Police Brutality Discussion & Solutions...

Imagine for a second if you will, a world where the "police" were to abide by 2 duties, to protect the innocent and to serve those who requested aid. At any point in time are they to enforce anything outside of those duties it's then fair game for "citizens" to protect themselves against police by any means necessary including lethal force without prosecution.

Cops are blind order followers with badges and itchy trigger fingers. They also let fear dictate most of their actions

Last edited:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/26/justice/oklahoma-arrest-death-video/index.html

[h1]Oklahoma father dies in police encounter after mother slaps daughter[/h1]

By Ben Brumfield and Melanie Whitley, CNN
updated 6:39 AM EST, Wed February 26, 2014

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://kfor.com/2014/02/25/graphic-raw-video-of-arrest-released-after-man-dies-in-moore-police-custody/[/URL]"]
(CNN) -- It was supposed to be a fun family outing to the movies, but then Nair Rodriguez' 19-year-old daughter got under her skin. They fought, she said, and she slapped her daughter.

Moments later, police arrived on a domestic dispute call at the Moore, Oklahoma, theater and confronted -- not Nair Rodriguez -- but her husband Luis. They took him down, and after the encounter on February 15, he was dead.

Cell phone video taken by his wife and released this week shows the final minutes of the takedown.

Nair Rodriguez accuses officers of brutality. Police say they were following protocol and used no undue force.

Argument, upset
The mother-daughter spat upset the mother so badly that she bolted for the family car. Her husband Luis followed her to calm her down, family attorney Michael Brooks-Jimenez told reporters.

That's when a group of police and theater security officers turned up, he said.

What happened next is disputed.

His wife has said officers beat Luis Rodriguez, CNN affiliate KFOR reported. But Moore Police Chief Jerry Stillings calls the actions of his officers "reasonable."

He would not go in to much detail and said an investigation is underway. But he mentioned that police used pepper spray, CNN affiliate KOCO reported.

Luis Rodriguez ended up on the ground with five men pinning him down, and wife Nair pulled out a cell phone.

Her fearful cries fill the recording.

"Luis! Luis!" she calls out frantically. Her husband does not respond, does not appear to move.

She calls to the officers to assure her that he is alright.

"Please somebody tell me that he is alive," she implores. "He is not moving."

The officers appear calm. One tells her that he will talk to her, once they are finished securing her husband.

Then one walks over to the camera. He tells her that police have called in a medical unit to check on her husband.

It wasn't him
The officer says police received a call about domestic violence before confronting her husband.

It wasn't him, Nair Rodriguez tells him. "I hit my daughter," she says. She wants to know why they have pinned down her husband.

"He refused to give his ID," the officer said. "He got combative."

She notices blood on the officer. "Is he bleeding?" She demands to know.

"I'm bleeding; that's me," the officer says.

An ambulance can be seen in the background, and Luis Rodriguez is lifted onto a stretcher.

The video ends shortly afterward.

Cause of death
An autopsy may reveal more about why Luis Rodriguez died, and surveillance camera footage of the encounter in the movie theater parking lot may reveal what happened before his wife pulled out her cell phone camera.

What police describe as normal procedure, lawyer Brooks-Jimenez describes it as something brutal and possibly deadly.

Pepper spray to the face and the weight of five men on top of him.

CNN has reached out to Brooks-Jimenez for further comment and has placed calls to the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation.

[/quote] :smh:
make this the cop unappreciation thread
OP change the title of the thread

mean.gif

make this the cop unappreciation thread
OP change the title of the thread
I actually had a police give me on a written warning for doing 45 in a 30 on Sunday. First positive encounter I've had with police in a bit.

I actually had a police give me on a written warning for doing 45 in a 30 on Sunday. First positive encounter I've had with police in a bit.

Question, in your opinion was your driving 15 over the limit a danger to yourself, other drivers or pedestrians at the time?

In an ideal world the simple concept of with great power comes great responsibility would be applied to law enforcement.

They should be held to higher standards of conduct, then your regular everyday citizen. If these officers started getting fired and charges successfully pressed against them as opposed to desk work until the angry protests boil over then more would think twice because they would know that there would be some type of accountability for their actions. They think and in a sense correctly so on their part that their untouchable and can get away with anything and its sickening.

I've heard stories of military members getting discharged for getting into a fight with a civilian even if the civilian initiated the conflict and for other things. Sucks the same doesn't apply to law enforcement.

When a guy like Christopher Dorner is seen as a sympathetic figure to many law abiding people who knew some of the stuff he did was wrong but understood his frustration with the police that's a reflection on the many problems and horrible track record law enforcement in our country has.

with everyone now having the ability to video tape, take pics, tweet, and monitor police, we finally have the means to police the police. Greater transparency should encouraged and the cops must know that they are being watched and that they will face consequences if they exceed their authority.

a) unilateral monitoring = police state
b) two-way monitoring = a self checking system

id go for option b

Cops like these just make my career choice harder. Like ive said before, every individual, family, etc. i meet will be treated with respect. They shouldnt be afraid, but instead protected.

Question, in your opinion was your driving 15 over the limit a danger to yourself, other drivers or pedestrians at the time?
Not at all. I was in the sticks. I'm thinking he let me off because it was close to 4 o'clock and he was getting ready to punch out.

Cops like these just make my career choice harder. Like ive said before, every individual, family, etc. i meet will be treated with respect. They shouldnt be afraid, but instead protected.

Lemme guess u wanna be a cop? Why? U seem like a good dude from what u said there but your wasting your life to be a part of a huge gang that shouldn't be in existence to begin with. You saying ppl shouldn't be afraid of u? Well guess what regardless they will be afraid when they see you and rightfully so. Not to mention the majority of citizens will hate you and rightfully so.

Please do me a favor bro look up natural law and the non aggression principle as well as the self defense principle and mull that over. It shouldn't take more than 5 to 10 mins.

Cops are NOT there to protect people, they're there to blindly enforce authority. Idc if u are a "good cop" you're answering to the devil at the end of the day. As somebody mentioned cops have quotas which means if u don't harass a certain amount of the people who pay taxes UNDER DURESS in order for u to have a paycheck then u get no bonus. So they basically put a fire under your *** to get u on people's neck. What if the crime rate is low that month? U still gotta meet the quota meaning ticketing ppl for VICTIMLESS CRIMES taking money right out their pocket. There's no upside to this unless u have no moral values or principles.

Check this video out

@azyee

I wouldn't call that a positive experience. You were just ****** with for no reason. Your time was wasted and I'm sure u were upset about being pulled over.

Last edited:
The authority principle describes the behavior of people who live under the rule of law. The authority principle shows that people obey anything and anyone that they believe is an authority. Though the who, the why and the what have changed in history, the behavior of people is the same; they obey.
When people are taught that obedience is principle, they obey. When they are taught that the source of worth and knowledge is found in another person, rather than in themselves, they obey. This is the rule of law, and it teaches people that their will is subjective to the will of law and those who control the law.
Examples of authorities are governments, bullies, mafias, thieves and kings. People obey authority in their lives either out of fear of violence, or because culture conditions them to accept obedience as proper and good. Authorities always use both tools. The most successful authorities do not have to use violence as often because of the strength of their cultures. Both culture and violence enforce authority.

Example
Take a look at a generic historical example of the pattern of tyranny. A rouge thug gathers together a band of men to extort money from the people nearby where he lives. In his success, he plunders massive amounts of money and grows his gang into an army. He successfully kills the previous officers of law and enforcement, or subverts them through stealth. Knowing that he can plunder more value in the long term if he leaves his victims alive, he implements a “tax” upon everyone in his range of influence. He draws borders, he gives decrees. Importantly, he promises his victims that he will protect them from all other thugs. His victims slowly become accustomed to his will, and his lies. The people become afraid if they hear their neighbors talk of escaping the taxes and cruelty. Soon they actively support the regime by targeting all 'treasonous' speech, and turning in deviants to police. Originally called criminal, the thug is now called authority. He is called law and order.
View media item 828938

Last edited:
Resurrect.gif

Im honestly starting to think they're testing to see how far we can be pushed until we snap. Like what the actual f_?

strong guy resisting arrest... takes four people just to get him cuffed. officers are justified
He lost his life that day. Not justifiable
he lost his life because he was resisting and his body couldn't handle the force it took to subdue him... unintentional obviously... the cop just wanted him to put his hands behind his back in the beginning.

