Pros & Cons Of The New NT Format

This input can be used by the admins to make this site better. Let's make a list so they can clearly see what we like and dislike.

Cons

-Way too much going on. NT now looks cluttered as hell and like a cheap amateur forum. I expected more from a forum over ten years old.

-Too many ads. Even though we had ads on the Yuku version, these ads on the right hand side further clutter the site. They are in our damn face, and make the site look aesthetically horrible.

-Site way too narrow.

-Remove the cheesy "marble" background and make it all black. It ads to the clutter.

-Fix join dates. It somewhat is a big deal. People who have been here for a long time should be able to distinguish themselves from people who just joined. It's like a badge of honor for people who have put in lots of time on NT.

-Again, less is more.

Pros

-Rep system, miltiquote, and polls.

-Off Yuku.

In the end, after being on NT ten years, I've extremely disappointed in this version. What happened to the sleek, minimalist look that we all came to love? Honestly, this doesn't feel like NT anymore. It looks like another *****d out message board with all these ads everywhere. To put it nicely, it's an eyesore.

Last edited:
Overall its better than the OG

I can get to other sections of NT now without having to go back to the homepage
The quick reply is WAYYY better

I hope the rep system doesnt catch on though, Reps change people

My only complaint is that the Black Women Appreciation thread is gone :smh:

You can make the look of the forum wider by going to your profile and editing your account details. As far as the ads, install AdBlockPro. I don't see any of them. (Chrome) Personally, I'm not a fan of the grey under the avatars, should be black. I agree that the top is somewhat clutter as well. Other than that, :pimp:

Yes. Please relocate the ads and allow the page to be the size of the window that is open. I feel like I am on an iPad.

it just feels a lil more up to date/modern i guess. I like the set up alot. much better than that sneaker talk garbage. This is easy to navigate and similar enough that it is still familiar. good job guys

It feel kinda claustrofobic in here but asides from that i like it WAY better than the yuku format..
Page jumping
threads load quicker for me
uploading pics directly from your pc :pimp:

I don't pay anything to be a member of NT and it's brings me entertainment. So what if there are some ads on here. People just want something to complain about.
That is all.

Its just tuff , I been on NT since 2004. The screen was iconic now its a new flow.

Like a Reebot of your favorite TV show , still the same core just a twist on it.

Cons:

-Way too much going on... NT was always great because it had such a simple format
-Looks very similar to other sneaker sites... NT was always different & classy.
-Should've stayed with the black/red color theme... Not feelin the white & different greys
-Messed up post counts

Pros:

-Off Yuku

Last edited:
can't re-size emotions anymore or gifs to emphasize your point..... probably da best attribute NT got when it went from EZ board to Yuku
nthat.gif

Test

I got ABP so i can't see ads...

i did enjoy the minimalist looks of the yuku version mentioned by OP....i don't like the home page, but i link myself to the forums so i don't deal with it...

i wanna take out the grey and make the replies wider....i can't imagine how much longer i have to scroll down the screen to get by DJ Proto's essays

Last edited:
I'm sure after a week, we'll all get used to it.

Its just a lot to take in right away, but it looks promising.

One thing I will miss most about the old NT layout, is THE OLD NT LAYOUT.

Has anyone figured out a way to have the threads you viewed greyed out, so you can keep track of what you have and haven't viewed.

aside from the front page (which looks great), the forums look no different than what nt was with either ezboard or yuku.

there is really not much more you can do to a forum.

this kinda sux,,, maybe itll jus take some getting used to

WTF happened to my join date and how many post i have. I been on here 9 years and it says i only have 562 post.. yea right

Last edited:
+1 on the clutter.  There's no need for the "Recent Discussions, Recent Reviews, New Articles" section at the bottom.  There's too many tabs at the top.  Have the home page be the forum, get rid of the tabs, and have the sponsors below the niketalk header.  That gives us more width for the forum.

Back
Top Bottom