Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

A few new pick ups today , was a good Day today ..

that giants with the patch. whered you get it from? is the patch glued on or actually sewn into the hat? i still have my original that i bought at the giants park before the series but it shrunk over time and just all nasty from the sweat. as much as it hurts of losing that series, i still want to wear my original and would prefer the patch to be glued on like how it was back then

that giants with the patch. whered you get it from? is the patch glued on or actually sewn into the hat? i still have my original that i bought at the giants park before the series but it shrunk over time and just all nasty from the sweat. as much as it hurts of losing that series, i still want to wear my original and would prefer the patch to be glued on like how it was back then

Is Sewed on there’s the link ^

I got an older teal marlins i got off ebay for like 10 or 12bucks more than a decade ago. Had a purple/black rays also, gave that to the shelter as it shrunk on me a bit.

Gonna find the marlins when i get home from work.
Wish i had the one wit the black brim
20200520_184715.jpg
20200520_184738.jpg

Since when did grey underbrim w/patches go up in price? Last time i copped they retailed for just $35
Without rambling on too much, I think most retailers are just pricing their stuff along the lines of current on fields.

I remember $24 20 years back. Then it was $32, a long spell of $35, $38 for awhile, then $40. $42 is the current on field special edition price. HC decided to make some extra money. NE closed their USA factories because of costs, and prices still rise with overseas crap.

You'll find some stragglers around. 4ucaps has some basic customs for $35. Mickey's place still has on fields for $38 . many patched grey unders sit at $40. HC for a long while retailed for $40 with MUSA..now they're $42 and overseas lol.

I feel the last price increase was a year ago, $38-$40. I wish I had a better yearly breakdown. Maybe I'll do some digging.

As far as I can see, HC is overcharging by $2 On everything including on fields. Fanatics has on fields for $40. Ecap and others are charging $35-$40 for the same overseas stuff

Last edited:

Just out of curiosity, why would you prefer a glued on patch more than embroidered? For the sake of era accuracy?

I'd pick embroidery for longevity personally.

Just out of curiosity, why would you prefer a glued on patch more than embroidered? For the sake of era accuracy?

I'd pick embroidery for longevity personally.

For the accuracy. With the cap being 18 years old, the patch is still holding on nicely. There’s peeling but it’s not that much worse than it was on the day I got it. Went through a bunch of caps that day and you couldn’t find one that’s wasn’t already peeling.

New Era UK has got a couple of Jackie Robinson 59fiftys

HC just released a 2016 Cubs ws custom, with embroidered ws patch. I definitely like embroidered better. To hell with accuracy, for this one small instance. It's why I'm not really fond of patches on regular on fields. I showed a few pages back how nice a Marlins patch could look when it's sewn onto a cap vs. glued on. Even the latest rubberized patches seem quite hard and have edges that peel easily. They look cheap, dating back to 1995, I have never seen a patch look good. They've always been glued on. For awhile, we had felt patches that were also cheap.

Even random Asg patches and charter season were glued on. They've never looked right. That's the one credit I'd give to HC and the custom game.

HC also did a 2015 Mets embroidered WS patch custom. Some of the customs definitely righted many wrongs.

I still don't know what's up with their inventory. No one's buying $42 st Louis browns or alternate Pittsburgh pirates caps that sell out with minutes. That's just not possible unless it's a 7 cap run, so they can then do pre orders later? It's an interesting concept. Caps aren't inherently rare so they could easily get something done a second time. But it takes time I guess. I guess you can't do that with sneakers.

the 718 truth the 718 truth . Wow. A twins retro. But a pink bottom? They haven't done a proper twins M cap in years with the all navy upper. I don't want the pink under. Give me grey please. They missed the boat. But I guess they sell?

ninjahood ninjahood may be onto something. So many of these customs are done only in conjunction with WS patches. It seems like that's the only way now to get customs going. HC sort of mentioned that with wahoo and their ws patch. It's an interesting loophole they found.

Edit: I thought the twins above was a standard retro custom. But it has a 91/87 patch. Those have been done before. It's interesting how a tonal ne flag is needed. These Chinese customs for years have gotten it right for less $$$. Far less impressed. But atleast the M is the proper size and depth. They screwed up many others recently.

Last edited:
I placed two separate orders 4-5 days ago.
The status reads "purchase process" what does that mean?
Haven’t done it in a few years but from what I remember that means they purchased it and are waiting to receive it from the store. Once they receive it they will send you a message With shipping options and then you will have to pay for shipping from remambo to you

HC isn't stupid. Hype up the early releases with one cap per size releases. I see the MLB ST caps are back for pre order. Why have a countdown for preorder? Are they limiting the pre orders? Lol. I applaud the hustle. They are trying their best with what they got. MUSA was their bread and butter collector clientele. We paid the top price for MUSA well crafted gems. Now it's turned to hyped 'crap'. All of those ws pink understand have patches on the wrong side. Do what you gotta do. Like what you like. I know where the ogs stand here though.

HC isn't stupid. Hype up the early releases with one cap per size releases. I see the MLB ST caps are back for pre order. Why have a countdown for preorder? Are they limiting the pre orders? Lol. I applaud the hustle. They are trying their best with what they got. MUSA was their bread and butter collector clientele. We paid the top price for MUSA well crafted gems. Now it's turned to hyped 'crap'. All of those ws pink understand have patches on the wrong side. Do what you gotta do. Like what you like. I know where the ogs stand here though.
I don’t think many, if any, of the people copping pinks care about country of origin or side of patch

Back
Top Bottom