cute and still really energetic

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

No offense OP, but you seem ignorant to the breed, so I wouldn't suggest it 
grin.gif
None taken my dude I've never owned a pitbull I'm more of a Rott guy but a pitbull pup showed up on my door step so I'm caring for it til I decide what to do with it cause I don't want to call animal control cause you know what's going to happen to it

1594202_o.gif

wow you actually had the time to give your opinion, put some thought into it, execute in b4 megatron and include a gif ?! 
laugh.gif
 Bravo. There should be a competition where you try to make your first post as thorough and visually pleasant as possible without editing. But if you take too long, you risk the chance of losing that spot to some another nter or megatron himself. 
laugh.gif

No offense OP, but you seem ignorant to the breed, so I wouldn't suggest it 
grin.gif
None taken my dude I've never owned a pitbull I'm more of a Rott guy but a pitbull pup showed up on my door step so I'm caring for it til I decide what to do with it cause I don't want to call animal control cause you know what's going to happen to it

Well, people stereotype Rottweilers too, you know how it is I'm sure.
If you were thinking about keeping it, I would. But please don't be "Joe Cool" because you own a pit (not saying you would, but people do this)

But they need to get out, and burn all their energy pretty much everyday. It will be good for bonding with your dog, and a lot of aggressiveness/hyperactivity is built up from not enough exercise/build up of energy. 

When I got mine, my neighbors were pissed because they thought it was gonna kill their kids and what not. Needless to say, their thoughts about pits have changed dramatically..

Make sure you bring it around other dogs while it's still young..

Pits were actually bred to be super loyal, so it won't attack you, and it shouldn't attack anyone else either (they make horrible guard dogs) unless someone was to hurt you.. because they are the most loyal..

This is all assuming it wasn't inbred or anything, a lot of pits don't have papers, but as long as the parents weren't nuts/inbred/or just for breeding, you should be good.

Possibly getting another dog this summer, gonna adopt most likely, the pounds are full of pits. 
frown.gif

Yup when they see the Rott they think it's a murderer as well but I feel you on that "Joe Cool" thing and that isn't me which is why i took time to ask about it. Socialization goes a long way with dogs cause that's what I had to do with the Rott, but I just heard of Pits turning on their owners because of the methods you mentioned the inbreeding and all that

Got the Rott from a local AKC breeder. Yup im pretty sure those small dogs bite and snap at people way more than it's actually portrayed and I will take it to the vet Monday to get it checked on I've been giving people a chance to claim it but no one has so it's going to be mine.

Glad some people in here could set the record straight bout pits. I probably wouldn't own one, but I like the breed. Great dogs.

How old is the puppy, OP?

lol my bad homie but yea it literally showed up and I became attached to it like u said I'm a sucker for puppies

If you have children, I wouldn't chance a pup. You pay good money for a bully so you know the bloodline has aggression bred out of it. Most breeders breed pups to better the line. If it showed up on your doorstep, take caution. There's no telling what makes any dog attack, only way to pinpoint what causes aggression is the bloodline of those before it. Anything can trigger a dog especially their genetic traits. If you got rid of it, I'd find a rescue center for it being it is a pit bull and the pound will put it to sleep.

I've never seen a NT dog thread! Would be a good idea IMO................................

It's not the dog that's the problem. It's the owners. Many of the people who buy pits buy them because they're a very masculine and intimidating breed, so they raise the dog accordingly. Hence the reason so many of them turn out to be violent. Raise it well and you won't have an issue. My brother's is one of the most gentle dogs I've ever met. Great dogs imo
pimp.gif

also, check and see if your city (town, muni, co-op etc) requires you to have an insurance policy if you own one. my hometown required pitt owners to take out 100k liability polices out per "vicious" dog...only dog to have the vicious label was the pitt bull. some people got together and got the law overturned and vicious status removed from pitt bull.

oh yea, megatron got banned yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom