Post Your Motorcycle

Probably gonna go take a msf class and get my permit. Don’t really know if I want to buy a motorcycle but why not? My wife wants a motorcycle, so... you know if she gets one I will. :lol:

my boy has an old buell lightning xb9 he’d sell me. Or else I was thinking duke 390.

Yeah, I’m not set on it but something to that extent is what I’d get, I’ll read up on them.

my coworker has always had dukes and just gotten bigger ones as he got better. He loves them.

I just want something fun to ride if I end up pulling the trigger. Power can come later.

edit, I like that husqvarna. That might be the 🎫

Last edited:
PULLED HER BACK OUT YESTERDAY.
1616580646751.jpeg

Yeah, I’m not set on it but something to that extent is what I’d get, I’ll read up on them.

my coworker has always had dukes and just gotten bigger ones as he got better. He loves them.

I just want something fun to ride if I end up pulling the trigger. Power can come later.

edit, I like that husqvarna. That might be the 🎫

the KTM Duke 390, RC390, Adventure 390, Svartpilen, and vitpilen all share the same base motor, and some frame/suspension. The older ones, like first year, had quality control issues. the newer ones are much better and a little more refined. Made in India, which some people aren’t a fan of.

If you just want to ride around town and get into low speed trouble, look at the new Kawasaki KLX300SM, or an older WR250X/R. Supermotos in general have really been holding their values, and at the end of the day they’re just dirt bikes, made to be dropped and abused a little more thana nice street bike. Insurance is also dirt cheap!

MSF is always awesome! Really makes you realize if you even want to ride motorcycles long term. When I took the course a few people quickly realized riding wasn’t for them and left on the first riding day about half way through.

Im looking for either a 450 or 500 dual sport
Like the honda 450L or Husky fe501

i feel like with the stimulus check prices r inflated

dude selling a 5 year old bike for $2000 less than msrp for a 2022 :lol:

Im looking for either a 450 or 500 dual sport
Like the honda 450L or Husky fe501

i feel like with the stimulus check prices r inflated

dude selling a 5 year old bike for $2000 less than msrp for a 2022 :lol:
Strict dual sport or some sume action? I hear that Honda is gutless.

Strict dual sport or some sume action? I hear that Honda is gutless.
sume action?

I only ride off road but sometimes we hop on public roads for alittle bit, i could probably get by with a strictly offroad bike but if i find a good deal on a dual sport why not

been looking at ktm xcf-w 450/500
husky fe 450/501

or honda 450x or L

I sold my 250 need something with more power but dont want a motorcross 450 as i've riddden enduro bikes and they are sooo much funner to ride

sume action?

I only ride off road but sometimes we hop on public roads for alittle bit, i could probably get by with a strictly offroad bike but if i find a good deal on a dual sport why not

been looking at ktm xcf-w 450/500
husky fe 450/501

or honda 450x or L

I sold my 250 need something with more power but dont want a motorcross 450 as i've riddden enduro bikes and they are sooo much funner to ride
Sorry. Sumo, supermoto. I’ve ridden the 250/350/450/500 in the KTM lineup and really love that 350. California is limited on what we can have plated so it’s been the EXC-f lineup. It was just enough power to go from road to road which the 250 sucked at, and more than enough for me to have fun in the dirt.

Sorry. Sumo, supermoto. I’ve ridden the 250/350/450/500 in the KTM lineup and really love that 350. California is limited on what we can have plated so it’s been the EXC-f lineup. It was just enough power to go from road to road which the 250 sucked at, and more than enough for me to have fun in the dirt.
nah no supermoto.

I find the big motor bikes much easier to ride, i can be more lazy with the throttle.
I've ridden 450s and I love it compared to a smaller engine, it makes hill climbing so much easier.

nah no supermoto.

I find the big motor bikes much easier to ride, i can be more lazy with the throttle.
I've ridden 450s and I love it compared to a smaller engine, it makes hill climbing so much easier.
Definitely true. I just don’t trust myself with that much bike yet. Next bike will hopefully be a 350excf. Damn do I love that orange

Definitely true. I just don’t trust myself with that much bike yet. Next bike will hopefully be a 350excf. Damn do I love that orange
really? the power on the enduro 450's hit different than the motorcross 450's

ive ridden both and seems like with you experience you can handle a 450 easy.

either way hopefully the used market cools off little bit

the KTM Duke 390, RC390, Adventure 390, Svartpilen, and vitpilen all share the same base motor, and some frame/suspension. The older ones, like first year, had quality control issues. the newer ones are much better and a little more refined. Made in India, which some people aren’t a fan of.

If you just want to ride around town and get into low speed trouble, look at the new Kawasaki KLX300SM, or an older WR250X/R. Supermotos in general have really been holding their values, and at the end of the day they’re just dirt bikes, made to be dropped and abused a little more thana nice street bike. Insurance is also dirt cheap!

MSF is always awesome! Really makes you realize if you even want to ride motorcycles long term. When I took the course a few people quickly realized riding wasn’t for them and left on the first riding day about half way through.

damn dude, I was looking into the wr250 back in the day but was #poor back then and just didn't get anything. I really don't care about going fast, I just want something that handles well and is fun to rip around on. so that makes a lot of sense. a supermoto would actually be a super good call because I'll be out in the sticks a lot and it would be nice to be able to go off road.

if I ride a motorcycle anything like I ride quads its getting dropped and flipped because the first thing I did is learn to wheelie a quad in a field. :lol:

I'm going to strongly consider a supermoto.

yeah the msf class is nice, you get a break on your insurance and just take a written test and get you license after your permit here. I've ridden bikes before but its not like I'm an experienced rider or legal one.

Me and my wife and my boy are all taking msf June 26-27.

any suggestions on gear that isn’t crazy expensive?

if you are going to be actually riding i recommend not skimping on gear.
but if ur getting it just to have the license grab something used.
I try not to take chances with safety spent like 800 on my helmet

I'm glad this thread is poppin again. Riding season is here! at least in the mid west. Some of you dudes on the west coast or south are fortunate enough to ride year round.
memphissfinest memphissfinest I've been obsessed with the panigale v2,v4 and the streetfighter lately even though its beyond my skill level. Also the MT 10 looks great to me even though some yamaha fans hate it's "new" look.
Are you gonna do anything to the v4? clear clutch cover, exhaust?
About to cop a SV650 for my first bike.
Probably gonna go take a msf class and get my permit. Don’t really know if I want to buy a motorcycle but why not? My wife wants a motorcycle, so... you know if she gets one I will. :lol:

my boy has an old buell lightning xb9 he’d sell me. Or else I was thinking duke 390.
Took the course in St. Paul. It was great and they had a few different types of bikes to try out. I didn't think I would like a cruiser but after riding one in class I started looking at them as a possible purchase. Still preferer standard/naked bikes or sport. Only thing that sucked is if you take it in the summer then be prepared to roast. Full sleeves and pants are required and you're out there practicing for 4ish hours. Not terrible but could get mad uncomfortable.

Edit :I actually signed up at the rider academy might be different then any old msf course. had to have a permit in hand before class started in order to get my licenses at the end.

Last edited:
That’s what I’m doing too :pimp:

Rider academy in St. Paul.

ok I was wondering about the permit. So get that first?

if you are going to be actually riding i recommend not skimping on gear.
but if ur getting it just to have the license grab something used.
I try not to take chances with safety spent like 800 on my helmet

nah, I’ll drop bread on something good but I want a little value if you know what I mean.

but yeah safety is #1

That’s what I’m doing too :pimp:

Rider academy in St. Paul.

ok I was wondering about the permit. So get that first?
Yeah if you want to get your motorcycle endorsement after you pass the test at the end of class.
You don't have to in order to take the class but why wouldn't you.
All you have to do for the permit is make an apt at the dmv and take a test on a computer just like a driving permit. I literally took mine the day before class started and read the guide book once.
However you might wanna take the test on a day off or something. I took the test when the dmv opened at 8, it took 15 minutes, but couldn't get the paper work until 4pm. They make you take a number but you don't know when it will be called and you have 15 minutes to report in.

I’ll do that. I’m laid off for another month anyways. I got time to knock that out. Thanks man.

you live in St. Paul? I’m over on the west Side.

Need to get back out there on 2 wheels. Debating on getting another sports bike or a modded cafe racer.

Got my endorsement a few weeks ago. Excited to find a bike and start riding. What's the consensus on new vs used? Craigslist vs dealership? I'm still learning so any suggestions on finding a first bike are appreciated.

I’ll do that. I’m laid off for another month anyways. I got time to knock that out. Thanks man.

you live in St. Paul? I’m over on the west Side.
Word?! I live off west 7th. I go to the LA Fitness and Target off Robert St. all the time.

Got my endorsement a few weeks ago. Excited to find a bike and start riding. What's the consensus on new vs used? Craigslist vs dealership? I'm still learning so any suggestions on finding a first bike are appreciated.

I'm looking for my first bike too. Craigslist doesn't have **** so I've been looking pretty much exclusively at on facebook. Gonna get something reasonable that I an learn on but have fun. Might step into a dealership when I'm ready for something better/new.

PULLED HER BACK OUT YESTERDAY.
1616580646751.jpeg

Beautiful

Gear isn’t really necessary for the course. You go slow and barely do anything. You might take the class and hate it and wouldn’t need anything.

As for helmets, price doesn’t matter. Bell makes a quality helmet for $120. Helmet just has to be DOT approved for safety. You can find some that are DOT and ECE approved for as low as $120. ECE is some protective testing that do in Europe. Snell is another system but that’s more for racing. When you pay $600+ it’s for the name, comfort, air flow and weight. I’ve always gone with Arai cause it’s all I know but just look for DOT approved and ECE approved. Arai is overpriced and not worth it. I’ll get a cheaper helmet next time.

About to do my oil tomorrow. Paid $120 for the ****in oil and filter. **** keeps going up. Should have just went with Mobil 1 for $40. What oil y’all use?

If money doesn’t matter, go new. If money does, get a used bike. The last few years, used bikes been damn near the same price as new bikes. I don’t know what bike prices will be like this year during Covid.

If you’re getting a sport bike, get a 600 or 1000. A lot of people make that mistake of buying a 250 or 300 and then want to get rid of it after a month cause it’s so weak.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom