\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

got bumped in the back over the weekend. cracked my $1200 carbon fiber diffuser. i've read about people trying to order the same one on forums, but having no luck getting in touch with the company overseas that makes it. been bummed all weekend thinking about how i might have to settle for a different one that i don't like as much. not even sure how insurance works regarding aftermarket parts.

Welp

This isn't the first time this has happened to me, but basically...due to some bs and the other drive not admitting fault, the other driver's insurance company won't pay for the damage. I was in a hurry at the time so all I did was take a pic of the driver's license and insurance info, but they were apologetic at the time and said they'd take care of everything, but I guess they ended up having a change of heart. Not the end of the world I guess, but pretty annoying.

Anyway, I also just saw a video on reddit about a guy who got into an accident when a lady ran a red light and apparently tried to say he was the one that ran a red light and caused it. He had a dash cam and showed it to the cop to end that dispute immediately.

Anyone got any recommendations for good dash cam options?

Thoughts on an early 2000s GT mustang as a daily driver? Any known issues to look out for and thoughts on mileage?

i had a 2001 gt 5speed. Literally, no problems and i had it until i put 170k miles on it. did a bunch of mods on it and it never left me stranded. try to find a lower mileage one, if possible. good luck and keep us updated.

Are you gonna get a dash cam for the front and back of your car?

I think front will suffice. If I were to get hit from the back, in theory the front cam would still show me doing nothing wrong when the impact occurred.

Not gonna tell anyone I have it installed and hope they don't notice it. Then I'll send everyone videos when I race my friends and they try to claim them beat me. It's like an added bonus.

94 Integra you will be missed and never forgotten. 

Your totaled soul will live on in the down payment of this GTI and probably in parts yanked off to help other integras live on.

RIP.

Oh crap nah fellas that's not mine I just wanted to show him one of my favorite gts I've seen on the net.

Wish it was I have the superb special a 6
It's grey with black bullit wheels. I do want to upgrade to ccws tho best wheels on the market for the stang in my opinion.

Lol I'll post mine later its out due to a hit an run. That damaged the door and a found a gash on the tire.

Still my 6 >>> most v8s apperences wise

That v8 rumble still hurts my heart but hey I was 17 when I got this and the yambs in high school loved it :smile:

Your totaled soul will live on in the down payment of this GTI and probably in parts yanked off to help other integras live on.
RIP.

like the GTI...but i think vw was on that stuff approving those detroit rims. them joints never sat right with me lol

RIP.

What year is that?

like the GTI...but i think vw was on that stuff approving those detroit rims. them joints never sat right with me lol
they remind me of 

which i dont mind
What year is that?
It's a CPO '12

the GTI got a turba?
Yep. 
devil.gif

What cylinders?

:smokin

On the topic of wankels and displacement.... Advertised displacement on wankels is very misleading.

Take the 13b for example.... The claimed 1.3 liters is little more than marketing ********, mainly to lower insurance prices therefore selling more cars and to a lesser extent, make an excuse for the lack of torque rotaries make. It's not an adequate comparison to a piston engines displacement.

A rotary take a chamber (cylinder) charge every revolution of the eccentric (crank) shaft per rotor. In a 2 rotor 13b engine, that means 654cc x2 = 1.3 liters per revolution.

A 4 stoke piston engine however, only takes a cylinder charge every second revolution. So if we want to compare a rotary to a piston engine, we need count the displacement over 2 revolutions. Meaning the 13b rotary is equal to 2.6 liters piston engine

If you want to look at the 13b rotary's real capacity, you need to measure the volume of all chambers doing one cycle (the same way we measure a piston engine's displacement). This is also referred to as swept volume. That gives us a volume of 3.9 liters

Cliffs:

3.9 liters is the true volume of a "1.3 liter" wankel if we were to judge the rotary by the same rules as piston engines.

RIP.
My first whip was a 4dr 94 Integra GSR.
2nd an 03 MK4 GTI. Took the same steps :pimp:

What cylinders?

:smokin

On the topic of wankels and displacement.... Advertised displacement on wankels is very misleading.

Take the 13b for example.... The claimed 1.3 liters is little more than marketing ********, mainly to lower insurance prices therefore selling more cars and to a lesser extent, make an excuse for the lack of torque rotaries make. It's not an adequate comparison to a piston engines displacement.

A rotary take a chamber (cylinder) charge every revolution of the eccentric (crank) shaft per rotor. In a 2 rotor 13b engine, that means 654cc x2 = 1.3 liters per revolution.

A 4 stoke piston engine however, only takes a cylinder charge every second revolution. So if we want to compare a rotary to a piston engine, we need count the displacement over 2 revolutions. Meaning the 13b rotary is equal to 2.6 liters piston engine

If you want to look at the 13b rotary's real capacity, you need to measure the volume of all chambers doing one cycle (the same way we measure a piston engine's displacement). This is also referred to as swept volume. That gives us a volume of 3.9 liters

Cliffs:

3.9 liters is the true volume of a "1.3 liter" wankel if we were to judge the rotary by the same rules as piston engines.

But it's not a piston engine.

What happened to no the "no replacement for" statement? So now we're actually getting more into depth, and determining that isn't the deciding factor on a better performing engine?

"No replacement for displacement" is the equivalent of saying the acceleration of gravity= 9.8 m/s^2. Or saying 2>1

You're trying to argue laws of physics. Greater displacement, more potential for power? Well, no **** :lol:

:lol: what ?

I'm not trying to argue anything. My statements on wankels weren't directed at anyone or intended to disprove anything. I'm just trying to drop some knowledge and generate some discussion.

@[@]BostonGeorge[/@] I was just there checking out a G37. Is that the Clackamas Carmax?

Back
Top Bottom