Post Your Unpopular Opinions Vol. Sports & Training

Yeah I remember reading somewhere about Wayne and how he just dominated and his stats are just ridiculous. Too bad I have never really been into hockey, but I definitely appreciate his career
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Caerus

Sam Bradford will have a better NFL Career than Brady or Manning (I know, Prediction
laugh.gif
but seriously, that kid talent is
pimp.gif
Just wait till St. Louis becomes LA Rams...
pimp.gif

Kobe is #2...behind MJ...Magic #3
Chicago Bulls 90's run is the greatest thing to happen to the game of basketball ever
Jordan would have 8-10 rings if he never retired the 1st or 2nd time.
Oh, & Kanye West is the greatest hiphop artist in history
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
(Srs though)

Michael Jordan isnt the greatest basketball player of all time, just has the best legacy both on and off the court.
Can you explain why? Just want to hear why say that & who you think is better...(Srs)

Honestly?
Kareem, Magic, Kobe, I downgrade Jordan for his sheer physical attribues though. Honestly give me a 42 inch vert 6'6" height, 4.5 speed in the 40, 11 inch hands and put me on a basketball floor and see what I do.
No one in the history of the game has had those gifts. 6'8" is too big, 6'2" is too small.
Lebron is a legit 6'8" he doesnt have the dextarity to ever compare to Jordan. Wade is too small. Kobe doesnt have that athletic ability, nor the hand size. 

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Sam Bradford will have a better NFL Career than Brady or Manning (I know, Prediction
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Chicago Bulls 90's run is the greatest thing to happen to the game of basketball ever
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
(Srs though)

Michael Jordan isnt the greatest basketball player of all time, just has the best legacy both on and off the court.
Can you explain why? Just want to hear why say that & who you think is better...(Srs)

Honestly?
Kareem, Magic, Kobe, I downgrade Jordan for his sheer physical attribues though. Honestly give me a 42 inch vert 6'6" height, 4.5 speed in the 40, 11 inch hands and put me on a basketball floor and see what I do.
No one in the history of the game has had those gifts. 6'8" is too big, 6'2" is too small.
Lebron is a legit 6'8" he doesnt have the dextarity to ever compare to Jordan. Wade is too small. Kobe doesnt have that athletic ability, nor the hand size. 

Wait...So you're saying Jordan isn't #1 because of his physical attributes? Bruh....
laugh.gif

So...Calvin Johnson could be MJ if he goes on to play in the NBA is what you're saying since he basically fits the same physical attributes as MJ? Hmm...

Not to trash your argument but I'm just saying, we both know MJ DOMINATED every %%#!%*! opponent he faced.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
(Srs though)

Honestly?

@ 35 years old (13th year) he didn't have a 42 inch vert nor a 4.5 speed in the 40 anymore and still shot 46% from the field the playoffs & reg season, something kobe has never topped in the reg season and has only topped twice in 14 career playoff runs. Jordan also averaged 32 in that playoff run, virtually equaling kobe's 32.8 a few years ago. Even when he was well removed from his prime, at 35 years old, he still gave you 32 on 46% shooting in the playoffs. Dude even had a 50 point game at age 38 and a 43 point game at age 40. I don't see how you put any two guard in front of jordan bro
laugh.gif

Albert Pujols is the best hitter of all time

Melo is the best pure scorer in the league

If Iggy ever develops a consistent jumper he'll be top 5 in the NBA

Duke is going to win the next two NCAAB championships.

Roddy White x Matt Ryan is the best WR/QB combo in the league

Jets will always fail no matter who they sign

Come at me bros

Couple more:

-The NBA will be better off long-term if the 2011-12 season is wiped out. Stern may have to quit his job, and there will be a much better chance that positive changes can be made to the league to make it better, level the playing field, etc.
-For the 49ers, Frank Gore is the heart and soul of the offense but his production is easily replaceable.
-In college football, the only way to be successful on offense is to have a running QB, unless you have a really, really good pro-style QB. Pro style QBs don't work unless they're good like Andrew Luck (or even Kellen Moore, Ryan Mallett, etc.), but those type of players are hard to find.
-Vince Young will end up starting on a team in the future and be a Pro Bowl-level player again

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Albert Pujols is the best hitter of all time

Melo is the best pure scorer in the league

If Iggy ever develops a consistent jumper he'll be top 5 in the NBA

Duke is going to win the next two NCAAB championships.

Roddy White x Matt Ryan is the best WR/QB combo in the league

Jets will always fail no matter who they sign

Come at me bros
As a Sixers fan, I'm tired of hearing this %@%! every year
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

At this point I think Iguodala is who he is... A good player who is a great 2nd option, but not the go to guy to lead a team.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

laugh.gif

At this point I think Iguodala is who he is... A good player who is a great 2nd option, but not the go to guy to lead a team.
same way I feel, dude hasn't been good since AI left and he has had the greenest of green lights

- Eagles would have won a Super Bowl already if they patched up their issues with Terrell Owens back in 2003-2004
- the Jets are wildly overrated and haven't done a thing to improve themselves this offseason
- if Jeff Samardzija (probably murdered the spelling) went to the NFL he would have become the best white WR in the league
- I have zero problem with steroid usage in baseball and I feel like only old people care about Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens "lying to Congress"
- Gilbert Arenas pre-knee injuries was one of the most unstoppable players in the NBA
- arguing about rings won more than a decade ago in any sport is extremely corny, semi-recent success is what is keeping players employed not the team legacy
- Tim Tebow is never gonna be a good QB in the NFL until he changes his delivery, it is Byron Leftwich slow
sick.gif

- having a good run game is overrated in the NFL, screens and short passes are just as effective
- prime T-Mac > prime Kobe
- watching baseball requires patience wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than intelligence
- boxers are the best conditioned athletes in all of sports
- college basketball needs the reduce the number of time-outs

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

moundraised23 wrote:
grizz will be in the next WCF, whenever that is
lebron shoulda went to chicago
spurs suck

The grizz will be lucky to make the playoffs whenever the season starts.
laugh.gif

Nah NYC but MIA was the right choice.

indifferent.gif
 unpopular opinion cause thats not true.

why not, when they could've gotten that 6 spot? 
meeeh
and Post Your Unpopular Opinions   

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

laugh.gif

same way I feel, dude hasn't been good since AI left and he has had the greenest of green lights

The GREENEST. And he just finished up his 7th season.....he's still the exact same player. But he could be the missing piece to a number of teams.....OKC, Clippers and Lakers in particular.

Raheem Morris should have won Coach of the Year over Belicheck.
Josh Freeman should have got a few MVP votes last season.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Josh Freeman should have got a few MVP votes last season.

This is classic homerism.  Yeah he played very well, and the Bucs went 10-6, but Brady & Vick were on a whole other level. 

I didn't say he should have won it. But I think he should have gotten a few votes behind those two. When a playoff spot was on the line the last 4 weeks of the season he was the best quarterback in the league, statistically speaking. His 71.6 % completion percentage was the best in the league. His 9 TD's led the league. His 0 interceptions led the league. His 9.26 yards per attempt led the league. Not to mention his 121.8 % passer rating. But you probably didn't know any of this.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

laugh.gif

The GREENEST. And he just finished up his 7th season.....he's still the exact same player. But he could be the missing piece to a number of teams.....OKC, Clippers and Lakers in particular.

nope.. would rather stick with harden.. we have our own extremely watered down version of iggy in thabo already

i really had high hopes for dude though..

76ers management is just horrible.. they need to realize what they have in holiday and build around that.. but both iggy and now turner both need to handle the ball to be effective..

they should have rolled the ball with cousins (who i think philly would have embraced).. and see what him, jrue, young and i guess iggy could develop into

Caerus:
I had already thought this before, then I saw a video someone posted on here a couple months ago that really sold me.
- You got other greats like Bird and Magic that came in and IMMEDIATELY made a HUGE impact on their team. They came in and immediately started getting to the Finals and winning championships; took Jordan 7 years to get that far. It definitely suggests that maybe he's not as great as them.

- Other greats, when they left, the team was left in shambles, basically. Bird leaves the Celtics, they don't get back to greatness for like 15 years. Magic leaves the Lakers, we struggle through the 90s. Jordan leaves the Bulls that first time... replaced by the great PETE MYERS... and the Bulls still make it to the Eastern Conference Finals without him, getting beat by the Knicks in 7 games. It definitely suggests maybe the team's success wasn't all him; I mean... he's replaced by Pete Myers, and they go to the ECF?
laugh.gif

That's just a couple things I remember from the video. Now that I've mentioned it, I'm sure someone will post it. Pretty interesting.

Calling Barry Sanders out for your perception of him not being involved in the passing game is when compared to the people I have seen put ahead of him because of their prowess not very intelligent. Its one thing to say he wasn't a great short yardage back, its another thing to say that he was statistically a non factor.
Naw playboy, not my perception, ask a few Detroit media types, ones that have knowledge of the Lions.  They'll tell you, the Lions wanted in every way to include him in the passing game.  They knew how it would help open up some zones for them, plus anytime you gave him the ball in space it was a chance for a nice play.  He WOULD NOT GO TO PRACTICE FOR IT.  Refused.  Said plainly, NO.  He didn't want too.  This isn't some breaking news, this been out there for over a decade man, I'm surprised more people haven't heard of it.  And as Shoes said, no one ever calls him out for any of it, cuz he was exciting. 

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

here's a related unpopular opinion of mine that i feel will gain more popularity as generations pass. baseball is unentertaining as a spectator sport. its as popular as it is because its an american cultural thing (yes i know its popular in other countries but i'm talking about only in the u.s.) if somebody randomly thought of baseball tomorrow and made the rulebook exactly what it was right now, it would have no chance of becoming a mainstream american sport.

imo its the game that requires the most individual skill of the major american sports, but its soooooo damn boring to watch. at least in football when you wait for the next play (like a pitch) theres an explosion of top athletes and physical forces of nature in the trenches of the lines going at it. in baseball theres so much standing around that you can be fat and use a drug to impair yourself like tobacco and still dominate
laugh.gif

Co-signI love the Mets, but I'll be damned, if I'm watching a non-Mets game/non-playoff game.Baseball is easily one of top 3 most boring sports, along with Golf and NASCAR.Baseball is a sport, that you have to be introduced to by someone, to enjoy it. It's hard to follow, if otherwise.

- The 99 Spurs ship was overrated and should never have happened. The teams that should've succeeded the Bulls that year should've been the Heat or the Pacers, but we had to see the Knicks get slaughtered
30t6p3b.gif

- The no-tuck rule
mad.gif
really cheated my Radiers and led me to believe that the NFL is fixed.

- The NFL gets way too much media attention than any other sport in America, yet it's not an olympic sport
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom