Post Your Motorcycle

Barbados Slim Barbados Slim damn dude, you must live right by me, I live on the other side of the river right by metric auto parts and the black market bbq parking lot.

I haven't found any bikes I want local here either. my buddy just had to order a used Ducati scrambler from California because he couldn't find anything good that was used here. ill probably just go new tbh and go the supermoto route. If I want more power later I can always sell it for close to what I paid.

Hahahaha Hahahaha thanks man, ill make sure they have those ratings. It won't be my first time on a bike. it will just be my first time trying to do it the legal way with a helmet. :lol: I'm ok spending a little guap on a helmet.

the Indian scout is why my wife wants to at least take the rider course. we'll see if she wants to ride after.

Beautiful

Gear isn’t really necessary for the course. You go slow and barely do anything. You might take the class and hate it and wouldn’t need anything.

As for helmets, price doesn’t matter. Bell makes a quality helmet for $120. Helmet just has to be DOT approved for safety. You can find some that are DOT and ECE approved for as low as $120. ECE is some protective testing that do in Europe. Snell is another system but that’s more for racing. When you pay $600+ it’s for the name, comfort, air flow and weight. I’ve always gone with Arai cause it’s all I know but just look for DOT approved and ECE approved. Arai is overpriced and not worth it. I’ll get a cheaper helmet next time.

About to do my oil tomorrow. Paid $120 for the ****in oil and filter. **** keeps going up. Should have just went with Mobil 1 for $40. What oil y’all use?

If money doesn’t matter, go new. If money does, get a used bike. The last few years, used bikes been damn near the same price as new bikes. I don’t know what bike prices will be like this year during Covid.

If you’re getting a sport bike, get a 600 or 1000. A lot of people make that mistake of buying a 250 or 300 and then want to get rid of it after a month cause it’s so weak.

I try to use only OE fluids in my nicer bikes. The two strokes get whatever I have available, except for the octane booster.

Of course the most expensive one fit the best... tried icon, sidici, bell and scorpion helmets. Got it for 550. Arai xd4.

965B92AA-B029-4BDD-9191-DBB94D597B64.jpeg

Copped an 07 SV650! Good deal on FB compared to the other bikes I saw on it.
Has a two brother exhaust. Sounds mean as hell.
Already dropped it once practicing..... was only going 5ish mph but I wasn't ready for an S turn up a small incline and was going too slow.
No damage to the bike. Probably due to the frame sliders. Anyway lesson learned and can't wait to ride more. Should cop more gear.
Need a jacket and boots.

20210330_164533.jpg

Idk if you actually went in cycle gear but I went there for my helmet. I liked the shop.

oh yeah, forgot to mention. Got my permit today.

Last edited:
Copped an 07 SV650! Good deal on FB compared to the other bikes I saw on it.
Has a two brother exhaust. Sounds mean as hell.
Already dropped it once practicing..... was only going 5ish mph but I wasn't ready for an S turn up a small incline and was going too slow.
No damage to the bike. Probably due to the frame sliders. Anyway lesson learned and can't wait to ride more. Should cop more gear.
Need a jacket and boots.

20210330_164533.jpg
Nice bro! Stay safe and keep that runner planted. Ride reports are a must

Idk if you actually went in cycle gear but I went there for my helmet. I liked the shop.

oh yeah, forgot to mention. Got my permit today.
Congratulations bro! Nice to have another legal rider on the road! Let us know if you need anything

test took all of 45 minutes to read the book and 5 minutes on the test.

cdl took the whole afternoon, I suppose its a bit different. :lol:

went and checked out some bikes today, scout was sick, I could see it as a second bike or if you just wanted a cruiser.

duke 390 which my wife is probably going to cop, display was super nice, it was used and had an exhaust so we fired it up on the showroom floor and it sounds nasty. :lol:
Yamaha mt-03 was blah
the Kawasaki z400 seemed like a contender

still leaning towards sumo, they had the klx300 dual sport but not the sm, they got 20 on order but they don't know when they'll get there due to covid. sales guy went to some press thing in California for it and rode it and he already ordered one for himself.

they're doing a demo next week so I'll go check it out then I think.

then my boys wife let me borrow her motorcycle so me and him could go riding :pimp:

Went for a ride over the weekend. First time I took the bike over 60mph. The wind at high speeds hitting me right in the chest is gonna take some getting use to. :lol:
Only piece of gear left is pants. I'm looking at getting some riding jeans. Anyone wear some that look good. Looking at something that looks close to normal jeans (straight fit) with the knee and hit pads.

I’m blaming you for going down the sumo road :lol: :pimp:

if was so hard to find I almost went with a crf300 to convert but my wife actually found me a klx. :pimp: called them and paid for it over the phone because they had other guys coming to see it. Savage mode. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom