Pokemon Go (ios and android) - TEAM ROCKET

Damn lvl 35!?! Thats goin to be a long time for me :smh: just got to 30 and that was a grind :x

Few notes.  Max coin rewards happen between 10-100 hours so you don't want them in gyms for much longer than 4/5 days.  Lapras is Queen of the Castle once more.  DO NOT power up your mons over 3k.  They depreciate at an alarming rate when you do.  My 2900 lax is going down at 1% whereas my 3k lax are going down by 10%.  Also only sponsored pokestops so sprint or starbucks have been reported for raids early on.  Raids now available for 31 and up.  That is all.

Last edited:

Few notes.  Max coin rewards happen between 10-100 hours so you don't want them in gyms for much longer than 4/5 days.  Lapras is Queen of the Castle once more.  DO NOT power up your mons over 3k.  They depreciate at an alarming rate when you do.  My 2900 lax is going down at 1% whereas my 3k lax are going down by 10%.  Also only sponsored pokestops so sprint or starbucks have been reported for raids early on.  Raids now available for 31 and up.  That is all.
How is Lapras Queen of the Castle once more? Did they adjust stats again?

Very interesting about motivation depreciation rates. Can you see their CP change from your dex, or do you have to actually be within range of the gym to see it change?

I'm currently 172,484 XP away from level 31... 

Just got my raid pass as well. Lvl 32

Game is laggy af, hope they can fix this.

How is Lapras Queen of the Castle once more? Did they adjust stats again?

Very interesting about motivation depreciation rates. Can you see their CP change from your dex, or do you have to actually be within range of the gym to see it change?

I'm currently 172,484 XP away from level 31... 
Lapras is good again because all mons over 3000 are now terrible given how fast they lose motivation.  It's a 10x faster depreciation.  Tanky Pokemon are once again the most ideal defenders so Lapras jumps right back into her rightful spot in the top 4 pokemon you can place in a gym.  If you have high iv mons and candy make sure not to power them up over 3k unless you're making attackers to take on these oversized raid bosses.  Snorlax was a monster to deal with.  I was with four high lever trainers and he rolled us bad.  A fifth trainer pulled up and we took him down in the rematch but only with 5 seconds remaining on the shot clock.  Tyranitar on the other hand can easily be taken down by 3 trainers using strong water pokemon.  Yet to face a lapras or chansey, but would imagine they''d fall in between those two.  Also I'm pretty sure they dropped the level requirement so you should be good to raid tomorrow.  Good luck out there.

Oh, last thing.  The four faced yellow eggs (most rare aside from 5 faced legendaries) all seemed to spawn around the same time.  It was probably a 2 1/2 hour window during the evening, but before it got too late.  Did everyone here experience a similar phenomenon?  It was shortly after eggs stopped only appearing from sponsored pokemon gym locations. 

Has it beem confirmed that its because theyre over 3k?

I have noticed some mons having their motivtion go down faster than others but not sure if its because of cp..

So i had a raid near me...4 face difficutly thing...went there and spent 15 mins tryna battle this rhydon...everytime the battle would start i would get an error message and get kicked out :smh:

Magikarp cp 1125 in a raid close by lol

I'll have to try it out raiding when i hace a minute

Just failed to catch a bayleaf with my first raid cuz I didn't realize that you could use the golden raspberries. But then immediately jumped into another raid and caught a Muk 
glasses.gif

Got some questions for ya'll. I haven't battled yet so...

1) Is the battling aspect better?
2) Is it more fun?
3) Does CP not matter anymore?
4) Who are the best at the gyms?

Thanks!

1. Actual battle system hasnt changed

2. Ive been enjoying it more

3. CP never really "mattered", but yeah cp no longer governs the gym order so ive already started seeing more gym diversity

4. Their have been changes to damage calculations for STAB, super effective moves and not very effective moves. Immunitys have also been introduced. Although no one has done all the math yet to show us what has changed.

Ive been using my steelix alot since he has super high defense stat and steel types have always been really good defense wise cause they resist alot of stuff. It should benefit even more now with the changes

I also look at whats already in the gym and pick something that compliments the others. Like if theirs alot of pokemon that are weak to water, ill throw in an electric pokemon

Last edited:
a couple of thoughts from yesterday:

so i received 3 mons back yesterday after 36 hours in gyms. reward? 50 coins total. not sure im liking this system. so is it true about a cap of 50 coins/day?

attacking a rival gym is a little more work now. everytime you defeat a mon, its motivation and CP goes down. BUT they stay until their CP and motivation are 0. even if there is only 1 mon in that gym. not like it used to be.

was at a state park all day and noticed many raids. but was not able to participate in any.... hey i was busy with other stuff. but the eggs were red. one i saw with a 5k CP quilava and for some reason has like a clown logo on the gym.

so now im not sure how i'll be leaving mons in gyms since its a 50 coin max per day.

Just did my first raid.

snorlax 25k

we were a couple first, we were getting crush because of the time limit

then we were 5, almost killed him.

another guy joined and at 6 people, we were able to easily beat it (had like 30ish seconds left)

got a bunch of revives (like 24), 1 charge item, 2 rare candies and 3 rare razz berries.

caught the snorlax (18xx CP) with one ball and 1 rare razz berries

Just did my first raid.

snorlax 25k

we were a couple first, we were getting crush because of the time limit

then we were 5, almost killed him.

another guy joined and at 6 people, we were able to easily beat it (had like 30ish seconds left)

got a bunch of revives (like 24), 1 charge item, 2 rare candies and 3 rare razz berries.

caught the snorlax (18xx CP) with one ball and 1 rare razz berries
So...Essentially, the pokemon with the high CP is the one you're fighting and trying to catch?

Is it only one successor in catching it, or do all participants catch it?

So...Essentially, the pokemon with the high CP is the one you're fighting and trying to catch?

Is it only one successor in catching it, or do all participants catch it?

Yes, if you beat the pokemon, that's the monster you get the chance to catch.

everybody that was in the successful raid get a chance to catch it.

and the pokemon stays for the whole time. We took it out at the beginning but another group could've raided again and have a chance to catch it.

I could not join another Raid because i had a suceesful one.

Last edited:
2nd raid and it was a 35k tyranitar. First with 2 people and we couldn't even get it under half of it's life. Glad you don't have to use the pass again if you don't win the raid.
I waited a bit and the next time there were like 10 people and we took it down pretty easily.

^when your mon's motivation gets depleted he will return to you along with all the coins he collected. No more collecting coins everyday.

Goddamn game has been ******* toying with me since Raid battles have been released. Had a chance to do 2 of them so far, and both times I got shafted with how the game decided to arbitrarily group me with no one while other people there at the exact same time were able to battle together and win... meanwhile I'm over here getting slaughtered by myself... 
mad.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom