POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Everyone always asking for an all gold watch, Nixon just came out with a all rose gold (which is better than yellow gold) Time Teller, $125.

if you have hair on your wrists to not get the time teller!! it is a stretch band and it will cause pain.

on another note. i absolutely love my 42-20 chrono. best free watch ever :D

A037-502-view1.jpg

I just saw this Alpina Startimer Chronograph Big Date :smokin:

Specs:

AL-372 high precision quartz movement
Center stop second (1/1 sec)
1/10 seconds up to 30 minutes
30 minute counter
10 hour counter
ADD and SPLIT functions
Big date and small seconds
All black PVD coated Stainless Steel case
Screw-in case-back and crown
Engraved case-back with Cessna Mustang jet

Crystal: Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal
Dial: Camouflage GREY
Crown: Screw-in
Water resistance: 10 ATM
Diameter: 44 mm
Strap or Bracelet Width: 22/20 mm
Strap: Cordura[emoji]174[/emoji] high resistance technical fabric

More info:
http://www.alpina-watches.com/news/startimer-chronograph-big-date_34.aspx

Looks like an affordable competitor to the IWC Big Pilot, despite being a quartz. Fredrique Constant and Alpina are making great looking watches.

^Thanks bro

here u go its called the Marine Chronometer II

38mm, ETA Unitas 6498, cost about 350 euro
looks really nice, i love it, but since wearing a 42 &44 mm daily now for a while, I don't think I could wear anything smaller than a 42mm maybe 41mm, thats just me tho

Only problem with these watches (I had my eyes on them for a while) is the thickness of the case, I think it's just over 14 mm, which is a bit thick for a dress watch, however the timepiece itself is pretty elegant, thus can't really be considered a sports or everyday watch...

What's the price range on this Alpina? Too bad it only has a quartz movement....

I just saw this Alpina Startimer Chronograph Big Date :smokin:

Specs:

AL-372 high precision quartz movement
Center stop second (1/1 sec)
1/10 seconds up to 30 minutes
30 minute counter
10 hour counter
ADD and SPLIT functions
Big date and small seconds
All black PVD coated Stainless Steel case
Screw-in case-back and crown
Engraved case-back with Cessna Mustang jet

Crystal: Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal
Dial: Camouflage GREY
Crown: Screw-in
Water resistance: 10 ATM
Diameter: 44 mm
Strap or Bracelet Width: 22/20 mm
Strap: Cordura[emoji]174[/emoji] high resistance technical fabric

More info:
http://www.alpina-watches.com/news/startimer-chronograph-big-date_34.aspx

Looks like an affordable competitor to the IWC Big Pilot, despite being a quartz. Fredrique Constant and Alpina are making great looking watches.

Great looking watches.

EDIT: They aren't cheap, though. :x
Amazon product ASIN B008BUF8Z8Amazon product ASIN B005FHM0KG

Great looking watches.

EDIT: They aren't cheap, though. :x
Amazon product ASIN B008BUF8Z8Amazon product ASIN B005FHM0KG

It didn't come out yet, it should cost just under $1,200. Alpina offer great quality watches without the inflated price tag compared to Tag, Omega, Rolex, IWC. Under $2K for watches for me is not bad compared to brands where you are predominately paying for the name and their marketing. If you want to get something similar checkout Steinhart but that is $1K as well for the auto. Under $1K Chrono Pilot you will be getting something quartz and not as great of build quality compared to Alpina.

$1K-2k offer alot of great watches:

• Longines Legend Diver
  • Longines Hydroconquest
  • Hamilton Pan Europ
  • Stowa Seatime Prodiver
  • Nomos Tangente (in-house)
  • Nomos Club (in-house)
  • Nomos Orion (in-house)
  • Sinn U1
  • Oris TT1 Diver Date
  • Ball Fireman Racer
  • Archimede Pilot (Ickler case) $600

For those who may like minimal designs, this piece is the work of Naoto Fukasawa, Japanese designer....and its gorgeous. Manufactured as "plus minus 0".

For those who may like minimal designs, this piece is the work of Naoto Fukasawa, Japanese designer....and its gorgeous. Manufactured as "plus minus 0".

(although my problem with these are that as beautiful as they may be, why can't they place an automatic movement inside them, making them much more valuable from every point of view...)

looking to get my first watch ever and i think i found it. not sure if i should get the yellow gold or this rose gold. decisions, decisions.. some opinions would be helpful for a watch n00bie 
tongue.gif

NO. Get a gold-plated seiko 5 automatic.

NO. Get a gold-plated seiko 5 automatic.

Thanks for the advice fam. What's the reason behind it though? I want a gold watch to wear for mostly casual purposes, but then again, I have absolutely no clue about watches. Might as well ask for more help from a watch connoisseur!

Thanks for the advice fam. What's the reason behind it though? I want a gold watch to wear for mostly casual purposes, but then again, I have absolutely no clue about watches. Might as well ask for more help from a watch connoisseur!

The quality of most fashion brands are crap and they use the cheapest quartz movement to date and the majority of price is the brand name. I would actually recommend a gold played seiko snzh60, quality bracelet and as reliable a watch you can get plus it has an automatic movement.

im starting to like the look of these sevenfriday watches... i need to see one in person .. pretty big at 47mm tho

my sub on a nato (horrible pic)

For those on the fence about Steinhart and non-swatch satellite brand watches, you better by them now because eventually ETA will stop selling them outside of their own brands. As a matter of fact, Steinhart is having a tough enough time sourcing enough for their current models. Eventually Selitta and Soprod have to eventually pick up their production to make up for the lack of ETA movements but don't be surprised if you get stuck with a Seiko, Miyota, or even a Sea-Gull movement until that is all sorted out :smh:. A non-swiss Steinhart is a no go for me guys so plan accordingly.

For those on the fence about Steinhart and non-swatch satellite brand watches, you better by them now because eventually ETA will stop selling them outside of their own brands. As a matter of fact, Steinhart is having a tough enough time sourcing enough for their current models. Eventually Selitta and Soprod have to eventually pick up their production to make up for the lack of ETA movements but don't be surprised if you get stuck with a Seiko, Miyota, or even a Sea-Gull movement until that is all sorted out
mean.gif
. A non-swiss Steinhart is a no go for me guys so plan accordingly.
absolutely, it sucks that ETA is doing this with the movement supply to these companies, but I can understand the business side of it and why they would want to do this. I can tell you that for me, there are very few, if any, swatch group branded divers and/or chronos that I would purchase while companies such as Steinhart continue to put out such good quality products with ETA movements, that is why I have stocked up as of late, because I am well aware of the ETA situation and the reality that this time next year we could be talking about, Steinharts and other brands that have heavily relied on ETA to build their brands, with other swiss made movements or as the rumors that I have heard that Steinhart may be in the process of making an inhouse movement

absolutely, it sucks that ETA is doing this with the movement supply to these companies, but I can understand the business side of it and why they would want to do this. I can tell you that for me, there are very few, if any, swatch group branded divers and/or chronos that I would purchase while companies such as Steinhart continue to put out such good quality products with ETA movements, that is why I have stocked up as of late, because I am well aware of the ETA situation and the reality that this time next year we could be talking about, Steinharts and other brands that have heavily relied on ETA to build their brands, with other swiss made movements or as the rumors that I have heard that Steinhart may be in the process of making an inhouse movement

Steinharts are great for the money, I find it hard to believe that they are going to make an in-house movement just because of ETA shortages. I much rather them go with something comparable to the Miyota 9015 from Selitta or Soprod to save some cost and keep them where they are. I would much rather them make improvements with their case and finishing like Archimede has with their awesome Ickler cases.

It will definitely hurt those micro-brands and watch companies not with the swatch group right now but in the long run I believe it will help in the evolution of better Selitta and Soprod movements. I'm getting tired of the standard 2824-2 movement in most entry swiss watches and want something cimparable to the 2892-A2 like the Miyota 9015. Plus I think the prices of swiss movements might remain competitive and help micro-brands keep costs down as their is some competition between selitta and soprod.

^true, yeah what I heard on some of the watch communities, were only rumors, of course what you stated has also been discussed as possible solutions to the ETA issue, of course I will wait to hear an actual response from Gunter himself on what will ultimately happen with the movement issue. 

As JYabbz stated, if you are in the market or on the fence about a Steinhart  with an ETA movement, now is the time act, especially since almost every single diver in the line up is sold out and pre-orders are slated to ship sometime in Sept.

Very nice ksteezy. I like that too...not as into rubber watch bands though, I'd need to change it to black leather.

Anyone familiar with Itmustbetime.com?

Help me out fambz, I got an interview witg Wells Fargo this wednesday and need a nice watch but I'm not trying to spend more than 80 max. Thinking about just hitting up Nordstrom rack. Can anybody recommend any brands?

Nordstrom has some nice timex watches for their anniversary sale. Look at fossil and guess watches. If you have an outlet nearby check out one of those watch stations you can find a good deal.

Back
Top Bottom