Post your Barber Clippers/Liners: Barber Tools Discussion/Questions

Not sure if this belongs in here, but what electric shavers would yall suggest? I'm looking at the Wahl 8061 5 star shavers. Thoughts?

Bros... Just gave myself a temp fade for the first time and.........

tumblr_mbcr02ZTTf1ripuzno1_400.gif

Feelin like a hunna trillion :pimp:

Hey_

I just picked up the Wahl Magic Clip.

That puts my tools at:

Andis Superliner
Wahl Magic Clip

Does any one know of any good tutorial videos for brothas that want to cut their own hair?

On another note, what is every one using to put on your face after a cut? (This Pinaud Clubman burns a bit...)

And did you dilute it?

Julius F. Wrek

good thread. plan on copping some clippers soon. these all in one ****s i always get so trash

Hey_

I just picked up the Wahl Magic Clip.

That puts my tools at:

Andis Superliner
Wahl Magic Clip

Does any one know of any good tutorial videos for brothas that want to cut their own hair?

On another note, what is every one using to put on your face after a cut? (This Pinaud Clubman burns a bit...)

And did you dilute it?

Julius F. Wrek
Good Setup you got there.  My Andis Masters(Original, not the Improved joints) got dropped (for like the 90th time) and finally went wonky on me so I copped the new Wahl Icon.  Im now at Wahl Icon, Superliner(which are a pain in the a** to adjust), and the Wahl Detailers.

As far as tutorial vids, just browse youtube and find videos with self barbers that are closer to your hair type and the type of cut you want.  Ive watched hours and hours of videos gathering tips from here and there before I really started cutting.  There are countless good tutorial vids out there so its hard to recommend just one.

As far as what to put on my face, I just use normal rubbing alcohol 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Any tips on dulling down blades? I just got the wahl detailers and they're virtually useless now because of how sharp they are. I've heard that you can dull the blades down by balding with them but I only cut my hair which is just a temp fade. :\ Is there any other way?

Any tips on dulling down blades? I just got the wahl detailers and they're virtually useless now because of how sharp they are. I've heard that you can dull the blades down by balding with them but I only cut my hair which is just a temp fade.
ohwell.gif
Is there any other way?
Look up videos on how to adjust the blades.  Your blades are probably over adjusted, past zero-gap.  This will cause the blades to cut you and irritate your skin.  Also, the Detailers shouldve come with a blade setter tool that will set the blades perfectly for you.  Make use of it.

another question.. how in the hell do i deal with razor bumps on the back of my head/neck?

im def looking at the bgrc... im tired of going through crap hair clippers... is it worth the price? i cut my hair, my son, and some homey's..

im def looking at the bgrc... im tired of going through crap hair clippers... is it worth the price? i cut my hair, my son, and some homey's..

You really don't need rotary clippers unless you're a barber and go through a ton of haircuts a day. You'll be good with some fading clippers like Wahl 5-Star Senior, Oster Fast Feed, or Andis Master if you wanna get fancy.

What's the difference between these two?
8290 Wahl Detailers
Amazon product ASIN B000KEOODU
and

8081 Wahl Detailers
Amazon product ASIN B000H7O5M0

The red one is the newer version, but doesn't come with the T-Wide Blade. The rivets for the screws of the blade are metal and therefore more sturdy. Comes with a tool to zero the blade.

-Black one is the older model with, T-Wide blade. Rivets for the blade are plastic so they're more prone to breaking.

To the people with Wahl 5 star heros, are the blades that come with them decent or do they need to be replaced out the box? If so what are some good blades? Also are the 5 star detailers any better than these? They're only 6 bucks more than the heros.

Last edited:
To the people with Wahl 5 star heros, are the blades that come with them decent or do they need to be replaced out the box? If so what are some good blades? Also are the 5 star detailers any better than these? They're only 6 bucks more than the heros.

Just get the Detailers sharp as hell right out the box. They are on the same level has the Andis T Liner. Love the small body too.

Cool thanks. They don't get hot like the andis do they? Because I have those and hate how hot they get. And what's better, the 5 star seniors or 5 star magic? I think I like the magic better but I can't find them on Amazon.

Last edited:
What's the difference between these two?
8290 Wahl Detailers
Amazon product ASIN B000KEOODU
and

8081 Wahl Detailers
Amazon product ASIN B000H7O5M0

The red one is the newer version, but doesn't come with the T-Wide Blade. The rivets for the screws of the blade are metal and therefore more sturdy. Comes with a tool to zero the blade.

-Black one is the older model with, T-Wide blade. Rivets for the blade are plastic so they're more prone to breaking.

For sure! Thanks for the response. I've got another question, i'm starting to cut my own hair, but not sure what liners to buy. What do you recommend, the Wahl Detailers (red) or the Andis T-Outliner?

Cool thanks. They don't get hot like the andis do they? Because I have those and hate how hot they get. And what's better, the 5 star seniors or 5 star magic? I think I like the magic better but I can't find them on Amazon.

I researched back and forth between the Andis T-Liners and the Wahl Detailers. A lot of OG barbers are bias because Andis T-Liner's have been around since the 90's and that's all they know, but the Detailers get a lot of rave reviews. From reviews the Detailers stay cool longer than the T-Liner. As far as the the 5 Star Line of clippers I'm not familiar with them, I just cut my brothers hair, so the Andis Speedmaster was good enough for my needs, copped off Amazon for like $40.

AO - Get the Wahl Detailers (Red Version) and just zero gap the blade. It comes with the tool to adjust the blade and 3 guards. I use it if I need to do a bald fade, if you look at the pic of my bro that's what I used to get the sides bald. So it's a versatile piece for hair grooming in general.

but the andis master is $90, i mean why not drop a extra $30 and get the bgrc?

Because with rotary clippers, I'm pretty sure you need to buy all of the blades separately. That can get pricey. The Andis Master is a better all around clipper. Rotary clippers are better for taking down hair if you don't want your fading clippers to run hot.

Honestly, they use the same blade and same motor. It's up to you. You can find the Magic Clip on ebay.

i gotta do more research....
whats the difference between the fade master and the speed master?

Last edited:
I use some 5 star seniors to cut my hair down then I use my fade masters to fade the hair up. This helps keep my clippers cool because if I use only the masters they heat up. Amazon has some of the best prices! And YouTube has a lot of barber tips on how to cut the hair and on which clippers work for them.

do the speed master 2 get hot? ive been reading and people say that the masters get hot fast and are heavy
so out of the 3 which would yall recommend? light, doesnt get hot fast, cuts good..
wahl 5 star senior
speed master 2
oster fast feed
am i missing anything

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom