Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

also few pick ups from last, last month been lazy to upload photos haha
50903368861_623b450012_b.jpg

some of these side patches are addictive, I'll stawp soooooon :rofl:

WOW, that Roc patch is pretty nice.

Be careful out there. I hadn’t seen this in 20 years on ebay

I inquiry to a seller about a certain hat. I feel it’s priced too high and it’s simply not selling. I then ask if they combo ship/will price down a bit. They say no.
I see their signature includes their website and other info and make the mistake of asking if it would be cheaper to buy on their website vs. just asking from the source on ebay. Long story short, they banned me from buying from a seller trying to sell a basic new era for $50 shipped. I was ready to buy at their current markup and pay the fees.

Blessing in disguise?
And then as a seller, I get warnings stating if any personal contact info is given in messages, you may be subject to FEES. The seller was the one with a signature with phone numbers and websites. Yet I’m banned?

I gave my zip code once. I never gave my email or phone number. The seller says he never banned me. Ebay is closely monitoring everything. It’s a weird process.

I think I’m done with hats. This has been what feels like a 6-8 week back and forth process for one hat . Crazy

Last edited:

I inquiry to a seller about a certain hat. I feel it’s priced too high and it’s simply not selling. I then ask if they combo ship/will price down a bit. They say no.
I see their signature includes their website and other info and make the mistake of asking if it would be cheaper to buy on their website vs. just asking from the source on ebay. Long story short, they banned me from buying from a seller trying to sell a basic new era for $50 shipped. I was ready to buy at their current markup and pay the fees.

Blessing in disguise?
And then as a seller, I get warnings stating if any personal contact info is given in messages, you may be subject to FEES. The seller was the one with a signature with phone numbers and websites. Yet I’m banned?

I gave my zip code once. I never gave my email or phone number. The seller says he never banned me. Ebay is closely monitoring everything. It’s a weird process.

I think I’m done with hats. This has been what feels like a 6-8 week back and forth process for one hat . Crazy

it’s all bot read. There are keywords in the messages that automatically send you and the other part involved warnings or penalties. Meddling outside of ebay (according to ebay) is against their rules and both parties need to know that before putting certain words or combinations in chat boxes. As things turn digital i’m bowing out of more than just apparel i’ll tell you that.

Mail day! Updated family photo of Hip-Hop hats now that I've finally crossed this red Dipset from CC off my list.

Would love to add a few more colors before I call it quits.

DIPSET FOREVER.

1611095732773.png

All fire my man. The Street Fam x eCap Giants, Clipse from Capitol and Commonwealth, the Dips...love it. :pimp:

5AC330FB-75B8-4A04-B3B8-CCA3DEA8B216.jpeg

don’t like this brand but only brand that have the low profile style hat I like with green or grey underbrim. Just need to get purple and navy, then I’ll be set

I wasn't a fan of ALD as a business itself, but they release nice pieces here and there. I like their sweatsuits, I just wish there was no branding on them.

kind of lagged my last two caps for my "collection" post... anyways, time jump back to the end of november........

also few pick ups from last, last month been lazy to upload photos haha
50903368861_623b450012_b.jpg

some of these side patches are addictive, I'll stawp soooooon :rofl:

It's definitely a love/hate thing with T-Mark and his Hip-Hop patches. While I do salute him for creating a lane and killing it, I don't like how he raised the prices. He started at $75, then $90, then jumped to $150. He eventually came back down to about $100 but the initial price hikes rubbed me the wrong way. With that being said there's a few more I want to get but I feel uncomfortable owning so many Yankee hats, I already have 3 of his when they were $75. He just needs to stop playing around and restock the OG colourway Dipset patch and I'm good. :lol: :smh:

ECOMM_MLB_Marlins_800x800_Right-1.jpg
This hat is 🔥
Fitteds like this were the reason the for the rise of snaps.
y’all ready for this talk?
😂
Nah but fr fitteds have been a staple for sports heads. But they always fall out of favor for a few yrs. then come back since I was a youngin in the 90’s. I didn’t think we would see a comeback this soon especially after the snap wave. Someone needs to do a timeline of fitted waves.
pinwheel era was buns.
my favorite has to be the custom era more specific the match the kix era

I think 2007-ish Pegasus/CC times were probably the best around, but we had a lot more to choose from then, with NHL still being available. Side patches were around, but much less common than they are now.

I never dabbled into the snapback/TI$A wave or the dad hat trend although a lot of personal friends leaned into those lanes or even stopped wearing fitteds altogether.

I never stopped buying fitteds though, so it's crazy to see what it's become now. Saw it with sneakers and now with hats.

Fitteds like this were the reason the for the rise of snaps.
y’all ready for this talk?
😂
Nah but fr fitteds have been a staple for sports heads. But they always fall out of favor for a few yrs. then come back since I was a youngin in the 90’s. I didn’t think we would see a comeback this soon especially after the snap wave. Someone needs to do a timeline of fitted waves.
pinwheel era was buns.
my favorite has to be the custom era more specific the match the kix era
Always been a fitted guy never like snaps but I gave in bought a few cause some were just dope

When you talk about the custom era were you able to order single hats to your own design/specification?

Blessing in disguise?

I hate sellers like that. They’ll have something up sitting for years and will refuse to budge. I get it, it’s their item, they can charge whatever they want for it. But if it’s sitting for years and no one has pulled the trigger, it doesn’t hurt to see if the price is negotiable.

I had another seller who wouldn’t offer combined shipping on multiple items I purchased, so I requested that they ship each item in separate boxes if I was being charged shipping 4 times for items which could’ve all fit into a single box. The seller proceeded to cram everything all into 1 box despite charging me for shipping on each item. I filed a claim and got all the shipping fees refunded strictly out of principle. I paid market price for each of the items as well so it wasn’t like I was getting the items for a super cheap price either.

Ayyyy. I’m pretty sure you’ve blessed me with multiple ones over the years and it’s always appreciated:emoji_beers:

76DE8A3B-EE4C-4058-B23B-812E021ADBBB.jpeg
That murdered out Dipset hat :pimp: Also does anyone know where I can get another black Dipset hat in 7 5/8? Pissed that I messed mine up by accident

Thanks, stateiproperty stateiproperty :nthat:

When you talk about the custom era were you able to order single hats to your own design/specification?

I think by custom era he means when shops were making hats to match sneakers. Not much different than it is now, in a way.

Although there was a time where New Era would let you make a one off called New Era by You. Pretty much like Nike ID at $60/hat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom