POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by elgrenas

OK OK. here's a question for who knows. what is the difference in Rolex GMT master II and the Rolex Explorer II. i have a chance to buy a 2006 GMT II for 3600 but i like the explorer II as well, and they have it for a decent price on another board. you know which one I'm talking bout RFX, the one you had your hublot on to get voted for. so if anyone who knows Rolex's shed some light on which one is better, movements wise or in general.

Which GMT II master? The ceramic?

what do you mean which GMT II. its a 2006. no its regular non ceramic.

went out to get a timex weekender, but ended up with this

A027-1152-view1.jpg

hopefully this will be next

SNZG15J1_MED.jpg

Ahhh! Very tempted on jumping on this Omega Aqua Terra, it's on sale for $1800 brand new but it's in quartz. Such a great looking watch and the size is just perfect at 38.5mm and it being tech grey does add some versatility in my rotation.
t56dzl.jpg

23h4vaa.jpg

With a leather strap.
jh7axy.jpg

This pic is of the automatic version but look is practically identical.
2ym8tbr.jpg

I've had my mind wrapped around an Omega Speedmaster for the past week, I don't know why. I know it's a classic, I know every person into wristwatches should own one, and I've been doing a lot of side work leaving me with some fun money.

Does anyone have any suggestions for place to look for a Speedmaster outside of Tourneau? and I really don't want to go the ebay route.

I've had my mind wrapped around an Omega Speedmaster for the past week, I don't know why. I know it's a classic, I know every person into wristwatches should own one, and I've been doing a lot of side work leaving me with some fun money.
Does anyone have any suggestions for place to look for a Speedmaster outside of Tourneau? and I really don't want to go the ebay route.

29% off at Jomashop right now, it's where I am tempted to get the AT for 33% off. They also offer free shipping and no tax if outside NY iirc.
http://www.jomashop.com/omega-3573-50.html

Casio waveceptor. Atomic time, $28.00 shipped. Not complaining, its been a really fantastic watch. Lots of features and world time :smokin

My collection is really just a bunch of daily drivers, nothing too expensive but I do enjoy switching them out.

Here they are in all their glory! My 23 beauties in their natural habitat.

Spread out a bit.

A couple of my favorites.

My favorite favorite. My Invicta lefty. (I'm right handed and I wear my left handed watch on my right hand... think about it.)

This is the Samurai bracelet watch, DO NOT BUY. I paid like 8.00 for it. They advertise it magnificently, I had no idea how thick it would be.

My wooden watch. This one probably gets the most questions.

And the CROWN jewel! My Rollie!

Just kidding, I bought it for 50 bucks my last rotation in Afghanistan.

That Nixon Sentry is definitely up next.

my nixon has been nice so far..

want to get some nato straps for it, but was surprised that they were that narrow. do they come in broader sizes?

only watch I currently have is one of those Philip Stein Teslar joints..brown leather band

Could you guys recommend me a watch..just turned 22 looking to spend in the 100-200 range on a watch I can wear everyday

Im honestly thinking about just copping a couple timex joints and going with them for a while

Anyone have personal experience with submariner homage watches?

I was recently shopping for a TH aquaracer (WAN2110) or Omega SMP, but deep down it's the sub I really want.

At this point, it's not entirely practical to get a sub quite yet (I have better plans for the money and, as much as I hate to say it, people around my office might not take it well that someone less than half their age can afford a $6k watch)

Rather than shelling out $1-3k for the AR or SMP, I'm starting to strongly lean towards a quality homage watch to hold me over (debaufre ocean 1 42mm or something similar and ideally swiss-made).

Thanks

Anyone have personal experience with submariner homage watches?
I was recently shopping for a TH aquaracer (WAN2110) or Omega SMP, but deep down it's the sub I really want.
At this point, it's not entirely practical to get a sub quite yet (I have better plans for the money and, as much as I hate to say it, people around my office might not take it well that someone less than half their age can afford a $6k watch)
Rather than shelling out $1-3k for the AR or SMP, I'm starting to strongly lean towards a quality homage watch to hold me over (debaufre ocean 1 42mm or something similar and ideally swiss-made).
Thanks

save up your money and eff what your coworkers think. get what you like. you're just gonna end up regretting getting the homage.

Definitely save up. I have nothing against people getting homage, that is completely fine but I am just not a big supporter of it.

If you really want something to hold you over until you get a Rolex Sub, the Tag Heuer Aquaracer auto can be had for $1500 and it looks good in it's own right and from a respectable brand. Plus Tag Heuer has a pretty damn good reputation to the general public, a few even rank it at the same level as Rolex. (not my pic below, just to show that it looks good)
5n1b4k.jpg

2lmroy8.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing too fancy for me: Nixon Player's in the 3 colors that should work with any outfit I'm going with haha

And yes, you can say my lack of variety and vision is boring and uninspiring :smh: but I got all these on a disco though

^thanks for the replies.

I'm not the type to compromise when I have my sights on something, but in this case I might convince myself to justify it.

The nicer homage subs (looking at the Steinhart Ocean 1 now) do offer very respectable quality & movements, esp for the price, but theyre still not the real deal and that would be in my head (and maybe turn into regret)

The WAN2110 is a nice watch (just passed up a TZ99% for $900 which I will prob regret!). RFX45, do you own one? Thoughts on the crown issue / how is the accuracy?

It's a shame about the office thing, but I don't want to make a decision that will put people's opinions/attitudes toward me at risk (I get along well with the veteran guys and rely on them for training/advice)

Also, thoughts/insight on buying 2nd hand vs brand new rolexes (for the sub, it looks like a savings of about $1k-2k)? Only interested in gently used 2nd hand from reputable dealers, not private sale.

Last edited:
The WAN2110 is a nice watch (just passed up a TZ99% for $900 which I will prob regret!). RFX45, do you own one? Thoughts on the crown issue / how is the accuracy?

I don't own one but have considered it and might still get one when/if I see it for an irresistible price. From what I understand, the problem is with the 500m version before it had the Cal5 movement, I could be wrong though. It really is up to how rough you are with the crown. If you wear it everyday, you won't have to adjust and wind it too often and you should be fine.

I'm looking for a gold watch/bracelet under $1k.

I like the Nixon above, but not the square face.

I don't own one but have considered it and might still get one when/if I see it for an irresistible price. From what I understand, the problem is with the 500m version before it had the Cal5 movement, I could be wrong though. It really is up to how rough you are with the crown. If you wear it everyday, you won't have to adjust and wind it too often and you should be fine.

Ya I think the 500m has/had crown issues, but some WUS members had similar problems with the 300m (and apparently TH doesn't repair under warranty for the 300m)

I know what youre saying, but a lot of people go for divers for robustness, and it seems the crown on some ARs are particularly prone to stripping

Thanks for all of the advice I'll prob be back soon for more questions

Back
Top Bottom