Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Really not going after new pickups so ill start posting daily or weekly wears.
For Thursday:
A hat never to made in this manner ever again. A last year MUSA HC Minnesota Twins 1987 custom. Flat M logo. Green under. No batterman. Tonal flag. Fuzz for days
E0401E99-43D9-419F-ABCC-96FBFFFE6D43.jpeg

That Cooperstown twins cap I bought from Macy's is an absolutely brick and a joke compared to this. I'll be taking it to the soft fuzz level the next month or so.

Dang. That's one of the better made ones. Where are you finding these? Don't feel bad. You're not the only. I have dozens of duplicates.
Random lids in store finds?
1 from the Macy’s sale you posted, 2 from eBay, 2 from random trips to Lids clearance section it was the 1st or second cap I purchased when I got back into fitteds early last year, so I’m a little late to the party. I like the quality/ flat embroidery, and it’s just a good simple cap so I’m always on the lookout for em. Tracking down a Marlins as well

Last edited:
1 from the Macy’s sale you posted, 2 from eBay, 2 from random trips to Lids clearance section it was the 1st or second cap I purchased when I got back into fitteds early last year, so I’m a little late to the party. I like the quality/ flat embroidery, and it’s just a good simple cap so I’m always on the lookout for em. Tracking down a Marlins as well
Yeah. Nothing too crazy. I wouldn't say too late. Before fanatics takeover of lids, lids had a sale on these. But it was nothing like the Macy's sale. It always felt like there was enough quantity until it simply dried up. I bought up 15-20 Wahoo's for $8-$15 and felt I undershot it lol. The Macy's stock sat for months.

Other than Macy's, it never really felt like these spilled out of any outlet. I wouldn't say exactly rare as they sat for years. But they now they're sort of trending up. 4-6 styles hit it right. The others are straight manure IMHO.

Last edited:
I noticed that there's a difference between the fit of hats made in USA during the 2000s and hats that were outsourced the last several years.

The USA-made hats fit smaller and feel tighter around my head whereas the outsourced hats fit larger with some room around my head.

Anyone else notice this with your hats?

I see it too. I can actually buy my near size and be okay with outsourced. But in reality, I have a mix of all 2001-2015 eras and sizing is just random as hell. It may have been 20% better then vs now. But it wasn't perfect. I do feel you can size yourself more appropriately these days for the most part. I'm aiming for 7 3/4 and not 8s on everything these days. 8s have fit too big for 2-3 years now on most products

Im all talk. Fitted a day I say. More like one wear a week

2006 era tigers made in USA all wool grey under for today's shenanigans.
07F35534-F969-4FE8-911F-8107A4E742F9.jpeg

Not to be a total hater but HC has the worst Bangladesh caps around. Some show up as Chinese made, so it's not all bad. Overall it's a huge toss up

HH, 4u, and Ecap are more comparable to Chinese made.
I have some 4ucap Bangladesh made retro caps that compare more to the older Chinese era, which isn't entirely too high crown. Grey under retros are now a total toss up. I personally would go against HC, and look at the other guys.

Yeah, I agree with that. HC is a toss up, some fitted hats I’ve bought come with a very flimsy and cheap inner lining. So bad that I thought it was a fake. I’m sticking with hat heaven.

Back
Top Bottom