PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

from PS blog

[h1]PlayStation Store Update[/h1]
Posted by Grace Chen // Senior Manager, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone - It's time for the weekly PlayStation Store Update.

PSN Game Sale
In addition to the SEGA game sale detailed earlier, the following games are on sale until January 7, 2010 unless otherwise noted.
  • Bomberman Ultra - $4.99 (revert to regular price on 1/7/10)
  • Worms - $9.99
  • Topatoi - $4.99
  • Armored Core 3 Portable - $9.99 (revert to regular price on 1/21/10)
  • Scrabble - $13.99
  • NFS Underground Rivals - $10.49
  • NFS Carbon - $13.99
  • NFS Most Wanted - $13.99
  • NFS ProStreet - $13.99
  • GI Joe - $27.99
  • Sims 2 - $10.49
  • Commander's Challenge - $6.99
  • Battlefield 1943 - $10.49
  • Hasbro Family Game Night - $29.99
  • Burnout Paradise Ultimate Bundle - $20.99
  • ZOMBIE TYCOON - $4.99
[h3]Downloadable Games[/h3]
Battle Fantasia ($19.99)
Battle Fantasia immerses you into a fantasy world of 12 unique and fun to play characters!
ESRB Rated T
File size: 1.17 GB

Polar Panic ($9.99)
Play through 50 challenging levels and battle Mr. Big in Story Mode. Work your way through all 50 of the fiendish block based puzzles. Survive against never ending waves of trappers in Survivor Mode. Play on your own or with 2-4 players against the trappers and each other in Kills, Points or Last Man Standing variations.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 88 MB

PixelJunk 3-in-1 Pack (Bundle) ($19.99)
Try the slot-car mayhem of PixelJunk Racers, defend your serene forest in PixelJunk Monsters (now also for PSP!), and let the beats consume you as you swing, jump and soar through the swaying gardens of PixelJunk Eden.
213 MB
[h3]PSOne Classics[/h3]
Wing Commander IV ($5.99)
ESRB Rated T
File size: 2.25 GB
[h3]Game Demos (free)[/h3]
MAG Public Beta (Note: the beta isn't playable until Jan 4)
ESRB Rated
File size: 298 MB

LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues Demo
Indy returns in his greatest LEGO adventure yet! Play ALL-NEW levels from The Original Adventures & your favorite new moments from The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, all in the tongue and cheek world of LEGO… Or for the first time, create your own levels, for a true one-of-a-kind experience! New levels, vehicles, characters and modes like two player split-screen, will let you build and battle your way out of trouble like never before!
ESRB Rated E10+
File size: 589 MB

Peggle Demo
Have you got the Peggle fever? Try the demo now to experience the ultimate pinballesque adventure! Unlock the full version to indulge your love for bouncing balls and firework effects by becoming a Peggle Master through 55 levels and 75 challenges. Want to host your own Peggle party? Jump into a local battle or connect online to tackle multiplayer, duel and party modes!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 103 MB

Polar Panic Demo
Play through 50 challenging levels and battle Mr. Big in Story Mode. Work your way through all 50 of the fiendish block based puzzles. Survive against never ending waves of trappers in Survivor Mode. Play on your own or with 2-4 players against the trappers and each other in Kills, Points or Last Man Standing variations.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 88 MB
[h3]Add-on Game Content[/h3]
LittleBigPlanet
The best thing about Sackboy is that you can make him look and act exactly how you want. NOTE: to download this costume, you must already own LittleBigPlanet.
  • LittleBigPlanet Pirates of the Caribbean Will Turner Costume ($1.99)
  • LittleBigPlanet Pirates of the Caribbean Tia Dalma Costume ($1.99)
  • LittleBigPlanet Pirates of the Caribbean Sack Sparrow Costume ($1.99)
  • LittleBigPlanet Pirates of the Caribbean Elizabeth Costume ($1.99)
  • LittleBigPlanet Pirates of the Caribbean Davy Jones Costume ($1.99)
  • LittleBigPlanet Pirates of the Caribbean Barbossa Costume ($1.99)
  • LittleBigPlanet Pirates of the Caribbean Costume Pack ($5.99) - Download this Costume Kit to dress him as six of Pirates of the Caribbean characters - Jack Sparrow, Barbossa, Elizabeth Swann, Will Turner, Davy Jones and Tia Dalma.
  • LittleBigPlanet Pirates of the Caribbean Level Kit ($5.99)
File Sizes 1.04 MB

PAIN: Kato-san Character (free)
The Editor-In-Chief of Japan's "Famitsu" magazine is clearly a high-flyer it comes to gaming. In fact, he's so into games, that he's now into PAIN. That's right, boys and girls, we are pleased to welcome Katsuaki Kato to the launcher. Launch him, Ooch him, smash him, and crash him - he just keeps coming back for more. With his own real voice -over in Japanese, Kato-san's character makes a fantastic addition to the PAIN family. Plus, he's FREE!
File size: 100 KB

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast Ginyu Force Pack (free)
"Dragon Ball: Raging Blast" Character Pack #3 is now available! The third release is the "Ginyu Force Pack!" This pack contains Captain Ginyu, Recoome, Burter, Jeice and Guldo!
File size: 116 KB

Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack Bundle ($24.99)
File size: 2.27 GB

Guitar Hero 5
For all song credits please visit www.guitarhero.com.
  • "Our Song" by Taylor Swift ($1.99)
  • "New" by No Doubt ($1.99)
  • "Harder to Breathe" by Maroon 5 ($1.99)
  • Celebrity New Year's Track Pack ($5.49) - Downloadable Track Pack featuring " Modern Day Delilah", "Lick It Up ", "I Was Made For Lovin' You" by KISS. Please Note: Many songs are available both as singles and as part of a Track Pack, so please carefully consider your purchases before downloading.
  • Hark The Herald Angels Sing By Steve Ouimette (free)
File size: 31 MB - 42 MB (singles), 107 MB (track pack)

Karaoke Revolution 2009
Expand your Karaoke Revolution song library by purchasing these tracks. ($1.99 each)
  • Me and Bobby McGee
  • Pain
  • Celebrity
  • Goodbye Earl
  • Hot Mama
  • Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys
  • Mud On The Tires
  • The Gambler
  • What Was I Thinking
  • Hungry Like The Wolf
File size: 14 MB - 31 MB

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.
  • "Ocean Avenue" - Yellowcard ($1.99)
  • "A Lot Like Me" - The Offspring ($1.99)
  • "Build a Bridge" - Limp Bizkit ($1.99)
  • "Beverly Hills" - Weezer ($1.99)
  • "(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To" - Weezer ($1.99)
  • "Let it All Hang Out" - Weezer ($1.99)
  • Weezer Pack 03 ($5.49) - This pack includes: "Beverly Hills," "(If You're Wondering If I Want You To ) I Want You To," and "Let it All Hang Out" by Weezer.
File sizes: 25 MB - 46 MB (singles), 87 MB (track pack)

PSN Avatars
  • LittleBigPlanet Sackboy PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet MyMoon PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet Craft Earth PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet Xmas Tree PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet Santa PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet Giftboy PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet "Sky" Sackgirl PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet "Marvin" Sackboy PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet "Gloria" Sackgirl PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet "Arr!!!" Sackboy PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet "Lily Pad" PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet "Hugo" PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet "Great Blue" PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet "Frost-E" PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet Planets PSN Avatar Bundle ($0.99)
  • LittleBigPlanet Festive PSN Avatar Bundle ($0.99)
  • LittleBigPlanet Characters 1 PSN Avatar Bundle ($1.25)
  • LittleBigPlanet Animals PSN Avatar Bundle ($1.25)
File sizes: 100-112 KB (individual avatars), 300-400 KB (bundles)
[h3]Game Videos (free)[/h3]
Pulse 12/22 Edition
File size: 291 MB (HD), 490 MB (1080)

Assassin's Creed II Launch Trailer
File size: 72 MB (HD)

Ratchet & Clank Future: ACIT - My Blaster Runs Hot Video
File size: 136 MB (HD)

PixelJunk Shooter Trailer
File sizes: 93 MB (HD), 161 MB (1080)

Trine Trailer
File size: 71 MB (HD)

Chaotic Shadow Warriors Trailer
File size: 36 MB (HD)

Digger HD Trailer
File size: 36 MB (HD)
[h3]Themes[/h3]
Heavy Rain Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
File size: 1.77 MB

PSN Holiday Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
File size: 1.58 MB

Gravity Crash Theme (free)
File size: 1.79 MB

World's End Theme ($1.49)
File size: 5.25 MB

Sorority Winter Break Theme ($1.99)
File size: 5.29 MB

STAR TREK Theme ($1.99)
File size: 4.22 MB

DarkMatter: RedShift Theme (Dark & Alloy Edition) ($1.99)
File size: 5.88 MB

Analog Scream Theme ($1.49)
File size: 6.35 MB
[h3]Wallpaper (free)[/h3]
Gravity Crash Space Wallpaper
File sizes: 174 KB

Gravity Crash Planet Wallpaper
File sizes: 284 KB
[h2]PlayStation Store for PSP[/h2] [h3]Downloadable Games (also available from PS3 storefront)[/h3]
Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign ($9.99)
Protect your mining colony from vicious hordes of invaders- use strategy, skill and very big guns!
ESRB Rated T
File size: 42 MB

Aedis Eclipse ($9.99)
The unique gaming experience offered by Aedis Eclipse comes from the combination of incredible team customization and item crafting on one hand, to the dynamic combat multi-unit battle system, on the other. The PSP format allows gamers to briefly pick up their hand-held to enjoy strategic thinking anytime, anywhere.
ESRB Rated T
File size: 585 MB

Me & My Katamari ($19.99)
The King and the Prince are back in all their brilliance! Take the adventure on the road as the Prince or one of his many cousins, rolling up objects in order to create islands for a bunch of homeless animals.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 1.1 GB

Football Manager Handheld 2010 ($23.99)
Sport's Interactive's best-selling series is back for the new season, fully updated and designed specifically for portable play. Football Manager Handheld[emoji]8482[/emoji] 2010 allows you to experience the thrill of being the boss wherever you are.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 32 MB
[h3]PSP Minis[/h3]
Bowling 3D ($4.99)
ESRB Rated E
File size: 57 MB
[h3]Game Demos (free)[/h3]
Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman! 2 Demo
ESRB Rating Pending
File size: 16 MB

Army of Two: The 40th Day Demo
ESRB Rated M
File size: 221 MB
[h3]Add-on Game Content[/h3]
LocoRoco Midnight Carnival Level Pack ($2.99)
File size: 12.6 MB
[h3]Game Videos (also available from PS3 storefront)[/h3]
Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign Trailer
File size: 39 MB

Obscure: The Aftermath Trailer
File size: 3 MB

BEN 10 Alien Force: Vilgax Attacks Trailer
File size: 20 MB
[h3]PSP Themes (also available from PS3 storefront)[/h3]
Analog Scream PSP Theme 1 ($0.99)
File size: 335 KB

Analog Scream PSP Theme 2 ($0.99)
File size: 329 KB

World's End PSP Theme ($1.49)
File size: 511 KB

Sorority Winter Break PSP Theme ($1.99)
File size: 547 KB

STAR TREK PSP Theme ($1.99)
File size: 526 KB

Pixel Junk bundle is tempting..I put off buying PJ Monsters for awhile
smh.gif

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Damn... Bayonetta getting killed on the reviews for PS3

9.5 from IGN for 360
8.2 for PS3

OUCH! Sega needs to learn how to port a freaking game.

we all saw it coming for what it was

sega must not be up to speed on the latest cell rendering techniques
tired.gif

sup guys,

my bro-in-law has a ps3..and he's a really big RPG fan and like most of yall he's waiting on FFXIII.

but i wanna get him a good RPG that has a good story and also challenging. i was thinking demon's souls would be a good fit for him but throw me some othergood RPG's thanks..

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

sup guys,

my bro-in-law has a ps3..and he's a really big RPG fan and like most of yall he's waiting on FFXIII.

but i wanna get him a good RPG that has a good story and also challenging. i was thinking demon's souls would be a good fit for him but throw me some other good RPG's thanks..

go with Demon souls

Great game

sup guys,

but i wanna get him a good RPG that has a good story and also challenging. i was thinking demon's souls would be a good fit for him but throw me some other good RPG's thanks..

Valkyria Chronicles

Originally Posted by Lrrr

Originally Posted by bustinxjustin

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by GUTTA SAUCE

http://www.sankakucomplex...tasy-xiii-is-a-bad-game/

This game sucks don't buy it.

they should have stuck with the winnning formulas of VII, VIII, VIIII, VIIIII, VIIIIIIIII, VIIIIIIII, and those other old rpgs
dude, your roman numerals suck
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
on a sneaker forum of all places
laugh.gif

Haha I find it funny that I learned my roman numerals because of Jordan's lol

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

sup guys,

Valkyria Chronicles

X2

What's everybody's best time on the GT5 time trial? I'm at 1:42.649 and ranked at 8663rd. It always seems so much easier to drive in real life thanin a game.

Via Infinityward.com

Modern Warfare 2 patched on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC
mp_favela_03rk-1253119243-10232009-580px-1259169010-1261584304.jpg

For the last week or so, the Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer experience has been plagued by a number of issues, across all platforms. Those issues have been targeted by a new patch, which Robert "fourzerotwo" Bowling states has gone live on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

Among the issues addressed are those nasty infinity ammo and Public "private" match issues on the Xbox 360 version, the Prestige hack on PS3 and the texture hack on PC. Also, the 1887 has been balanced on all platforms -- now, you might actually stand a chance against an opponent wielding two of those.

My Take: So how is the new patch? I miss MW2, haven't play in 3 days
frown.gif

Via siliconera.com

Resonance of Fate demo available on Xbox Live and PSN in Japan
resonance1222.jpg

Interested in Resonance of Fate but afraid of being burned by another tri-Ace RPG? If you have access to a Japanese PlayStation Network account or (less likely) a Japanese Xbox 360, you can sample the game today. Sega released a demo of the gunplay RPG in Japan, with a tutorial that Siliconera reports is easy enough to follow along with even in Japanese. We were able to suss out the mechanics during TGS with little issue, but we doubt the downloadable demo includes a Sega rep, as our TGS demo did.

My Take: I need this demo!

Via kotaku.com

Tekken movie poster teased on official Japanese site
tekkenposterjapan580.jpg

Film blog Twitch has spotted the teaser poster for the upcoming Tekken movie on the official Warner Bros. Japan site for the film. We don't want to be overly cynical, but we've had our hearts broken so many times before that it's hard to get excited for any video game-based films -- no matter how spot-on Wushu martial artist Jon Foo looks as Tekken's Jin Kazama.

You know what else we're not fans of? The complete lack of Panda in the teaser poster (check it out after the break). We don't care if the character doesn't appear in the series until the third game, if we don't see an upright Panda punching someone in the face, there's no telling how upset we'll be.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

sup guys,

Valkyria Chronicles

X2
x3 for both of the games
pimp.gif

you should also get Fallout 3 GOTY edition
pimp.gif

i hope they dont ruin that the tekken franchise with that movie...i hope they dont go DBZ on this

Final Fntasy 13 - this guy has played 17 hours of the game so far and he gives his review

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/12/final-fantasy-xiii-preview-2/

With precious few exceptions, the first 17 hours go like this: battle, movie, repeat. There are almost no towns, nonplayable characters to chat up, extra side missions, hidden sequences, fancy equipment to save up for and buy, or reasons to run around and grind enemies for extra level-ups. Heck, there's no need to even wonder what to do next.

this is gonna go down as the worstest ever final fantasy. srsly how u gon have no sidequest or people to chat with and barely no towns? they should just remakesome of the older games cus this is stupid.

Originally Posted by GUTTA SAUCE

Final Fntasy 13 - this guy has played 17 hours of the game so far and he gives his review

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/12/final-fantasy-xiii-preview-2/

With precious few exceptions, the first 17 hours go like this: battle, movie, repeat. There are almost no towns, nonplayable characters to chat up, extra side missions, hidden sequences, fancy equipment to save up for and buy, or reasons to run around and grind enemies for extra level-ups. Heck, there's no need to even wonder what to do next.

this is gonna go down as the worstest ever final fantasy. srsly how u gon have no sidequest or people to chat with and barely no towns? they should just remake some of the older games cus this is stupid.

No, they shouldn't.

I'm still anticipating this game. I'll play it through.... these reviews are disappointing for sure, but SE has came through enough for me to give themthe benefit of the doubt.

Originally Posted by 2sappy

sup guys,

Valkyria Chronicles

X2
x3 for both of the games
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

good looks guys
pimp.gif

its between DS and VC but ill make a desicion soon

Originally Posted by 2sappy

d0nt w0rry about it wrote:

SonOfTony wrote:

sup guys,

but i wanna get him a good RPG that has a good story and also challenging. i was thinking demon's souls would be a good fit for him but throw me some
other good RPG's thanks..

Valkyria Chronicles

X2

x3 for both of the games
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

x4 on VC lol. By far my favourite game that I own.

PS3 is running again. I took matters into my own hands because Sony was $%!$@!@+%%%$ me.

Yesterday, I was on the phone with Sony for a lil over an hour. I was put on hold over 5x and spoke to 3 people (one CSR and two supervisors). They werecharging me 149.99 fee + 13.87 tax + 29 shipping for a refurb PS3 and naw, I was not gonna pay nearly $200 for another refurb since this refurb only lasted me6 months. I explain to all these dudes as much info as possible, I threw everything out them and they wouldn't budge. The first supervisor had the nerve totell me that they bump the original price of the 60GB from 149.99 to 179.99 and they were gonna charge me $30 dollars to my credit card. I was like"$++%@%$#, you already charge me, %$%* that, charge my card again and Ill have you all !%$@$+ in court Monday morning". I went back and forth withdude on words, son told me he never heard of the YLOD on the 60GB, I told him "Oh yeah? Santa is real and got warrants you stupid %$%*". The secondsupervisor was a bit nicer, offer me a brand new Slim +$119 +$29 shipping for the trade in of my 60GB. I declined. I use my backwards compatibility plus my lilbrother got a Slim for Xmas, don't need two of them.

I decided to look elsewhere, something local, fast and positive feedback. Searching Google I found a place called Fuzion Electronics, they are located here inLA. I got my Sherlock Holmes on and did a background check. Craiglist, Ebay, Yelp, Personal websites etc. they came back flawless. Called up there number,spoke to a guy named Lan. I drop off my PS3, came back an hour later and she was finished. I tested it there, ran perfect. My fans actually work efficiently.Got home, put in MW2, no problems. SFIV, no problems. Downloading some demos now off of my JPSN account and gonna try out GT5 demo too. I cant even hear myPS3, fans are madd quite, it sounds like new. Total cost? $90 and it comes with a 3 month warranty AND I got to keep my HDD and all my data.

Merry %$%* You Sony
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Read this off of gaf...

Via boardsus.playstation.com

MY PS3 REFUSED TO BE A VICTIM
So this past Wednesday Dec 16th somebody broke into my apartment while I was at work and stole about 24 ps3 video games, 45 ps3 games, 52 snes games, all of my consoles including my PS3 and components including a PS3 camera. What the thieve didn't know is that I had my PS3 connected to my PSP. As some of you know, once you hook up your PSP to your PS3 you can remotely control your PS3 through your PSP through a local or internet connection. I tried every day, every hour to see if by any chance the thieve connected the PS3 to the internet, surely on Friday Dec 18th at around 11:30pm I was able to turn on the PS3 from my home by using my PSP using my internet connection. I opened a chat room, turned on the camera and surely enough I got to see a close look at the thieves face! (probably looking at it wondering why the PS3 had turned on by itself!!!), with my digital camera readily available I took a picture of the PSP screen with the thieves face!! Called the police and they quickly recognized the person!!!! LONG STORY SHORT, I GOT MY PS3 WITH NO DAMAGE WHATSOEVER AND ALL OF MY GAMES WERE RECOVERED!.

My Take: This is AWESOME!
pimp.gif

sweet!!!
wait, you can do that with your psp/ps3?
eek.gif
that is sweeeeeet.

Back
Top Bottom