Please send your thoughts and prayers to MPLSdunk's little girl

UPDATE, she had NO damage shown on the mri. so they went ahead and killed the drugs for a few hours and let her come out of it a little. at first she was opening her eyes and looking at us when we talked to her and then closed them again. she couldn't talk, still has the vent in and hooked up to everything. but the doctors wanted to do some sign tests. we were working with her for about an hour, basically pissing her off. asking her to do this and that. eventually the doctor said "can you put your thumb up?" she shook her head no if you know her you would know that's a good thing, she wont do anything she doesn't want to do, she's stubborn. so we're all happy since we know she still has her personality. then the doctor says "do you want the tubes out of your throat?" she shook her head to say yes. the doctor says "then you gotta do a thumbs up" she immediately does it and that was all they had to see. so all in all a good day.
they put her back under. she does have pneumonia and a swollen throat from them having a hard time getting the vent in. so she will be out for another day or two waiting for the steroids and anti biotics. so yeah we're just waiting for the pneumonia and swollen throat to heal but that's nothing. today was good. best case scenario happened.
smile.gif
Thats great news. Im glad she's doing better. :smile:

God Bless you and your family.

found out there will be a little delay tonight. the fluid was never gone from her lungs. the nurse was mistaken. it's not a huge deal, she'll just stay out for another day letting the antibiotics work. since she is only on propofol now she keeps waking up and moving like crazy, she is waaaaaaay stronger, she sat up today i was like :wow: pretty big deal since yesterday she could barely stick her thumb up. she is really strong, they keep having to give her bumps of propofol in addition to the drip. basically that means they shoot more straight into her iv because the drip isn't enough. that's a good thing that it's hard to keep her down though. other than that we're just waiting for the fluid to go away so they can pull the vent.

Hope she gets to go home soon i have a 6 and 5 year old and would be going crazy if that happened to one of them

found out there will be a little delay tonight. the fluid was never gone from her lungs. the nurse was mistaken. it's not a huge deal, she'll just stay out for another day letting the antibiotics work. since she is only on propofol now she keeps waking up and moving like crazy, she is waaaaaaay stronger, she sat up today i was like :wow: pretty big deal since yesterday she could barely stick her thumb up. she is really strong, they keep having to give her bumps of propofol in addition to the drip. basically that means they shoot more straight into her iv because the drip isn't enough. that's a good thing that it's hard to keep her down though. other than that we're just waiting for the fluid to go away so they can pull the vent.
Prayers sent up bro. Hate to hear about this. Scary situation to say the least. Hoping she has a speedy recovery despite the fluid still in her lungs

They pulled the vent last night. She is awake and talking now. She's all there I think. She was explaining the Disney characters to me on one of her balloons last night. Her throat is killing her but that will get better. She's going through withdrawal now so that sucks but they are doing their best. Next step is getting her eating and pulling the feeding tube.

good to hear shes responsive..havent read thru the whole thread but saw when you mentioned it in TAN about her falling in a  pool, when it happened..

god bless you and your family it wasnt her time..

Last edited:
First post on NT, but I've been lurking for a while. I just wanted to say I'm glad your little girl pulled through. I had to see my Dad on a ventilator when he was fighting lymphoma, toughest thing I saw next to him being buried. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, I hope she make's a speedy recovery. 

:frown: Sad to hear about what happened fam.
:pimp: Your daughter is a tough cookie though from what I've read throughout this thread. God bless her little soul.

They pulled the vent last night. She is awake and talking now. She's all there I think. She was explaining the Disney characters to me on one of her balloons last night. Her throat is killing her but that will get better. She's going through withdrawal now so that sucks but they are doing their best. Next step is getting her eating and pulling the feeding tube.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Maan this is refreshing to hear, w/ a week full of tragedies and bad news, i'm glad your lil girl is doing to be fine. Wish her a speedy recovery!

eventually the doctor said "can you put your thumb up?" she shook her head no if you know her you would know that's a good thing, she wont do anything she doesn't want to do, she's stubborn. so we're all happy since we know she still has her personality. then the doctor says "do you want the tubes out of your throat?" she shook her head to say yes. the doctor says "then you gotta do a thumbs up" she immediately does it and that was all they had to see. so all in all a good day.
tumblr_mdxeuq7ui31qj8u1do1_500.png

Real tears.

god bless. my prayers are with you and your daughter. hope see makes a fast recovery. be strong.

Knicks718, sorry to hear about your pops. My uncle had the same cancer he's ok but little spots keep popping up.

Lulz@ Harlem

Thanks guys. I left this morning and she was asleep. I'm on my way back now. My mom said she won't stop talking about me so I'm pretty excited to see what she's saying. Oh yeah she remembered my boy "candybar "last night when she saw him too so that was pretty funny. He always gives her candybars that's how she gave him the name when she was like 2.

Probably my last update. She's leaving the icu tomorrow. She's back to her regular self now. They are stooping all the drugs tonight. And she's eating again. She started walking today too with some help. Everything is looking good and hopefully she'll be out by Thursday.

Thanks for all the support.

Probably my last update. She's leaving the icu tomorrow. She's back to her regular self now. They are stooping all the drugs tonight. And she's eating again. She started walking today too with some help. Everything is looking good and hopefully she'll be out by Thursday.
Thanks for all the support.

This is my first time seeing this thread, and I'm glad the post I am quoting is yours.

Really happy to read your daughter is on her way home and to a full recovery! With all that has gone on, having her home for the holidays is the best feeling imaginable.

Back
Top Bottom