Question about mentalkicks.com

I personally think grey market kicks are legit as long as they're made on the same assembly line with the same materials and workers all authorized by Nike. The production of an extra pair wasn't authorized by Nike, but everything else was.

I posted this before in the slam dunk space thread, but let me post it again.

Hypothetically speaking - Let's say my boy worked at FoxxConn on the assembly line, he had access to all Apple authorized parts and decided to put together an iPad. Just because Apple didn't authorize production, would you all consider it fake?

I personally wouldn't.

I personally think grey market kicks are legit as long as they're made on the same assembly line with the same materials and workers all authorized by Nike. The production of an extra pair wasn't authorized by Nike, but everything else was.

I posted this before in the slam dunk space thread, but let me post it again.

Hypothetically speaking - Let's say my boy worked at FoxxConn on the assembly line, he had access to all Apple authorized parts and decided to put together an iPad. Just because Apple didn't authorize production, would you all consider it fake?

I personally wouldn't.
They aren't even made in the same factories famb. A lot of the materials are obviously different at times too, so there goes that argument as well. Got any more points you wanna make to try and defend this trash? So that being said, would you by that iPad, for double the price of retail, if you're boy wasn't authorized to build iPads, but was just a worker there? And would you be comfortable knowing he used his own tools to do it, instead of Apple's assembly line? Would you be okay with the fact that some of the internals, and parts aren't the same as the genuine apple parts? So in the end, you'd be okay with getting your early iPad, paying double, with some parts that aren't even made by apple, put together by someone who may or may not know what they are doing? Oh and btw, you're boy would lie to you and say that the iPad is 100% legit and authentic and the exact same thing that rolls out on release date. You'd be okay with that? Because that is what's happening with these grey market sellers like MentallyretardedKicks.

Last edited:
I wish more people would think about that clearer. B-Grade and replicas are tossed in the same boat, even though they're two different things. One is authentic with crappy quality, the other is just crap.
a friend of mine bought a pair of b grade cool grey ix's at a nike outlet on a discount. we knew they were b grades because on the size tag it said b grade!

A lot of people here don't understand what B-Grade is. If a shoe doesn't pass quality control, they take 10 more shoes down the line, don't even inspect them, and then stamp that B on the size tag and keep it moving.

Last edited:
A lot of people here don't understand what B-Grade is. If a shoe doesn't pass quality control, they take 10 more shoes down the line, don't even inspect them, and then stamp that B on the size tag and keep it moving.
exactly so in my mind if it doesnt have the b grade stamp on it, its not a b grade just a good fake. even the receipt mentioned it was a discount due to condition, so all this they're b grades talk without nike themselves stating its a b grade is bs to me.

Yeah...it's just more ignorance. These shoes aren't b grades. A pair of shoes can't be unauthorized AND b grade. It doesn't make sense.

a friend of mine bought a pair of b grade cool grey ix's at a nike outlet on a discount. we knew they were b grades because on the size tag it said b grade!
I'm not sure why you quoted me for that...unless you were trying to prove my point that B-Grades are authentic but poor quality.

I'm not sure why you quoted me for that...unless you were trying to prove my point that B-Grades are authentic but poor quality.
i quoted you to use you as an example because you stated b grades and replicas are in the same boat, which i obivously disagree with. i hope i didnt offend you though.

i quoted you to use you as an example because you stated b grades and replicas are in the same boat, which i obivously disagree with. i hope i didnt offend you though.
Ha. You misread my quote, read it again:

B-Grade and replicas are tossed in the same boat, even though they're two different things.

Lots of people think they're one and the same, even though they clearly are not.

You and I are in the same boat.
tongue.gif

Last edited:
Some people defend this site some people dont. My question is has anyone tried taking a pair of sneakers they got from Mentalkicks and tried sellin em in Flight Club.... I wanna see whats gonna happen. Let me know!

out of curiosity, what kinda discount do you get at the outlet for a b grade?  Let's say for a $160 retail retro IV or something?

Lol. Flight club is ******ed.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I gurantee you they have taken sneakers from Mentalkicks and sold them. Some people in here probably have sneakers from Mentakicks that were from Flight Club. Flight club are full of idiots who know nothing about sneakers,

out of curiosity, what kinda discount do you get at the outlet for a b grade?  Let's say for a $160 retail retro IV or something?
my buddy got his cool grey ix's for $123 and the craziest thing is they had the b grade stamp on them and we still cant find what the defect is.

Theyll tell you theyre fake which they are and reject them

They won't take your shoe just look at how many sites sell the db 4s for 500 flightclub sells them for 1000 take Away the 20 percent they take u would end up with 800 a huge flip but they won't take the shoe same thing goes with they ray Allen 13s

I also  bought a pair of BC III from mental kicks you can see that in my avatar, overall, shoes have some flaws like loose thread on the tongue jumpman but that's pretty much it. Just thought I would share my experience, my order came in 2 weeks, I guess i was lucky that i didn't select the express shipping cuz they are going to take a long time from overseas.

They aren't even made in the same factories famb. A lot of the materials are obviously different at times too, so there goes that argument as well. Got any more points you wanna make to try and defend this trash? So that being said, would you by that iPad, for double the price of retail, if you're boy wasn't authorized to build iPads, but was just a worker there? And would you be comfortable knowing he used his own tools to do it, instead of Apple's assembly line? Would you be okay with the fact that some of the internals, and parts aren't the same as the genuine apple parts? So in the end, you'd be okay with getting your early iPad, paying double, with some parts that aren't even made by apple, put together by someone who may or may not know what they are doing? Oh and btw, you're boy would lie to you and say that the iPad is 100% legit and authentic and the exact same thing that rolls out on release date. You'd be okay with that? Because that is what's happening with these grey market sellers like MentallyretardedKicks.

It's almost all coming from Nike factories. Do you remember the restock of the Jordan XI Space Jam that happened last year? Well it seems like all those pairs were made using left over material from the Concords. You got to understand that the factories overseas are not monitored by the company (in this case Nike) , but are policed by themselves. The person in charge of the factory doesn't care, he's still going to see money from Nike and a get a kick back on top of that for letting some kicks go on the side. Let's say Nike ordered 1,000 pairs of a shoe, but the factory had enough materials to make 1,100 pairs of the shoe. They'll make there 1,000 for Nike and do what they will with extra 100 pairs. It's grimey out there man, you got factory workers making pennies an hour, for sure they're going to try to up their salary by doing some business on the side.

The only thing I'm 99% sure is fake, is the boxes that get sent out with these shoes. Notice how some sites when selling XIs before release date don't have the final retail box? It's cause the shoes and boxes are made in different factories. The shoes usually get made first, boxes come later down the line. I remember when the cement 3's dropped early sites were shipping in regular Jordan boxes. Then I think EL store or Marqueesole got a hold of the real box with the cement print. The picture looked like the box was folded into someones jacket and stolen out the factory. http://www.soleshock.com/wp-content...dan-iii-white-cement-available-on-ebay-02.jpg

You do know FoxxConn is the company that makes Apples products right? So my hypothetical situation, the person making the iPad who is an authorized FoxxConn Apple product assembler employee is using the tools, parts, and same assembly line as the iPads that hit retail stores.

Last edited:
Very simple concept people...
  1. Nike,inc hires factories in china to produce their shoes for a specific period of time
  2. Factories in china produced shoes for Nike, inc which they distributed worldwide
  3. Factories in china continue to produce Nike shoes that are not released to Nike, inc but instead to other outlets
Here are the QAs
  1. Are these shoes fake? 
    No, they are produced by the same manufacturer that Nike, Inc hires to produce their shoes

2. Are these shoes unauthorized releases?
    Yes, If Nike, Inc does not consent the release of these shoes

Back
Top Bottom