\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

i just think of the old Typhoons GM use to make

i can only imagine a new Colorado enclosed like the Typhoons with the ATS-V engine in it as the new Typhoon

I would like to see a new 2dr Tahoe/Yukon GT, but GM will wait til after Ford drops the new Bronco, and then be late to the party as usual

^GOAT BMW, GOAT commercial

Finally getting a hang of driving my stick car. Man it have you thinking and worrying about things you've never thought of lol. I haven't drove on the freeway yet kinda scared and hills sucks. But progress takes time just gotta learn how to release the clutch slowly instead of fast.
Highway is the easiest. Just throw it in 5th or 6th and cruise.

Just realized that if they ask for proof of income for financing thru my bank since I'm commission only once I finish my training. I'll see what the banks have to say tomorrow along with the dealership. Insurance would only go up by 100 bucks so if my parents actually pay their part of the insurance, I'll be set.

i just think of the old Typhoons GM use to make

i can only imagine a new Colorado enclosed like the Typhoons with the ATS-V engine in it as the new Typhoon

I would like to see a new 2dr Tahoe/Yukon GT, but GM will wait til after Ford drops the new Bronco, and then be late to the party as usual
I just heard about that a week ago

And that's a solid idea on the Colorado.

Just realized that if they ask for proof of income for financing thru my bank since I'm commission only once I finish my training. I'll see what the banks have to say tomorrow along with the dealership.
Shouldn't be a problem. Im payed on strictly commission as well, when the bank asked for my monthly income i just gave them a rough average, they didn't ask for any proof or pay stubs.

N
Hate hood ornaments on any car. Come at me bros.

Giant grill emblems>>>

Got one for the W140...

Just need to get a oranment delete so I don't have two badges looking all crazy and Haitian... Yeah I said it. I'm from Flatbush, Haitians and over done Benz, go hand and hand

Just realized that if they ask for proof of income for financing thru my bank since I'm commission only once I finish my training. I'll see what the banks have to say tomorrow along with the dealership.
Shouldn't be a problem. Im payed on strictly commission as well, when the bank asked for my monthly income i just gave them a rough average, they didn't ask for any proof or pay stubs.
I just started this job though like sept 29th lol that's why I'm a bit worried. Credit history is A1 though (had a 730 credit score but went down to 685 due to financing my laptop but it's going back up again lol) payments on time too so I hope they trust me

ISNT WORKING COMMISSION ONLY EXTREMELY STRESSFUL? IVE TURNED DOWN A FEW JOBS IN THE PAST BECAUSE OF IT.

ISNT WORKING COMMISSION ONLY EXTREMELY STRESSFUL? IVE TURNED DOWN A FEW JOBS IN THE PAST BECAUSE OF IT.
It was for my fiance, and was a big reason why she ended up switching fields. To each their own though, and I'm sure some commission based jobs are more stable pay wise then others.

Last edited:

I'm in car sales. Flat rate per car with huge incentives per month, the earning potential is crazy compared to my last job. I'm in training right now at 12 an hour but I'm part time (60 hours every two weeks). But my coach at the job said he said he made 7-8k more than what I made at my old job.

How long until 991 GT3's hit under 100k? 996's still hitting around 75k :x

Wait 8-10 years for a decent GT3 for 80k or get a 981 Cayman GTS in 3-5 years for ~40k? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

991 GT3s will never hit $100k or below and in 8-10 years, any "decent" GT3 is still going to be a 6-figure car.

That said, if/when the 991.2 GT3 comes out in a 6-speed, you should see prices of the PDK car tank. My bet is they'll hover around $120k or so.

I hope I'm wrong though--I would kill for a 991 GT3 (or a Turbo S). Next year...

991 GT3s will never hit $100k or below and in 8-10 years, any "decent" GT3 is still going to be a 6-figure car.

That said, if/when the 991.2 GT3 comes out in a 6-speed, you should see prices of the PDK car tank. My bet is they'll hover around $120k or so.

I hope I'm wrong though--I would kill for a 991 GT3 (or a Turbo S). Next year...
I'm in the same boat. I'd love a 991 turbo in the next year. Looking to spend less than 6 figures tho.

Seen this dude on another forum trade his TTS in for a GT4 because it was too "soft" :lol: :smh:

911's are the halo, but Caymans offfer so much performance & feel for the price.

Seen this dude on another forum trade his TTS in for a GT4 because it was too "soft"
laugh.gif
mean.gif

911's are the halo, but Caymans offfer so much performance & feel for the price.
This is why you buy the 997.1 Turbo. Enthusiasts will tell you that it's the last real 911 Turbo.  Doesn't have all of the assists the 991 has, no numb steering feel, still comes in a 6-Speed Manual, and of course it's the last turbo with the Mezger engine.  (997.2 Turbo went to DFI engine and most of those cars are PDK)

There is also roughly ~5,000 Manual 997.1 Turbos built, which is less than the amount of 993 Turbos. 

Watch the 997.1 Turbo surpass the 991 Turbo in price over the next 5 years

Prices are already getting close to $100k for a 30-40k mile 997.1 Turbo in Europe.  Which leads to importation of US cars to Europe, which then leads to U.S prices shooting up.

Last edited:
As for the guy talking about the 991 GT3. I could definitely see those falling below the value of the 997 GT3 soon if Porsche produces enough 991.2 Manual GT3s.  

IF that happens, everyone is going to dump their PDK 991 GT3, only people that will be buying them are the old farts that don't want to shift anymore and the hardcore track people who want to shave every tenth possible off their lap times.

Last edited:
^Good insight Nelson. Aside from the power tho, I think I'd rather the Cayman GTS over a Turbo. I'd have to drive them to be sure, but I feel the overall driving experience is better. But like you said, the lack of driver aids make a huge difference.

^Good insight Nelson. Aside from the power tho, I think I'd rather the Cayman GTS over a Turbo. I'd have to drive them to be sure, but I feel the overall driving experience is better. But like you said, the lack of driver aids make a huge difference.
Nothing wrong with a Cayman GTS.  The higher end Caymans are a blast. I'd say check out the 997 911 GTS as well. That car is incredible.

997 turbo might impress you though. Honestly i expected the steering and driving to be dulled down by the AWD system, but i was wrong. Also expected the car not to have that awesome flat6 screaming sound at WOT like the NA cars, also i was wrong there 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Fam, I think I found the one. Just finished test driving it. A formula red 2002 with 76k for 12.5 but the guy is willing to negotiate. The thing is that they don't finance so I'd have to get a loan. Now how do I go about getting a loan along with being upside down on my car? I was thinking of getting my car appraised, combined with 1500 I can spend on top of the appraisal offer. Then add whatever is left over to the bank loan amount requested (12,419+800 [this is what's left over after say an appraisal offer of 2500 combined with 1500])

Fam, I think I found the one. Just finished test driving it. A formula red 2002 with 76k for 12.5 but the guy is willing to negotiate. The thing is that they don't finance so I'd have to get a loan. Now how do I go about getting a loan along with being upside down on my car? I was thinking of getting my car appraised, combined with 1500 I can spend on top of the appraisal offer. Then add whatever is left over to the bank loan amount requested (12,419+800 [this is what's left over after say an appraisal offer of 2500 combined with 1500])

How much are you upside down on the current loan? Is that the hypothetical $800?

Last edited:
02 with 76k, nice!  Thats a good car man. And price seems very reasonable.

Clean title, no accident history?

How much are you upside down on the current loan? Is that the hypothetical $800?
4800. The 800 comes from an appraisal offer of 2500 combined with 1500 that I'm willing to put "down" on top of that.

Back
Top Bottom