Question for IT professionals...

I am going to be graduating with a Communication/Psychology degree in December and would like to get into the IT field. I don't have enough money to goback to school for more than a year (moving in January) and do not have any current certifications. I have worked in a computer lab handling A/V equipment forthe last year and a half and have a pretty sound knowledge of software and hardware, web design, Mac OSX and Windows, limited database experience, I know mostAdobe programs, and I think that's about it.

I like the idea of getting my CompTIA certifications (A+, N+, Server) but without a degree in Information Systems or Computer Science would I be able to findwork?

Any other information that might help?

I appreciate the input.

You'll fair well with your certifications, experience is the key. Just get your foot in the door, you can make it far with your current degree +certifications. I'm actually about to work on getting a few just to boost my credentials. I graduated with a degree in management information systems.

^ Yeah, that's what I should have majored in. However, I need over 50 hours to complete that, so it won't be happening.

Back
Top Bottom