Post your toys! Vol. 1?

Couldn’t help myself. Shoutouts to Gundam Lab!

5918_E809_AE62_495_C_B22_C_DB79_DAD00_FBE.jpg

Just finished this Gundam Bael:

94679_D15_45_EE_4609_9798_FAF4_E10_E9599.jpg

that came out really well, iv sworn off the full mechanics kits for awhile lol
I turned one bandais best master grades into a brick and i dont hate it lol its going to take alot of painting it to get it where i want it. Im also working on swapping out the fin funnels with some third party ones with pyscho frame. bandais funnels and the pbandai funnel set is complete garbage
o3LGt8O.jpg
fPSzkgB.jpg

That Bael looks really nice. One of the kits that i was disappointed in when it came out but that pic has me re-considering...

After finishing the RX-78, I got back to detailing and putting the decals on Unicorn. Really impressed with how it looks without panel lining (It bearly has any).

ADE5390_A_91_B0_4177_B734_08_A28_B765_BEE.jpg

Can any fellow Gundam builders PM me tips for water transfer decals? This will be my first time applying them on my kits.

Info On The Bape X Gundam :nerd:

I believe this collab came out some time this year. They came out with the Master Grade RX-78 and Milo X RX-78 SD kit. You can find both kits for reasonable prices online. I don’t see any high resale value for these right now but really cool kits if you are into Gundam model kits.

Water slides are actually pretty damn easy if you have the right supplies. Cut the decal out with a hobby knife. Get mr. mark setter and mr mark softer. Cover the surface of the part you’re decalling with mr mark setter. Stick your decal in water and let it sit anywhere from 5 seconds to a minute. The ranges are so large because Bandai decals are generally good to go after being submerged for 5 seconds while third party decals take much longer. Using a q-tip transfer the decal from the paper backing to the surface of the part covered in mr mark setter. As long as the surface is wet you can slide the decal around into postion. Once it takes postion. Apply mark softer so that the decal “fuses” with the plastic and leave it alone for a few hours. Top coat to protect it.

Also apply decals before panel lines because the mark setter/softer will cause panel lines to run and ruin the decals. I’ll be doing some decals soon, maybe I’ll film it

Some announcements from Bandai (Pbandai). They’re finally dropping an Exia Avalanche. It’s a pbandai kit obviously but it’s looking to have a wide US distribution based on price point ($75) just like the Astray Turn Red and the 00 XN raiser. Owning 3 third party Avalanche kits (two Exia one astrea) already I’m not going too crazy for bandai’s but I may get it after I see some reviews. And if it’s an American release I can get it on sale at Barnes and noble when the time comes.

The other is Called Gundam storm bringer and I know nothing about it. Just that it’s based on the Pbandai GM Dominance that la dropping in a few months.
6CB2A86C-FA63-44CD-B76F-AEAB8711D03C.jpeg
9026560C-46EC-47C4-A063-7348DD54F032.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom