Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Indians collection nearing a completion I hope. I'm taking this bad news to heart. Good luck all on eBay finds.

-1922 cooperstown collection retro white C. Surprisingly made in usa. 100% poly
-1980 cooperstown collection retro Red C. China made. 100% wool
-2003-2005 original on field. Grey under. 100% wool. Usa made. Sort of a Grail pickup right here.

Never really was a fan of the current C hat nor the wishbone C they wore in the 40s-70s. Not gonna say no if a deal pops up though.

Last edited:

Such a great collection. May be a dumb question but are you just constantly searching on eBay? Or do you have a certain seller who keeps popping up with new stuff? How are you finding such a broad collection of hats through out the years?

Dang. It never ends.

Looking at newerapcaptalk.com, someone points out that minorleagues.com is having 35% off on all of their hats, making them about $22 and some change. So I check things out and see a Cleveland Indians "I" hat for $6 on clearance. I think shipping was just as much. Can't beat $10.60 for an on field.

Then there was a seller on ebay selling what I presume to be a 1995 Tampa Bay Rays black/purple New Era diamond collection on field with a logo that was proposed as the main logo, only to change to something else in 98-99. So at some point in time, that merchandise was sold off. Can't beat $14 on that one.
--------------
As far as purchases,
I bought a couple from a NT member here. Price has never been an issue with me. Most want an immediate steal or a deal. But there are lots to be found on ebay too. That's where I'm at for the most part. I try to stay very very broad with my searches "Cleveland Indians Hat" or "Cleveland Indians cap". During various searches, ebay lets you filter and wind down the search window based on selected sizes.. For me, 7 3/4, 7 7/8. and 8 get selected.. From there, its just a weeding game. I've noticed many searches miss out on some hats, so being broad and patient is the way to go.

I've really only been active with the Indians over the past year. Like I was saying in prior posts, if the seller is vague about descriptions and photos, Use what you can to try to date your hat. Often times, you may be underpaying for a hat that ends up being 100% wool and usa made. Lots of what I see are people who dont quite know what they have, misdate something, or say its poly (when you know its a 2002 on field wool), and that's when you jump in. One seller has some older Indians/Twins/Orioles on fields. But other than that, it's been a true variety of people selling stuff. I think I only paid true retail once over all these buys.

I also look at places like hatclub, iamchotofu, 4ucaps, mlbshop, eastbay, and lids. There are almost always a sale. That doubling up on that lids sale yielded such nice results.. Even with lids, many hats are one offs, and they are on the website for maybe a day before that 1 item gets sold. It's a bit of luck, but a constant search is totally worth it. Just today, minorleagues.com with a $10 on field of a 8 year old cap.
---------
Green Rhino,
I think CLE alone I'm up to 27 hats. I'll see what I can do to properly showcase them. The best part is, I think just one doesn't fit. All this stuff gets worn. I broke some heads yesterday busting out my '95 on field Ricky Vaughn

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply wallyhopp

I just ordered from http://iamchotofu.com. Ordered 3 hats (all navy Mariners hat and two Pirates hats) cause they were on sale. All three hats are double ups for me but I wanted them cause they didn't have the flags on them and they were only $17.50 a hat. They canceled one hat (a Pirates hat) cause it was out of stock. Then sent me the two hats but neither one of them are the ones I ordered. I ordered the all navy Mariners hat and I got the teal billed Mariners hat. Then ordered the black pirates hat with yellow P and got the black hat with white outlined yellow P. So....ya correct teams. But not the correct hats. And the size tag is different then what I have seen on my other hats. I am kind of too lazy to contact them cause they are hats that I'll wear....has anyone else had this problem with this company? It was my first order with them

^ Wow they totally botched that order. I've had 4 orders with them, 3 of them successful, one never made it out of NYC.

The first went as planned. I got what I ordered within a 5 day turnaround.
--------
The second had some address label or postage label issues and tracking had it staying in NYC and being re delivered, to I presume the store. I actually had to escalate a paypal claim to get someone to talk with me (it sounds like a one man sort of operation and he happened to be out of town). So I did get my money back. I just hated that tracking showed one thing and I was out $120 bucks. I may have been a bit impatient.
------
The 3rd went sort of as planned. He emailed me that they didnt have a size 8, rather a 7 7/8 in one of my hats. He responded back within minutes and I had my hats a few days later.
-------
The 4th went as planned. 4 on fields priced at $17.50 each

One of them did appear like your mariners though. The sticker says Cool Base, and the label inside is obviously one from just a year or two prior.. I'm guessing yours is also made in China. Hit me up. I think i have one of their personal emails if you need to contact them.

So I had some free time today. This took about 15 minutes with some hair clippers.
before

during

after

Last edited:
NBA fitteds this season will have the team's current logo instead of the HWC that's usually out in stores. Toronto also has a black/gold OVO night fitted, and Cleveland will have a black one with the big C like the jerseys they wore during the finals.

Thanks for the reply wallyhopp

I just ordered from http://iamchotofu.com. Ordered 3 hats (all navy Mariners hat and two Pirates hats) cause they were on sale. All three hats are double ups for me but I wanted them cause they didn't have the flags on them and they were only $17.50 a hat. They canceled one hat (a Pirates hat) cause it was out of stock. Then sent me the two hats but neither one of them are the ones I ordered. I ordered the all navy Mariners hat and I got the teal billed Mariners hat. Then ordered the black pirates hat with yellow P and got the black hat with white outlined yellow P. So....ya correct teams. But not the correct hats. And the size tag is different then what I have seen on my other hats. I am kind of too lazy to contact them cause they are hats that I'll wear....has anyone else had this problem with this company? It was my first order with them

Looks like first run of the poly on fields which IMO were the best fitting by far!

What the hell.... [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

It's glued on??????

I knew it looked weird in pictures

Don't worry if this is permanent next year they will emborider them

What the hell.... [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

It's glued on??????

when new era/ss started putting the batterman on the back - they stitched them on the new caps but glued the batterman logo onto the old stock caps

therefore, if they do go ahead with the NE on the side in the future - i wouldn't be surprised if they stitch them on well

So I had some free time today. This took about 15 minutes with some hair clippers.

wally - you crazy dog, you crazy :lol:

:nthat:

surprised it didn't leave a shadow tho
I was surprised too. I think it ultimately may depend on the material and even country of origin. The one I did it one was a made in Vietnam 100% wool. It's a pretty stiff hat that really pops up on the top of the head.

I am hesitant to try on hats I really care about, like some minor league hats.

Although i did try it on a brand 47 hat I have. It says 94% poly/ 6% spandex. It's a very lightweight cap. This one did leave a shadowing and near hole. But it is what it is.

I think may be done for awhile. I have three more indians hats I want to do this to, plus a Brewers. I may just stick with non us made wool/poly new eras. I'll post up any that I try. Wish me luck

Last edited:
So I just found out the 2016 ASG Batting Practice caps came in a patch and non-patch version...

Stores here barely got any. Lids got none.

Of course mine has no patch. If anyone happens to spot a KC Royals PATCHED in 7 1/2, let me know! Already searched high & low.

Backlash is pretty hard on twitter. Most just sorta totally blown away that it happened. Each and every person KNOWS New Era makes the caps too. So it's not just outsiders puzzled. It's everyone.

I think the uni watch guys said there was a game in 2005 where the Padres wore camo hats that the flag appeared, as well as one other instance.. But this being a full blown out league wide affair, I don't think it has ever happened.

It's definitely gotten people talking. But it's really more of a shock and aww.. Not a "I want to go and buy an overpriced hat with patches falling off when I buy it" mentality.

It's literally plastered all over the stadium and all over dug outs shown on live tv

They ruined the cap

Back
Top Bottom