Question about mentalkicks.com

Everyone should watch this video (start at 3:25). Even though the guy in it talks in circles and brings up the same thing over and over again, and he sounds like an idiot when he's talking, he makes a lot of great points. Furthermore, he has an email from a family friend that is works in Nike management, and is rather high up. Apparently these early release shoes aren't even made in the same factories, and definitely aren't considered b grades. My guess is they are using a combination of scrapped Nike materials, materials they acquire or produce on their own, and stolen materials (including materials deemed as not up to par) to construct the shoes in other locations. The guy in the video rambles on and on, so do yourself a favor and just start watching at 3:25.

I'm not even sure they are using 100% Nike materials. I'm certain that a lot of it is Nike materials, but what about the beige midsoles on all of those early release white cement 4s? Where did those come from? What about the super flimsy hangtags? Where did those come from? What about when the cement print just looks so so off...maybe they made their own cement print material (or maybe they just snuck off with a sheet that was deemed as flawed and decided to use it for their unauthorized pairs). As time goes on, the ambiguity of how and where these unauthorized pairs are made is becoming more apparent. In retrospect, I think these newer space jams were made using a lot of materials from the recent Bred 11 release. In time I'm sure I'll know every detail about what the hell is exactly going on with this early release phenomenon. I'm getting closer. 

Last edited:
I had purchased Concords from here and they were real shady... The blue tint was WAY too blue, and the milky toe box was like half milky and half not. Like it was mostly milky but not fully. I had pics but they got deleted when I had to restore my iPhone but you could see that it was off. Also, the carbon fiber was very sketchy. One shoe felt like it had no texture to the carbon fiber and felt so smooth. The other was extremely bumpy and felt just off. I no longer have these, I traded for some Carolina Foams. But on a side note I ordered Bred 11's early from them, and they were flawless. Everything was on point, and I still own those. I feel like they're very inconsistent with there products, and are very shady.
mean.gif

Your story reflects a LOT of poeple's experiences with this company. Just way too many quality issues since there is no quality control. Why take the time to make the shoe to Nike's specifications if you don't have to? Just crank the shoes out rapid fire and make a lot more money. 

horrible logic.

car compaines for example say "we're only making xxx amount of cars" when they really make a few more to sell on da side or for parts..

so those are fake cars? lulz.

once you're in da manufacturing industry, its pretty easy to make stuff after hours without authorization and it doesn't make it any less legit

if i took 10000 of these and put jordan's name on em, it doesn't make em fake jordan jerseys because its made of real procuts.

We're not talking about products that ARE authorized to be manufactured, that alone belittles your rebuttal.

And that would make those jerseys fake. It wouldn't be a genuine product of NBA, M&N etc, it would be a custom jersey YOU made.

If I'm working in your factory (not that I ever would), and made extra product on the side for my pocket, I'm sure you'd be yelling my stuff was fake. If the company won't claim it, you can't justify it.

horrible logic.

car compaines for example say "we're only making xxx amount of cars" when they really make a few more to sell on da side or for parts..

so those are fake cars? lulz.

once you're in da manufacturing industry, its pretty easy to make stuff after hours without authorization and it doesn't make it any less legit

if i took 10000 of these and put jordan's name on em, it doesn't make em fake jordan jerseys because its made of real procuts.
We're not talking about products that ARE authorized to be manufactured, that alone belittles your rebuttal.

And that would make those jerseys fake. It wouldn't be a genuine product of NBA, M&N etc, it would be a custom jersey YOU made.
see? this is why this argument is trash, no one accepts that logic in da jersey buying community.

quality control is also irelevant because nike drops plenty of stuff that isn't **** either from a durability stand point.

if they're from official materials then they real period, you can question da ethics all you want after that.

see? this is why this argument is trash, no one accepts that logic in da jersey buying community.

quality control is also irelevant because nike drops plenty of stuff that isn't **** either from a durability stand point.

if they're from official materials then they real period, you can question da ethics all you want after that.

They aren't always made from official materials and the corners they cut are much bigger than the ones JB cuts. Even with the same materials the craftsmanship is much much worse on average. They crank the shoes out in a week fam . No one even cares about ethics.

Last edited:
At the end of the day.. no one will REALLY know what's going on unless they go to the factories or whatever themselves, or are the people selling said Early Pairs.

EDIT:

oops. didnt realize last post was a week ago. my bad. was in my subscriptions lol

Last edited:
Does anyone have experience buying from CitySole.com How is the service? Are their sneakers really legit?

MentalKicks sells B grade shoes! they may sell some legit but they also sell B grades and I have pics to prove it. bought some thunders on there and they were terrible quality. I sent them back and they promised to refund my money for the shipping. that was weeks ago and now they wont even reply to my emails! bottom line i was stupid to trust a company that had no phone number under their contact information. worst customer service ever.

MentalKicks sells B grade shoes! they may sell some legit but they also sell B grades and I have pics to prove it. bought some thunders on there and they were terrible quality. I sent them back and they promised to refund my money for the shipping. that was weeks ago and now they wont even reply to my emails! bottom line i was stupid to trust a company that had no phone number under their contact information. worst customer service ever.

Thanks for Sharing your experience with them.but just so u know, b-grades are legit shoes

Thanks for Sharing your experience with them.but just so u know, b-grades are legit shoes
I wish more people would think about that clearer. B-Grade and replicas are tossed in the same boat, even though they're two different things. One is authentic with crappy quality, the other is just crap.

I wish more people would think about that clearer. B-Grade and replicas are tossed in the same boat, even though they're two different things. One is authentic with crappy quality, the other is just crap.

Yeah.. Everyone uses fake, b-grades and unauthorized as if they're the same thing. When they're all different. Rly irks me

Legit or not it's still not acceptable to rip people off. And you would have never seen a pair of J's in the condition I got them in, In a legit store. Buyer beware!!

Legit or not it's still not acceptable to rip people off. And you would have never seen a pair of J's in the condition I got them in, In a legit store. Buyer beware!!

Nvr said it was.
But someone on NT did buy a pair of cav 4's from a national chain store and they were covered with mold.
**** happens .

Yeah.. Everyone uses fake, b-grades and unauthorized as if they're the same thing. When they're all different. Rly irks me

The real question here is are they a legit company? B grades/fakes it doesn't matter. If they say 100% legit I'm not expecting B grades...I don't walk out of a store with a B grade why would I want to buy one online? Bottom line they rip people off so no they are not a legit company...

The real question here is are they a legit company? B grades/fakes it doesn't matter. If they say 100% legit I'm not expecting B grades...I don't walk out of a store with a B grade why would I want to buy one online? Bottom line they rip people off so no they are not a legit company...

There are so many things wrong with all this.

Ur acting like i said they were a legit company. Nvr did. I was just commenting on the b-grade aspect. B-grades are 100% legit. Nike outlets sell b-grades. Your saying those arent legit?
I'm sorry you got got, but your misinformed.
Nxt time maybe do some research on a site before you order, cause there's plenty of stuff online bout this site selling b grades and/or fakes.

I ordered my 2012 bred 4s from mental kiks when i was a noobie
I now relized how fake they are. The mental kicks pair is a completely different material than the official release pair. The mental licks pair is ****, i emailed them numerous times with no response and the took amlost a month to arrive. Your best bet is to stay away from sites like these, mental kicks is based out of hong kong and they make FAKES.
Buy from flight club
Or wait for them to come out at retailers.

Back
Top Bottom