Post your Barber Clippers/Liners: Barber Tools Discussion/Questions

do the speed master 2 get hot? ive been reading and people say that the masters get hot fast and are heavy
so out of the 3 which would yall recommend? light, doesnt get hot fast, cuts good..
wahl 5 star senior
speed master 2
oster fast feed
am i missing anything

Every barber has their preference, I suggest going on YouTube and look up cakenisrandy, he uses about three clippers for a haircut lol. Oster 76, Fast Lines, and Fade Masters. If heating is the issue and ur just doing it as a hobby the SpeedMaster 2 is good, as it has a ceramic blade. Just have some Andis Cool Care spray on hand and that'll cool the blade down instantly.

For all my bald brothers....

41p46YdW0LL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This is good for a really close shave for my black dudes/dudes with sensitive skin.
thats all i use. A1 status.

are those detailers better than the t-outliner?

i cannot get the blade perfect on my t-outliner and i got that $20 like tool to try and fix it too. It cuts but not sharp, blade is pretty new too.

I think I'm going to pick up that burgundy Wahl shaver that ninjahood quoted last page.

I've been meaning to pick it up for a while now, but never got around to it.

Kind of pricey though and I mostly shave my throat area with my Gillete razor.

I'll see how things are.

View media item 362918
What I'm working with:

-Wahl Chrome Pro (logo faded away :lol:)
-Wahl Trimmers....forgot the name

I swear to you guys I came up on a pair of T-Outliners for the free today! Got those suckers home, cleaned them and realized they didn't work. There's a split in one of the cords that leads to the motor. Got the dude who gave me to me to repair them as we speak.... They also need new blades but the ones that are on there will hold up a bit more. I can't wait!

View media item 362918
What I'm working with:

-Wahl Chrome Pro (logo faded away :lol:)
-Wahl Trimmers....forgot the name

I swear to you guys I came up on a pair of T-Outliners for the free today! Got those suckers home, cleaned them and realized they didn't work. There's a split in one of the cords that leads to the motor. Got the dude who gave me to me to repair them as we speak.... They also need new blades but the ones that are on there will hold up a bit more. I can't wait!

If you need new blades get promates asap...... so worth 15 bucks

do the speed master 2 get hot? ive been reading and people say that the masters get hot fast and are heavy
so out of the 3 which would yall recommend? light, doesnt get hot fast, cuts good..
wahl 5 star senior
speed master 2
oster fast feed
am i missing anything

As an owner of the Speed Master II, I would not recommend them. They cut like crap compared to all the others. I only use them to trim my pubes now :lol:. They are too expensive for a mid-level clipper, and top-level Wahl clippers like the Magic Clip or Super Taper II can be purchased for the same price. The Oster Fast Feed is a great clipper as well.

As for heating problems, my Wahl 5 Star Senior runs cool for a long time. When it gets hot, I just spray Wahl Blade Ice on it and it gets cool again. I would recommend Wahl Blade Ice over the Andis Cool Care spray because Cool Care uses a disinfecting chemical in it that is a known carcinogen. Eff that ish.

wahl 5 star senior
speed master 2
oster fast feed
am i missing anything

As an owner of the Speed Master II, I would not recommend them. They cut like crap compared to all the others. I only use them to trim my pubes now :lol:. They are too expensive for a mid-level clipper, and top-level Wahl clippers like the Magic Clip or Super Taper II can be purchased for the same price. The Oster Fast Feed is a great clipper as well.

As for heating problems, my Wahl 5 Star Senior runs cool for a long time. When it gets hot, I just spray Wahl Blade Ice on it and it gets cool again. I would recommend Wahl Blade Ice over the Andis Cool Care spray because Cool Care uses a disinfecting chemical in it that is a known carcinogen. Eff that ish.
:lol: i need to retire these old clippers and use them on my pupes also... would you recommend the wahl 5 star senior or the oster fast feed?.. what would you use to disinfect it then that will still keep the blade in good shape?

hey hump.. about that burgundy Wahl shaver... its good to shave your head with? like a MJ bald? i got a homie that is mad sensitive about his hairline and is hella lazy to shave his head all the time... i checking if that could be the answer...

Last edited:
Received my Detailers from Amazon today, and they cut really sharp...to the point where it hurts a bit. I'm thinking of sending it back, but will the Andis T-Outliners be the same way?

From my experience the andis t outliners don't hurt my skin, I've never heard complaints about them.

Can someone reccommend some good clippers for me, the ones I have are cheap and do not cut my hair well. I'm hearing that Andis is the way to go?

PLS RESPOND

Antidope sent me a PM asking advice, and I figured it would be helpful to post my response here:

Thanks man. I don't really think it's that good, but you know how that goes... We're always our own toughest critics.

I started off just doing even all over cuts and listening to my barbers when they would mention anything about doing a good cut. Know exactly how you want your hair to look before you start and work towards it, but don't fret if it doesn't turn out exactly how you visioned. That comes with time. I always wash my hair first, let it dry and cut it with the grain and no products in it besides maybe spritz on the line if it makes it easier for you to get a cleaner line. Use a comb to comb with the grain as you cut with the grain. It gets all the stragglers that you might miss if you just run the clippers.

It all develops with time and patience. Patience is a pretty important step. I mean, it's YOUR haircut, so you don't want to rush or get impatient and mess it up. Keep your hands steady and use your eyes. Get a hand mirror for cutting the back of your head, and if it's confusing to you, practice using a comb or something first before you use the clippers.

Also, don't sweat and definitely don't try to overcompensate on cleaning up a mistake. You never want to push your hairline past your natural line. It's ain't pretty.

Take some time to study your head. Learn your hair growth patterns. Your hair doesn't grow in one direction all around your head. For example, my hair grown down towards my chin on my right side, towards my face on the top and left side, and down towards my neck on the back. This is important when it comes to brushing, combing and cutting so that you're not going against your grain.

There are some helpful YouTube videos as well. Just do some keyword searches.

Finally, just do it. You wont get better if you never start. I figure it would be a good idea to go ahead and post this in the thread since it may be helpful to everyone else.

Good luck bro, and post your results if you decide to give it a shot.

Last edited:
Anyone have asian hair? Lately its been really hard to line up my hair... doesnt really look like its cutting it

Guys I use the Andis T-Outliner to line up my beard, but my beard grows in fast and I like to keep i at 1inch optimally.

What is the best clipper to get the job done? I don't like the cheap beard trimmers they sell at stores, I need something my barber would use. Since I keep my beard at 1inch length I'll probably need clipper guards right?

Back
Top Bottom