Platonic relationships with the opposite sex Vol. it is really possible?

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

Originally Posted by derventa

I'm not going to start a whole new topic for my question but it is completely related

So I was in love with this girl last year. We went out a few times and I finally broke it down to her, and she immediately friend-zoned me. She says she's heated at this point and doesn't wanna talk to me ever again.

Few months go by, I see her at the grocery store she works at, and she comes up to me and hugs me.
After all this, over the past two months, she's been hitting me up almost every other week on some "wanna chill?" She even hit me up once saying how bored she was, and the first thing I hit her with was "wanna chill?" & she was like "yea i like that no ###$$**# straight to the point
pimp.gif
"

So since I was friendzoned last year by her, I've went out a few times with her....but I still don't see what her intentions are.

How should I go about finding out? I just wanna smash [with the wrath of a thousand hulks] already.

Thanks NT

Guilt card

when you hang with her, be stand offish a lil bit... to the point that she can clearly see something is bothering you.
when she asks what it is, tell her "Its just akward being around you, cuz you kinda blew me off before, and out the blue here we are again"
she will make up some excuse... (she has alterior motive for wanting to hang with you now)
you make her feel like she messed up before, and that you not into the off and on thing....
she will agree (she will be lying)
then you set up yoru 1st official "hanging out" at your crib, with intentions of going in for the smash.
I like this play... ORRRR

You can play the swag card and go about it like nothing happened.  1 year passed and your a boss.  perception is reality in her mind and she will be thinkin, 'damn this man has grown up...im intrigued'  if you even act like what happened 1 year ago is still on your mind your giving her too much power.  you hold the cards, you call the shots and hold the power.  go in with extreme confidence and dont look back.

Ain't that what I just said?  I'm kidding, this is the move though.  Can't have her thinking all like "1 year later and this dude is still sweatin' me"

Ha, ya after I posted it i read through and realized you said the same thing pretty much.. great thought lol

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

No, because women just eat up any kindness shown to them and then demand more.

pimp.gif
mytmouse76, can you give some female insight to my situation?

my fault i thought you were the OP

she wants the D...if i know a guy liked me in the past and i don't like him i'm not hittin him up to tell him i'm bored...i avoid his $!@ as much as possible...
laugh.gif

dont take her out...just have her come through and put her to sleep...then wake her up and tell her she's gotta go
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Infyrno you're better than me son...

if they was my 'friends' i'd probably have 4 restraining to my name
smh.gif

I think its just embedded in my brain, to obtain female friends, and sometimes it doesnt work, like i have smashed chicks i have been friends with, but i guess i developed a good friendship with them, and it never came to that for either person

your avy has me
laugh.gif
 BTW!!!

Originally Posted by icyhotpatch

So I have this homegirl who I swear I love like a sister and NOTHING more. She feels the same way with me, saying I'm the big brother she's never had. For a long time, we've been the best of friends and swear that neither of us will ever fall for the other. I have a girlfriend who I love to death and plan to marry one day. She just started going out with someone and swears she's in love with him.

Now here's the difficult part...All of my friends and hers swear that we would be the perfect couple. Some of my friends even accuse me of cheating on my own girlfriend with this best friend of mine. So I tell her about it and everyone tells her the same exact thing. People seriously think were dating. It's funny to us because we know that we'll be the best of friends forever, nothing more, nothing less. My girlfriend is kinda paranoid about the situation and thinks I care more about my best friend than her (which totally isn't true). All of her boyfriends don't seem to like me because they think I'm too protective over her (but that's how she likes it).

Sometimes we play along with these false rumors just for kicks. She calls me "babe" and stuff like that, and I find it funny and amusing. We even started saying "I love you" to each other and always end up laughing. Lately though, she's been telling me that she really loves me. She swears that it's just in a brotherly kind of way, but to me, that's kind of a strong thing to say. She says she misses me every time I don't see her for awhile and texts me everyday. She talks to me more than she talks to her new boyfriend. She's my best friend and I would do anything for her, just like I would do anything for my girlfriend.

