\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

he said RISING sales
Oh yeah lol my bad. But still it’s kinda misleading since their sales numbers are still pretty low. I mean after selling about 40-50k cars in the past you’d hope the numbers don’t get lower from there. And the mustang since the new gen came out sold over 100k that set a pretty high bar for itself so you’d expect the sales to settle down a bit after the initial year.

Oh yeah lol my bad. But still it’s kinda misleading since their sales numbers are still pretty low. I mean after selling about 40-50k cars in the past you’d hope the numbers don’t get lower from there. And the mustang since the new gen came out sold over 100k that set a pretty high bar for itself so you’d expect the sales to settle down a bit after the initial year.
but i mean we can go deeper down the rabbit hole
old platform so cheaper to make
vs newer platform
bunch of money spent on r&d
when u could potentially make more money on old platform selling less
than on new platform selling more

Whaaaa? The mustang and f150 have outsold the competition for years

The Challenger handedly out sells the Camaro and is catching the up with the Mustang. Dodge sells more V8 Challengers than Mustangs.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2019/01/sporty-car-sales-in-america-december-2018/

Challenger sells keep going up and the other 2 keep going down.

Dodge embracing the drag strip changed everything for them for a business perspective.

Trying to make American muscle a "sports" car ain't working out sales wise.

705F8278-15D0-430D-9B59-B1446D7FAF9B.jpeg

The Challenger handedly out sells the Camaro and is catching the up with the Mustang. Dodge sells more V8 Challengers than Mustangs.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2019/01/sporty-car-sales-in-america-december-2018/

Challenger sells keep going up and the other 2 keep going down.

Dodge embracing the drag strip changed everything for them for a business perspective.

Trying to make American muscle a "sports" car ain't working out sales wise.
The challenger barely caught up to the camaro in sales like a year or two ago and that’s cause the camaro had a horrible year. And yeah challenger sales are going up but not dramatically, slowly but surely and imo it’s due to their marketing. Mustang sales aren’t going anywhere they’ve had more success ever since making them into “sports” cars. And as for the “more v8 sales” dodge has Like 4 different v8s they sell and ford has the 5.0 and the 5.2 in the gt350 which isn’t really mass produced (~5-6k made)

To be fair though I’d say the charger eats up a bit of the challenger sales since they offer the same engine choices. If ford had a 5.0 in a sedan I’d assume it would take some sales from the stang. Same for Chevy

The challenger barely caught up to the camaro in sales like a year or two ago and that’s cause the camaro had a horrible year. And yeah challenger sales are going up but not dramatically, slowly but surely and imo it’s due to their marketing. Mustang sales aren’t going anywhere they’ve had more success ever since making them into “sports” cars. And as for the “more v8 sales” dodge has Like 4 different v8s they sell and ford has the 5.0 and the 5.2 in the gt350 which isn’t really mass produced (~5-6k made)

To be fair though I’d say the charger eats up a bit of the challenger sales since they offer the same engine choices. If ford had a 5.0 in a sedan I’d assume it would take some sales from the stang. Same for Chevy
just seems like u hating to me

Chevy had a v8 sedan and nobody bought it.

People that just want to go fast in a straight line don’t care about anything but engine size. There’s 60% of your R&D

just seems like u hating to me
No just stating facts. Besides, I’m the one who mentioned dodge making something better than the demon. I like dodge, I just like ford better. Better yet, I Just like fast cars in general and I’m excited to see what dodge is working on

Chevy had a v8 sedan and nobody bought it.
All the SS' sold out tho. The Holden was at the end of its cycle in Australia and was brought over to the States for a 2 year run specifically. It was never meant to do "numbers". There aren't too many 4 door V8's available with a manual that handle as good as that car. Still if it hadn't looked like a Malibu it would've sold a lot better :lol:

Back
Top Bottom