question, why do black people think their culture is "the most emulated"

i was talking to what seemed to be a regular guy until someone mentioned rosary beads and how "brothers" tend to use them as a fashion statement as opposed to religious. the black guy then went on to say what i've heard infrequently that blacks are under a microscope since they are the most followed in terms of culture.
thoughts?

oh and he likened rosary beads to a Jesus piece.

i was talking to what seemed to be a regular guy until someone mentioned rosary beads and how "brothers" tend to use them as a fashion statement as opposed to religious. the black guy then went on to say what i've heard infrequently that blacks are under a microscope since they are the most followed in terms of culture.
thoughts?

oh and he likened rosary beads to a Jesus piece.

nerd.gif

You serious OP? Everyone wanna be a .... but dont wanna be a .... I see an Asian dude at the outlets looking like hes wearing 2000 edition of Blackface du-rag and all. NTers please tell me why an Asian male needs a du-rag on?

You serious OP? Everyone wanna be a .... but dont wanna be a .... I see an Asian dude at the outlets looking like hes wearing 2000 edition of Blackface du-rag and all. NTers please tell me why an Asian male needs a du-rag on?

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

roll.gif
 im filipino i admit i wore a durag when i was in middle school and yes i thought i was doin it

roll.gif
 im filipino i admit i wore a durag when i was in middle school and yes i thought i was doin it

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

roll.gif
but why?

To be honest 10 I really don't have the energy to go THAT in depth on this,but there are in fact CERTAIN aspects of "Black culture" that were and are being copied heavily worldwide.
Personally I don't have a problem with it,but I do have a problem (or where the problem comes in) is when people who participate in
those aspects of "Black culture" straight up $+%! on the creators/originators of said culture.
laugh.gif
I can't speak on the Rosary $+%! though man.

To be honest 10 I really don't have the energy to go THAT in depth on this,but there are in fact CERTAIN aspects of "Black culture" that were and are being copied heavily worldwide.
Personally I don't have a problem with it,but I do have a problem (or where the problem comes in) is when people who participate in
those aspects of "Black culture" straight up $+%! on the creators/originators of said culture.
laugh.gif
I can't speak on the Rosary $+%! though man.

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

roll.gif
but why?

Back
Top Bottom