So I ask, am I treading dangerous territory here? Are platonic relationships between and man and a woman really possible? I truly love my girlfriend now and would NEVER leave her but my best friend seems to be getting closer and closer to me. I doubt I'll ever develop feelings for her because I'm totally fine with our relationship but I can't say the same for her. Am I just being paranoid?
extremely dangerous homes
tired.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Why are people trying to force it as a sign of maturity? It really isn't
No one is forcing anything. If you can't view a woman as anything other than sexual you are immature.

it can work as long as someone can deal with that rejection. and dont make things awkward. a lot will depend on the maturity and where both parties are in life.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

No one is forcing anything. If you can't view a woman as anything other than sexual you are immature.
NOT what I said.

I said if I can hang with a dude and a woman for a non sexual experience, why would I ever pick a woman?
Going to:
The Club
A Game
Playing XBOX
Fishing

Any activity that any man would normally do with someone, with sexual potential out of the way, why would I pick a woman over a man to do any of those activities with?

Think of all of the activities that you like to do. I am pretty sure the majority of those activities, you would rather do with a male.

NOT what I said.

I said if I can hang with a dude and a woman for a non sexual experience, why would I ever pick a woman?
Going to:
The Club
A Game
Playing XBOX
Fishing

Any activity that any man would normally do with someone, with sexual potential out of the way, why would I pick a woman over a man to do any of those activities with?

Think of all of the activities that you like to do. I am pretty sure the majority of those activities, you would rather do with a male.

a game and xbox i get

but everything else doesn't really matter...if you two are cool and she just happens to be a woman i dont see the big deal...

i'm trying to go fishing in the next couple of weeks...
nerd.gif

NOT what I said.

Going to:
The Club
A Game
Playing XBOX
Fishing

i have two friends that are girls that i'd rather watch sports and go to a bar with over many of my guy friends. you cant make a blanket statement like that. it depends on the girl, and why you're friends with them in the first place.

I'm not going to start a whole new topic for my question but it is completely related

So I was in love with this girl last year. We went out a few times and I finally broke it down to her, and she immediately friend-zoned me. She says she's heated at this point and doesn't wanna talk to me ever again.

Few months go by, I see her at the grocery store she works at, and she comes up to me and hugs me.
After all this, over the past two months, she's been hitting me up almost every other week on some "wanna chill?" She even hit me up once saying how bored she was, and the first thing I hit her with was "wanna chill?" & she was like "yea i like that no ###$$**# straight to the point
pimp.gif
"

So since I was friendzoned last year by her, I've went out a few times with her....but I still don't see what her intentions are.

How should I go about finding out? I just wanna smash [with the wrath of a thousand hulks] already.

Thanks NT
girls love guys with confidence. and you can easily get them draws
like someone else said act like what you said didnt phase you at all. do you. even cancel on her a few times. and please oh please dont bring up your feelings about her (since all you want to do is have sex with her...which i think you are still probably emotionally attached...but anyways) but chicks dont want to hear about how much you liked her or still do after they friendzoned you. she better be worth it because what she did was kinda rude...cutting you off just because you told her you liked her...anyways after that set up a venue where you can do the do like invite her to watch a movie and just go for it. more than likely she will go along with it. if not...
26122yu.jpg

Thank you Solewoman - our advice was on point
pimp.gif

Maaaaan, id have to say with its a case by case scenario with hanging out with girls in which it is strictly platonic.  i agree primarily with DC on the issue - but ravage and deadset have valid points.  Id rather much kick it with my homies, but i can see where you all are coming from...

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

pimp.gif
"

Thanks NT
girls love guys with confidence. and you can easily get them draws
like someone else said act like what you said didnt phase you at all. do you. even cancel on her a few times. and please oh please dont bring up your feelings about her (since all you want to do is have sex with her...which i think you are still probably emotionally attached...but anyways) but chicks dont want to hear about how much you liked her or still do after they friendzoned you. she better be worth it because what she did was kinda rude...cutting you off just because you told her you liked her...anyways after that set up a venue where you can do the do like invite her to watch a movie and just go for it. more than likely she will go along with it. if not...
26122yu.jpg
No, girls like guys that are cocky.  Huge difference.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

I have two friends that are girls that i'd rather watch sports and go to a bar with over many of my guy friends. you cant make a blanket statement like that. it depends on the girl, and why you're friends with them in the first place.
Well that just means you have some lame/soft/loser friends if you would chose to watch sporting events with a woman you have no sexual interest in over them. Simple as that.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

No, because women just eat up any kindness shown to them and then demand more.

pimp.gif
mytmouse76, can you give some female insight to my situation?

my fault i thought you were the OP

she wants the D...if i know a guy liked me in the past and i don't like him i'm not hittin him up to tell him i'm bored...i avoid his $!@ as much as possible...
laugh.gif

dont take her out...just have her come through and put her to sleep...then wake her up and tell her she's gotta go
laugh.gif

this thread is full of so much win. 

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

I have two friends that are girls that i'd rather watch sports and go to a bar with over many of my guy friends. you cant make a blanket statement like that. it depends on the girl, and why you're friends with them in the first place.
Well that just means you have some lame/soft/loser friends if you would chose to watch sporting events with a woman you have no sexual interest in over them. Simple as that.
laugh.gif
right cause no girl likes sports and no girl actually knows something about sports

like a couple people have said before, it's a maturity thing, and clearly you lack it

No a girl can like sports but what we are talking about here is who you would have a better experience with watching a game. Your boys or a girl. If you (a male) can't look at your male friends and say that you would rather watch a game with them over a female then ,as I said, your friends are soft as hell or just might not be the ones that like sports. Which in turn is saying something negative about your friends more than it is saying anything positive about a female. I don't care how wonderful the girl is, if you have no sexual interest in HER, then I don't see how she would be chosen before your friends to watch a game. Simple math.

I can't possibly have a better time watching a game with any woman than my boys. Simple as that. So what if she likes it, she probably won't like it as much as my folks. Easily would have a better time with my dudes. That is what we are talking about here.

Yea use the maturity card when in doubt. Just means you have nothing better to say to support your argument, so resort to name calling.

Thank you Solewoman and mytmouse
pimp.gif

so should i even hit her up at all, or just play the waiting game

No a girl can like sports but what we are talking about here is who you would have a better experience with watching a game. Your boys or a girl. If you (a male) can't look at your male friends and say that you would rather watch a game with them over a female then ,as I said, your friends are soft as hell or just might not be the ones that like sports. Which in turn is saying something negative about your friends more than it is saying anything positive about a female. I don't care how wonderful the girl is, if you have no sexual interest in HER, then I don't see how she would be chosen before your friends to watch a game. Simple math.

I can't possibly have a better time watching a game with any woman than my boys. Simple as that. So what if she likes it, she probably won't like it as much as my folks. Easily would have a better time with my dudes. That is what we are talking about here.

Yea use the maturity card when in doubt. Just means you have nothing better to say to support your argument, so resort to name calling.
laugh.gif
that's your typical defense...doesn't change the fact that you can't see outside of the little box that you live in. where you get all these absolute truths, i have no idea. but just because you feel a certain way, doesn't mean it applies to everyone. if a girl knows just as much about sports as your other friends, why couldn't you have as good a time with her? what's the hang up? assuming your friendship with her is just as strong as your friendship with the guys you would watch with. i'm just not seeing the hang up you have with it, that's all.

i mean i understand what you mean IF you're talking about your best guy friend, and then some normal female friend. sure you'll have a better time with the better friend.

pimp.gif

waiting game. just go about your biz as if she never hit you back up. it's on her to make things happen.

pimp.gif

no...wait for her to hit you with the bored line again...it really translate to i'm horny...if she wasn't she'd hit up one of her female friends or at least a guy she knows doesnt like her...

when she does tell her to come through and bring a bottle of liq.

if she's black throw in love and basketball...if she's not throw in the notebook or something she's seen before...then...do work...

ps...i don't know if that will work but it doesn't hurt to try right?
laugh.gif

The thing I am saying is I am not "friends" with women I don't have/had goals with. That might be where the tie up is. LOL

I won't hang out or waste my time with a woman I am not attracted to that doesn't work with me or go to the same school as I do. That is all I am saying. It is a waste of time in my opinion. Time is limited as it is now. What do I look like spending my valuable time on a female that can't get me a new job, better grades, or sexual gratification. Won't be their friend just because she is fun to hang around and that is it. That is why I have male friends.

Back
Top Bottom