Price of Freedom?

Originally Posted by rashi

People in this country have ZERO concept of private property rights, that is what is really wrong with this society.

i don't usually agree with much of what you have to say in some of these political threads, but this is spot on
and it isn't limited to private property rights, i mean personal rights, liberties, and the law in general

the even bigger problem is that most people in this country THINK they know what's going on, when –– in actuality –– they're just repeating what they've heard their friend who's a friend of a paralegal speak on, or what they've heard on 24 hour cable news programs 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by foxdawg2000

Originally Posted by kilojules64

^ Do you really think it was unrealistic for me to assume you were serious considering all the $/)" people spew in these types of threads?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
No I'd expect that type of response from a certain personality... my only qualm lies within the personal insults that you direct so blatantly not knowing the nature of my originating post..So what if my post was serious in nature? Is it okay to respond to an individual with the tone that you exhibited? Would you approach me on the streets like that? Whether I intended to be facetious or not there's no reason to insult someone off of a generalized idea (which if you noticed had no supporting evidence, but you didn't).. the onus is in tone fam....Whether you disagree with an individual or not calling them an idiot alone fails to make you credible... I'm not the "idiot" here... take care
wink.gif
Notice this a lot on NT.. soon as you post something going against popular opinion or what have you, you get called an "idiot" "moron" "pathetic loser" 
roll.gif
 etc ...Grow up people.

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by kilojules64

^ Do you really think it was unrealistic for me to assume you were serious considering all the $/)" people spew in these types of threads?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
No I'd expect that type of response from a certain personality... my only qualm lies within the personal insults that you direct so blatantly not knowing the nature of my originating post..So what if my post was serious in nature? Is it okay to respond to an individual with the tone that you exhibited? Would you approach me on the streets like that? Whether I intended to be facetious or not there's no reason to insult someone off of a generalized idea (which if you noticed had no supporting evidence, but you didn't).. the onus is in tone fam....Whether you disagree with an individual or not calling them an idiot alone fails to make you credible... I'm not the "idiot" here... take care
wink.gif
Notice this a lot on NT.. soon as you post something going against popular opinion or what have you, you get called an "idiot" "moron" "pathetic loser" 
roll.gif
 etc ...Grow up people.
I'll call you a person who believes every conspiracy because you think you're sweet. 
Mature enough?

Originally Posted by Clone

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

wink.gif
roll.gif
 etc ...Grow up people.
I'll call you a person who believes every conspiracy because you think you're sweet. 
Mature enough?
What? ..I don't believe every "conspiracy" pal.. better yet, how did you come to that? I'm pretty sure I've only spoken on one or two "conspiracies" my entire time on NT. Anyway, don't worry man.. I too used to believe those in charge when I was told a plane crashed in Shanksville, PA.. Until I saw the pictures and the "crash site" and used my brain. 
wink.gif

You can't appreciate freedom until you lose it. As far as the price of freedom, that debt can only be paid in blood.

I agree with Rex. We are conditioned to believe that if you do the right thing (i.e go to school, don't get in trouble etc.) you'll be ok in life. Let me tell you, that is not the case at all. Get a job, have fun, stand for something.

To me freedom is the freedom to choose. Do I want a gun? Do I want to be Gay? etc. My problem with liberals and conservatives a like is that they only want the freedoms that they want and not all the freedoms that people should have. We should be free from restriction of mind Freedom of thought is the most important freedom to have. With things like the media and the ideas of "social decency" (which is a farce to me) we have created a culture of self-censorship.

Another basic freedom people take for granted is the freedom to disagree. I don't have to like what you do, but since I am a member of society I do have to tolerate it, especially if I value my freedoms to do what I want to do.

We came together in society to avoid the short, nasty, brutish life of Hobbes. Since society is made up of different people and different ideas I understand that there are going to be some rules I don't agree with. I should have the freedom to fight them. But I must be prepared to face the consequences of disobeying the Laws of man. Along with that, the Laws of man should not violate the Laws of "Freedom" or "nature" or "God" essentially they are all the same, respect others freeedoms as you would like yours to be respectful, fear nature for it is the great provider. (worded that way for effect)

I am a huge believe in the Constitution (First twenty Amendments or give or take) and above that is the Decleration of Independence, which lays out the most basic of human rights and freedoms; Life, Liberty, the Pursuit of Happiness and the right to revolt.

Freedom isn't free, it takes a long drawn out battle with those of the power elite. They have won the battle because they have won the media and made it taboo to break the laws, laws which in many cases are counter intuitive to human nature. A government is a necessary evil which should be kept in check by the will of the people. But the people have become dis unionized, disorganized and disenfranchised. They have become, exactly what Marx said they would, Alienated from their labor, from each other.

We must fight to protect ourselves from each other, from the government. We must fight to help everyone n society, because though it may not seem like it but helping all of society helps you individually, helps us as a society.

Sorry, feeling a little under the weather so this post isn't as crisp as it could be...sue me.

Back
Top Bottom