Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Just received this email from lids
71846140-08BB-42CF-86FD-AC31D5556420.jpeg
9D5CC276-205E-42AB-A1FF-F8C464BC5967.jpeg

Last edited:
^^ looks like they’re claiming to be still adding stock and eventually having more on the site than normal. Hope that ends up being the case.

Yet they're missing like 80-85% of their selection. I don't know how you recover from that by saying selection will be expanded
and greater than ever. I just don't see it until maybe this summer. Corporate BS talk for now.

Even then, they're really pushing in store visits and exclusives happening there. They had a NCAA bball post with hats and they're not on the website. Their response ' your local lids may carry it'.

The biggest takeaway, NEW ERA brand isn't front and center on their website. It's hidden away. How can your lids interface say it's about hats but hats aren't front and center.

Change happens daily. Just don't surprise your customers. Had they sent this email first, hysteria would've been down to 1-2 posts.

Just found this thread recently and I’m not sure how people feel about the new era logo on the side of the fitteds but I hate it. Got a seam ripper and took that thing off my 60th anniversary sf giants fitted. Since it’s black you can’t really see the imprint or glue residue.

Going to do the same thing when I get the 150th mlb

CD226A00-B0BC-48E0-B8E9-80F24231209F.jpeg
74DF163C-6F2F-4930-924F-C6262CC7C93C.jpeg
5FF0E883-C0C5-4A09-9033-5FDC44A77FD3.jpeg

I'm not a fan of the NE logo on Fitteds but I'm too lazy to do anything about it. Plus Fanatics taking over Fanatics, doubt I'll buy any new fitteds for a long time.

I'm also off on lids for awhile, not a fan of this move. Does anyone actually use fanatics? I did and they were super slow on shipping and the product selection is weak.

luisfigo luisfigo solid results. I've de-flagged 7-8 of them with no casualties. Some materials are harder to deal with than others. China wool is sturdy. Poly is softer and easier to mess up. Time frame, 30-90 minutes if you want solid results. One could probably rush the process. I have a few 2016-2018 releases that I haven't touched though. I try to keep things to on field spec. But Cooperstown customs and such, I de-flag almost asap.
I have never bought from fanatics, ever. I did do a order with fansedge for some cheap Wahoo's. Shipping was free and took 9-10 days. Shoprunner is a decent option if you have that. But yeah, easy pass on fanatics buys. I'll be 100% HC and eBay from here on out.

Last edited:
stuff gonna get cleaned out & posted on eBay...
Market is crap for sellers right now. Maybe buy to hoard for 5-10 years, then sell and maybe make $10-20/cap?

I'm seeing flagless on fields for $15-$25. I just got a 20 yr old on field for $18 shipped. I just don't know of any viability for on fields. HC had an appeal because their caps were MUSA and they had a direct communication with the producers. In 9 days, it's all over folks. HC exclusives on eBay sell for way less than retail on average. It's like used cars with these caps.

Yet I don't know if made in USA on fields will have a huge market in the future. 20 yr old wool grey unders are barely at $35 (at the maximum).

They're offering 2 for $50 fitteds in store only. And 40% off clearance items, in store only. I go to the mall twice a year and I'm not fighting for a discount with a guy who's never heard of the coupon code that I have to show him on my phone. And for what? A local variety of maybe 8 total size 8s. We're officially degrading back to pre internet days. Lids is dead to me.

The last 3-4 coupons they've offered have been super vague with no exclusions listed. If anyone is successful in using these email codes, let us know. I'm not about to guinea pig myself over a savings that used to be the norm.

Market is crap for sellers right now. Maybe buy to hoard for 5-10 years, then sell and maybe make $10-20/cap?

I'm seeing flagless on fields for $15-$25. I just got a 20 yr old on field for $18 shipped. I just don't know of any viability for on fields. HC had an appeal because their caps were MUSA and they had a direct communication with the producers. In 9 days, it's all over folks. HC exclusives on eBay sell for way less than retail on average. It's like used cars with these caps.

Yet I don't know if made in USA on fields will have a huge market in the future. 20 yr old wool grey unders are barely at $35 (at the maximum).

It’s hit or miss. I’ve seen some people trying to force the market value by pricing older on fields high as hell but they sit. I’ve found plenty of steals on older wool grey underbrims. It’s just a matter of being patient.

That said, I’ve been looking for a Minnesota Twins grey bottom hat with the M on it for a while. ****s damn near impossible to find.

They're offering 2 for $50 fitteds in store only. And 40% off clearance items, in store only. I go to the mall twice a year and I'm not fighting for a discount with a guy who's never heard of the coupon code that I have to show him on my phone. And for what? A local variety of maybe 8 total size 8s. We're officially degrading back to pre internet days. Lids is dead to me.

The last 3-4 coupons they've offered have been super vague with no exclusions listed. If anyone is successful in using these email codes, let us know. I'm not about to guinea pig myself over a savings that used to be the norm.

The 2 for $50 does work on all hats

SUPER late to this thread, s/o to @Thierry Henry for the help. Anyone know where I can get the all navy Mariners with a grey underbrim in an 8? or am I sol?

I'll post my collection later

Lids really blew it. They now give a 20% off coupon to use once a month, in store only, AND with many items excluded. Screw that noise.
-------
beh235 beh235 thats my size. I'd say you are pretty sol for the all Navy grey under. You may see one once every 3-6 months. The teal bill og you can find pretty regularly. And I've seen Chinese customs of that teal bill. The og went black under around 2003. So there's a whole era 2003-2006 that is wool MUSA, but black under.
-----
Some recent non lids/HC relates finds
2ex592x.jpg

1998-2000 era Texas Rangers on field. Musa. Grey under. 100% wool.

upload_2019-4-6_14-22-1.jpeg

2008 era pre-cool base Minnesota Twins on field. Musa. Black under. 100% poly.

upload_2019-4-6_14-23-1.jpeg

2009 era cool base Cleveland Indians on field. Musa. Black under. 100% poly.

upload_2019-4-6_14-23-48.jpeg

2005 era Cleveland Indians on field. Musa. Grey under. 100% wool.

cedric ceballos cedric ceballos you ever get your caps in? Mine came in. Immaculate condition given their age.

1992 era Boston Red Sox on field (glued batterman). Musa. Green under. 100% wool
upload_2019-4-6_14-25-2.jpeg

1988 era New York Mets on field (1992 glued batterman). Musa. Grey under. 100% wool.
upload_2019-4-6_14-26-11.jpeg

Combined, probably got all of these for 50% of the asking price HC is asking on their customs, all of which are now made overseas, but they're still charging $40 for. Easily the fuzziest best bunch I've acquired in such a short span.

Pretty sad state of affairs for basic retail and online shopping. People love dropping retail or near retail for crap. ninjahood ninjahood those odd whiteish caps are all made in China Polys, yet look like wool. Surely not worth retail IMHO but I'd go in at $20-$25.

I think my days of new releases are over. Back to digging for deals.

Last edited:
Lids really blew it. They now give a 20% off coupon to use once a month, in store only, AND with many items excluded. Screw that noise.

i mean they were offering da buy one get next 50% off so long, if you didn't gorge up their inventory by now thats on you :lol:

Last edited:
Ive been gorging them for years with my odd size. First month in years, there won't be a lids pickup on my statement. Buy one get one 50% has been around in stores for 6 plus years. That's barely 25% off, which is more in line with their premium access pass, or even their regular coupon deals.

Seeing that you think buy one get one 50% as a deal worth stocking up on, shows how far lids has fallen imho.

Last edited:
Okay then. You may be right. My store made me buy one then that second is 50% off. The next one was full price, 4th hat was 50% off. Every other was 50% off. Not the remaining bunch. That wpuld eventually make all hats around 40% off, more within my range lol.

Maybe that's why they're closed? Lol. Your store was doing it wrong. Or my stores workers pocketed the extra

Back
Top Bottom