Post Your Motorcycle

the only challenging part of the msf class is the figure-8 test inside that little box :x

even my instructor put his foot down on the turn haha

Last edited:
also, anybody in the dallas/fort worth area here wanna ride?

riding season is near

Last edited:
I'm planning on taking my permit exam either this week or next week. Anyone have any recommendations on when I should take my MSF course. I live in NYC the cold is what I'm trying to avoid. Also is it true that during the MSF course if you drop one of their bikes they can kick you out the class.

I'd suggest taking it in the spring if you can. I'm in NJ and I took it in August and it was too HOT. My class required long sleeves and full gloves at all times so that didn't help. They also never have you go much faster than 30mph and that was only for maybe 10 minutes for me.

As for dropping the bike, a few guys in my group put the bike down and one guy even had his bike slide about 10 feet. Luckily dude was alright and he even passed. My instructors seemed more concerned about the student's safety than the condition of the bike. Dude that lay the bike down just had to sign a waiver.

That's just my personal experience, YMMV. I took the course through my local Harley dealer if that helps.

Bro. I am also in 201 area. Where did you take your course and how much was it?

how much money is truly saved in copping during winter?

Looking to by a kawi 250 for a starter (I don't like the look of the CBRs)

I'm thinking i'd probably get a 2010/2011 hopefully at a dece price (in canada) probably around 2500. i'm not really sure what to expect or whats a good price. None of my friends ride out here but if i can save a significant amount by buying now I will.

Last edited:

I'm thinking i'd probably get a 2010/2011 hopefully at a dece price (in canada) probably around 2500. i'm not really sure what to expect or whats a good price. None of my friends ride out here but if i can save a significant amount by buying now I will.

Can't really say exactly how much. But people are usually pressed to move them right after the holidays. But the big thing is the availability of bikes. There's way more options during the winter and command less bread. If u try to cop come mid summer the pickings aren't as good also.

too bad you're not in MA...

If you're buying used, you can always find a good deal in the winter. Demand isn't there and people are usually looking to sell.

Also, a 250 is a waste of money. Just get a 600.

+1 on the get a 600 train. I really want a 600, but I gotta get my money right. I started (and am still on) a 500 and I think I'm ready for more. That's not to say I'm bored of it, but I think my riding skill has developed enough to warrant the jump. My MSF actually had me learn on a 500 and before I got my bike I would practice on my uncle's 250. I felt like it was a big difference.

That being said, you might love a 250. My uncle loves his and he's had it for 4+ years now. But he mainly uses it for commuting locally and he hardly goes for long rides like I do with my father and brother. Size of the bike definitely depends on what you intend to do with it. I think 600 is a good balance.

ugh just found out that the MVA now requires an online class or something along with he msf course -_______-

The reason I'm thinking a 250 is because insurance will be significantly cheaper from what I understand. Plus I live downtown toronto so it's not like I have a lot of amazing roads to ride on. Not unless it's night time.

And i only weigh 155

Last edited:
any recommendation on ridding gloves and jacket? any one doing winter mods? i looking for a slip on exhaust under 300 bucks and led lights since i do night ridding.

The reason I'm thinking a 250 is because insurance will be significantly cheaper from what I understand. Plus I live downtown toronto so it's not like I have a lot of amazing roads to ride on. Not unless it's night time.

And i only weigh 155

any recommendation on ridding gloves and jacket? any one doing winter mods? i looking for a slip on exhaust under 300 bucks and led lights since i do night ridding.

The best rider in the world is 130 lbs soaking wet.
What's your point? If u want a 250cc get one. It's all about what u feel confident. Move up as you feel ready.

Check cycle gear for sales. I really like the online shop. Check for the sales. There's no need to buy the top of the line when first riding.
Cyclegear.com
For winter mods, I would do some really good tires. Ct3/pilot power road are good all weather tires.
For a cheap slip on under 3 would be jardine.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of selling my CBR and copping an S1000 when I get back from my deployment. Anybody have experience with those?

Everything I've heard and read is that it's damn near the same bike as the CBR. Not sure if anything has change in the last year or two.

Anyone have any experience with Vega helmets? My boy is asking my opinion on it and I told him I've never even heard of the company. It's DOT certified though so I said it's probably okay. I told him the higher priced helmets typically have more features and whatnot so he shouldn't expect much from a helmet going for $60.

Amazon product ASIN B00BN5XTTA

Anyone have any experience with Vega helmets? My boy is asking my opinion on it and I told him I've never even heard of the company. It's DOT certified though so I said it's probably okay. I told him the higher priced helmets typically have more features and whatnot so he shouldn't expect much from a helmet going for $60.

http://www.amazon.com/Vega-X888-Helmet-Black-Medium/dp/B00BN5XTTA

ive never heard of them. i started off with scorpion and now use agv or shoei

Back
Top Bottom