If you not healthy enough to resist arrest... don't resist arrest

I'll go ahead and say it, a majority of people who get roughed up by the police deserved it or did something to provoke it. You resist arrest, you bait cops into confrontations, you make them chase you, you're going to get ur @## kicked. Don't act surprised when you do.

There are bad apples in every profession, I'll take cops over no cops in my neighborhood any day. The condo I live in a whole precinct comes to have burritos for breakfast every day, I thought cops only liked donuts. :lol:

Don't say that around here. People here think it's ok to resist arrest, run from the cops, bait cops. The minute a cop does something they're the devil, but quickly ignore what the other person just did to cause the incident to escalate.

Or if cops shoot somebody it's supposed to be on the pinky or index finger or graze their calf. That's what they go to training for right? To be sharp shooters?

he lost his life because he was resisting and his body couldn't handle the force it took to subdue him... unintentional obviously... the cop just wanted him to put his hands behind his back in the beginning.

If you not healthy enough to resist arrest... don't resist arrest
Matangi tai was incompetent and had mental issues as well. He refused compliance, not arrest. An officer should find other avenues of communication besides making 1st physical contact. You wanna keep me sane officer? Then talk to me, don't ******* touch me..

Don't say that around here. People here think it's ok to resist arrest, run from the cops, bait cops. The minute a cop does something they're the devil, but quickly ignore what the other person just did to cause the incident to escalate.

Or if cops shoot somebody it's supposed to be on the pinky or index finger or graze their calf. That's what they go to training for right? To be sharp shooters?
those are criminals who do that. what this thread is about is law abiding citizens who get brutally attacked by police because they think they can do whatever they please since they have a nifty lil badge. cops abuse their power, ive had a cop attempt to arrest me because i exercised my rights, he got pissed off by it and tried to use his loud voice along with fake threats of arrest to intimidate me. lil did he know two of my cuzns are lawyers and im pretty versed in laws and rights.

its not ok to run or resist but its not ok for them to abuse thier power. 

The worst is when you're driving around during Sweeps n they got like 6-7 black n whites roaming around caravan style. Just sneezing wrong gets you stopped n then you're hoping that cop has already filled his quota kuz if not, you're getting your **** searched, impounded, n you going to jail. Even if charges don't stick, you still have to waste a day in court n if the cop shows up, you have to plead your case to a judge that don't give a **** about you, whether you're right or not. I've been ****d over by the system for so long, I don't trust cops, DAs, or judges. **** 'em all. Pulling me over for some BS reason just to see if I'm breaking the law, **** the police!

/rant

I hope those cops get their a's kicked all types of ways in jail especially Trinidad. Dudes took a oath to uphold the law and they're out here doing ish like this, smh..
The police are gettiing more and more out of control and the majority don't even realize because they don't fit the description.

Last edited:
Having mental issues is the very reason why cops need to physically get control of the situation. Everybody wants to advocate "talking it out" until the cop or a bystander becomes a victim. Being crazy or incompetent does not preclude the use of physical force if necessary. It's not the cop's job to keep anyone "sane", that can be arranged in court after the arrest has been made.
It is a cops job to keep the community safe. Many of the clips in this thread show individuals that are causing NO harm to others or themselves. Just cops getting butt hurt over people and their non compliance. And by the way, sane equates towards being healthy and safe. Protect and serve right??

An all white jury found that 3 white policemen didn't use excessive force when wrongfully arresting a black teen 4 years ago. They found them guilty of wrongful though. Kids face looked like Martin's in the boxing episode

Back
Top Bottom