Pokemon Go (ios and android) - TEAM ROCKET

If I trade because I can't find said Pokemon then how am I gonna evolve it?

Again this isn't a new phenomenon here. In the pokemon games there were entire evolutionary lines of pokemon that were specific to the version of the game you're playing. So the only way to get access to those pokemon is to trade. You want to fill out an evolutionary line trade to get each form. You want a super strong Charizard but charmander isn't available in your game? Trade something that's readily available to you but might be to someone else. Or trade a high level cp Pokemon for it. I think people are making more out it than it actually is.

it might seem a lot when u initially look at it.

It is pretty much following some instructions on python, github, and installing some other tools.

If you can follow iphone jailbreak instructions you can do it. There's ton of help on reddit.

If i lived somewhere in the burbs then i probably would of installed this already.

Straight up trading is not good for this game

it will make the game pay to win and it will incentivize cheaters

pokemons being traded should lose a big portion of their cps

I don't follow how it incentivizes cheating. Cheaters can and will capture all the Pokemon they want by spoofing their locations. Especially with tools like pokevision out there. why would they need to trade for something they can get themselves in game?

2 5k eggs that popped at the same time.

Ekans cp200
Tayros cp79

I'm down with ekans since i didn't have him but that tauros was such a let down (caught a cp780 right before the egg hatched too smh)

I don't follow how it incentivizes cheating. Cheaters can and will capture all the Pokemon they want by spoofing their locations. Especially with tools like pokevision out there. why would they need to trade for something they can get themselves in game?
You'd be surprised brah

if you ever played an online rpg you would know things will get out of hand with the botting and selling for real money

if you ever played an online rpg you would know things will get out of hand with the botting and selling for real money

But there's no competitive aspect to this game. No rankings, no tournaments, no nothing. Simply allowing people to trade pokemon isnt going to tip the scales because there's no scales to tip. Both parties give something up when trading. Even cheaters have to catch the Pokemon first in order to trade it.

And even if there are actually people buying pokemon out there, how does that change the personal in game experience of everyone else?

Could just get a dummy account and spoof to a location with rare OP pokemon Spawns catch em and send them over to your other account

nerd.gif

But is that Soft ban worth a team of Dragonites and Lapras?

Could just get a dummy account and spoof to a location with rare OP pokemon Spawns catch em and send them over to your other account

:nerd:
But is that Soft ban worth a team of Dragonites and Lapras?

But even then there's zero guarantee that the Pokemon no matter how rare it is will be worth anything in CP, attacks, and HP. Still gotta get stardust and candies to train and level them up.

But there's no competitive aspect to this game. No rankings, no tournaments, no nothing. Simply allowing people to trade pokemon isnt going to tip the scales because there's no scales to tip. Both parties give something up when trading. Even cheaters have to catch the Pokemon first in order to trade it.

There is indirect competition. And there are 2 goals in this game. one is to catch them all and the other is to have the strongest pokemons.
You make it sound like cheaters have no advantage in the game.

And I am talking strictly about business. As long as people are willing to pay real money for rare and/or strong pokemons people will cheat and try to sell them.
It will ruin the integrity of the game.
I am all for trading but not straight up trading.

There needs to be some sort of restriction, a minimum level requirement, a sacrifice of CP when pokemons are being traded.

Went to a picachu nest earlier, only caught 3. Hit level 20 and proceeded to blow almost all my ultra balls on a mediorce arbok.

I don't care about PvP until they give us a real battle system..this tap tap hold ain't the business if you want something competitive

There is indirect competition. And there are 2 goals in this game. one is to catch them all and the other is to have the strongest pokemons.

And I am talking strictly about business. As long as people are willing to pay real money for rare and/or strong pokemons people will cheat and try to sell them.

There needs to be some sort of restriction, a minimum level requirement, a sacrifice of CP when pokemons are being traded.

I guess I just don't see how what someone else does in their game impacts what I do in mine. I'm all for CP matching if that helps others feel better about it but as someone who's played the handheld games every generation, and played through the introduction of the GTS (global trade system), wonder trade, and the different ways they've made it easier to trade with people all over the world, I don't see why restrictions even matter. Indirect competition doesn't affect the individual players in game experience. As of right now the only advantage im aware of is the fact that cheaters can spoof their locations to have better access to catching rare pokemon. But like people have been sharing in this thread, there are tons of rare pokemon to be found that have garbage stats, and there's nothing a cheater can do to fix a pokemon with garbage stats aside from raising its level or catching a new one. And softbans and permabans even make that more difficult. Unless dudes have found a way to cheat stardust and candies.

If trading becomes a thing the Pokemon being traded should be in the same range in terms of CP and/or rarity

No CP 10 Caterpies for CP 1500 Drogonites Jug and Finesse action going on b

Last edited:

I guess I just don't see how what someone else does in their game impacts what I do in mine. I'm all for CP matching if that helps others feel better about it but as someone who's played the handheld games every generation, and played through the introduction of the GTS (global trade system), wonder trade, and the different ways they've made it easier to trade with people all over the world, I don't see why restrictions even matter. Indirect competition doesn't affect the individual players in game experience. As of right now the only advantage im aware of is the fact that cheaters can spoof their locations to have better access to catching rare pokemon. But like people have been sharing in this thread, there are tons of rare pokemon to be found that have garbage stats, and there's nothing a cheater can do to fix a pokemon with garbage stats aside from raising its level or catching a new one. And softbans and permabans even make that more difficult. Unless dudes have found a way to cheat stardust and candies.

So who will feel worse catching a rare garbage cp pokemon?
The person who plays the game and has to physically move around or the person who can teleport to the next rare spawn at will?

I dont understand the argument you are making

what is this blasphemy? ive caught higher level squirtles.... and i caught him with a regular pokeball. didnt even need a great or ultra. hit him wit the curve. so weaksauce....

4 greatballs and razzberries later. wandering around the white house and this pops up outta nowhere with "???" CP.

my 1st 3rd evolution pokemon in this game. most likely just going to level it all the way up.

Back
Top Bottom