\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

570’s look so much better with a spoiler.
77A1A9A3-8E4F-4156-A55C-66C18FF44DDD.jpeg

how is it? i never owned a Porsche, but was interested in one for my next car.

to be frank, unless you’re Jerry Seinfeld and have owned hundreds of Porsches and will brown nose the salesmen, you are getting treated like a leper who should feel so lucky at the opportunity to sign over your soul to them for a GT car. (Many, not all, dealerships operate like this.)

although my experience with service has been top notch.

This might the broke me talking, but those Speedtails are truly hideous... yet they mesmerizing as hell. If that's the future of cars, then my love for 90's early 2000's cars will never be matched.

A young me wanted a Maxima when this ad came out back in the day :lol:

Word... when I first saw this commercial, and the way they drifted it through the desert had me hyped... then I found out it was FWD killed all that hype lol

Last edited:
to be frank, unless you’re Jerry Seinfeld and have owned hundreds of Porsches and will brown nose the salesmen, you are getting treated like a leper who should feel so lucky at the opportunity to sign over your soul to them for a GT car. (Many, not all, dealerships operate like this.)

Can’t speak for anyone but as a Porsche owner/enthusiast whose on his 5th Porsche, dealers in the sunbelt treat you pretty much the same unless you live life with a blue check next to your name. Whether I’m shopping for a Macan or a GT3 the SA’s treat with respect for the most part.
service is ALWAYS top notch.

there are some SA’s I’ve encountered who have fit the snobby persona but you just ask to deal with someone else.
One dude at lScottsdale Porsche didn’t wanna let me test drive the Taycan’s when the demo unit arrived. “You can only sit in in...”
I accepted and when I put my order in for one at the next Porsche dealer I sent that SA a screenshot showing he lost my business. Dude was fuming....
At the end of the day they need to sell cars. Not everyone is buying a Porsche all the time

Money talks. You want a GT3 slot for order, you ask. Worst they say is no. YMMV

Can’t speak for anyone but as a Porsche owner/enthusiast whose on his 5th Porsche, dealers in the sunbelt treat you pretty much the same unless you live life with a blue check next to your name. Whether I’m shopping for a Macan or a GT3 the SA’s treat with respect for the most part.
service is ALWAYS top notch.

there are some SA’s I’ve encountered who have fit the snobby persona but you just ask to deal with someone else.
One dude at lScottsdale Porsche didn’t wanna let me test drive the Taycan’s when the demo unit arrived. “You can only sit in in...”
I accepted and when I put my order in for one at the next Porsche dealer I sent that SA a screenshot showing he lost my business. Dude was fuming....
At the end of the day they need to sell cars. Not everyone is buying a Porsche all the time

Money talks. You want a GT3 slot for order, you ask. Worst they say is no. YMMV

when I first went on the hunt for a 991.1 GT3 I went to my local dealership and the first salesman told me there was only 300 in the USA and that I couldn’t get one. Asked if my 991.1 Carrera S (my first 911) was purchased from them, to which I replied “no”. And told me I’ll have to buy it second-hand.

but reason why I said “many dealerships” and not all, is surprisingly when my friend picked up his 992 back in august he got 10k off MSRP and a free invite to PECLA on top. Then again, not a GT3 so I don’t really count that.

Ill continue to update as I’m 80% certain I’ll be trying to acquire a 992 GT3 unless the stars align and F8 Tributos are available for 200k

when I first went on the hunt for a 991.1 GT3 I went to my local dealership and the first salesman told me there was only 300 in the USA and that I couldn’t get one. Asked if my 991.1 Carrera S (my first 911) was purchased from them, to which I replied “no”. And told me I’ll have to buy it second-hand.

but reason why I said “many dealerships” and not all, is surprisingly when my friend picked up his 992 back in august he got 10k off MSRP and a free invite to PECLA on top. Then again, not a GT3 so I don’t really count that.

Ill continue to update as I’m 80% certain I’ll be trying to acquire a 992 GT3 unless the stars align and F8 Tributos are available for 200k
While I don’t post a lot, I’ll be interested to hear on your experience. I don’t see why, post COVID, you would be getting a run around even if allocation is low. Last I read PAG is increasing 2021/2022 allocation on the GT3 to make up for the abysmal year so far.
I bought a new daily macan in June and Porsche was offering 1.9% on 60 months. Didn’t need it but still that’s unheard of. This was a 2020 dealer spec macan and was stickered $59,900 and I walked away at 48,999 total out the door after 2 days of negotiations . Late spring was the time to pull the trigger.
Buying a Porsche is like planting a tree. The best time to do it was 20 years ago. The second best time to do it is today LOL

So in reality they would have told this kid to kick rocks? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom