Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

What's ultimately sad is, I bought a '92 batterman glued on Indians on field hat awhile back (some 24 years after production), and it literally almost appears to be stitched on. That glue appears to be rock solid. You just can't say that at all about todays quality. How is it already peeling away on store shelves, just two weeks after being produced?

From my understanding, when they went to the batterman in 1992, the first production run (or the stuff that was already made) had it glued on to existing products, with later production runs in that same year doing stitched. That sort of thing has just been what I grew up remembering.. I watched old baseball movies from the 70s and 80s and wonder where the logo on the back was. It seemed to make it official. I guess I have more sympathy for the mlb logo on caps than this latest addition.

The whole gluing crap on existing products, raising the price, and hoping people buy situation just sucks though. It sucked in '92 and it sucks now. Stitch it and make it official if you have to.. I hate the '15 WS patch I have on my Mets hat. I'm liable to try and rip it off in a fit of NE rage lol. The felt crap in '11 is even worse though. Yet you have custom caps that patch stitching is all legit. NE has been getting out done by their own company for years now. They need to figure something out quick

Last edited:
^ is that one of those 'customs' or something? the underbrim is grey & the inside tagging looks like repro 1993 tagging? :nerd:

From my understanding, when they went to the batterman in 1992, the first production run (or the stuff that was already made) had it glued on to existing products, with later production runs in that same year doing stitched. That sort of thing has just been what I grew up remembering.. I watched old baseball movies from the 70s and 80s and wonder where the logo on the back was. It seemed to make it official. I guess I have more sympathy for the mlb logo on caps than this latest addition.

I believe that's right. They glued em on the old stock & stitched them on the newly made ones. One way to tell is that most with the glued on logo have older tagging.

Official apparel was really getting popular in the early '90's so you couldn't have fans seeing caps with battermans on-field on tv or at the park, then going to the store to see the 'official' caps on shelf without a batterman...so they had to retro fit what old stock they could.

I think a lot of the glued on examples went to retail with most, not all, mlb players getting the stitched version(s.)

Last edited:
^ is that one of those 'customs' or something? the underbrim is grey & the inside tagging looks like repro 1993 tagging? :nerd:

Based off how the hat looks and the sweatband tagging, think that's an actual OG hat.

NE hasn't let customs be made w/ that OG sweatband as far as I've seen.

Last edited:
What am I missing here? That's two different hats. One a true pristine OG 93-96 era, and by the really crappy stitching on the LA logo, you can tell its the current era on the other.

The OG beats down the more expensive patch laden hat with ease imho.

Most of my white sweatband "customs" have current style of tagging. Some have the same tagging as the current on fields. Customs are definitely distinguishable from the real deal.

Yet it's both funny and sad that ebay has many great grey under wools that no one wants to touch because they are selling them at "$25". Yet they openly give NE new money on the latest and "not so greatest".

Last edited:
Some photos of a gem of a find from ebay from awhile back.
1992 DS with tags Oakland Athletics on field

Batterman came stitched, so I'm assuming late 1992

This is a 1992 Indians batterman that was glued on

And a 1992 vs. 1995 batterman showdown. Can you guess which one is glued on?

The smaller logo with more rounded bumpy edges is the glued on patch. The smoother one is what we have been used to for most of our lives, 1992 to 2007

Last edited:
These two wild card games have been great. But honestly all I see is that stupid flag on the hats. It's driving me crazy.

Quick question guys, is there anywhere I can pick up the Eric Emanuel Yankees hat at all?  Sold out on his website, but I'm not sure if physical stores got them in.  Any help is appreciated.

Deals never stop happening. Not bad for $25 total

-minorleagues.com coming through with a clearance 07-08 Cleveland Indians alternate "I" on field. Fist year poly quality
-ebay auction had vague photos. Suspicions paid off. Original 1995 Tampa Bay Devil Rays concept on field with 1997-1998 tags. I heard they made a lot of these. Not so many in my size on ebay though.

Last edited:
Just got these from myfitteds, I almost gave in and copped the smaller logo fitteds that came out earlier but I'm glad I didn't. It's been a minute since I been here. I rarely cop fitteds now.. I got too many and the sizing sucks now lol.. I couldn't pass this though

Also got this Rainiers.. I know it's NOT a fitted lol but it's new era

Welp. Got bored again. This time I retro fitted a $5 dog ear custom into a 1995 era big head wahoo

1995 on field, 2015 on field, and my latest de flagging efforts.

Just got these from myfitteds, I almost gave in and copped the smaller logo fitteds that came out earlier but I'm glad I didn't. It's been a minute since I been here. I rarely cop fitteds now.. I got too many and the sizing sucks now lol.. I couldn't pass this though

?! guess im heading to Patterson 1st thing tomorrow morning...

After seeing the quality on these waxed hats I went back to the site and saw they had my size in the Indians hat. Had to get it before chief wahoo disappears forever....

Also got this Rainiers.. I know it's NOT a fitted lol but it's new era
Repped. Just copped a 71/2 online. Been looking for this since back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom