Questions about the 1996 Nissan Maxima.

I'm interested in buying a 1996 Nissan Maxima from this guy from a local car forum, Houston-Imports.com to be exact. I made this thread to learn about your personal experience and opinions about this car.

Is it reliable? Is it a gas guzzler? Is it dependable? And so on.

I've read some reviews online and a lot of people have said that it is a reliable, roomy and nice car. I just wanted to know NT's experiences and opinions about this car.

Notice: I'm only 19 and I just need a used car to start off with, so that's why I'm asking this question.

Thanks in advance.

I'm interested in buying a 1996 Nissan Maxima from this guy from a local car forum, Houston-Imports.com to be exact. I made this thread to learn about your personal experience and opinions about this car.

Is it reliable? Is it a gas guzzler? Is it dependable? And so on.

I've read some reviews online and a lot of people have said that it is a reliable, roomy and nice car. I just wanted to know NT's experiences and opinions about this car.

Notice: I'm only 19 and I just need a used car to start off with, so that's why I'm asking this question.

Thanks in advance.

Loved the 95-99 Maxima's. My family had a 1996 SE and drove it until 90,000+ miles.

It is a pretty reliable/dependable car and was widely appreciated for the quality of the engine.

I don't remember the gas mileage exactly but I bet it's in the 20's range for city/highway. Nissan recommends premium but will run on regular.

Let me know what other questions you have.

Loved the 95-99 Maxima's. My family had a 1996 SE and drove it until 90,000+ miles.

It is a pretty reliable/dependable car and was widely appreciated for the quality of the engine.

I don't remember the gas mileage exactly but I bet it's in the 20's range for city/highway. Nissan recommends premium but will run on regular.

Let me know what other questions you have.

Its a Steal! No Literally is one of the most stolen vehicles to date!.. A lot of robbers target those Maximas either for the rims or just parts overall

solid car, I have been rollin in a 97 maxima for the past 6 years with no major problems. Got about 125k miles on it btw

Its a Steal! No Literally is one of the most stolen vehicles to date!.. A lot of robbers target those Maximas either for the rims or just parts overall

solid car, I have been rollin in a 97 maxima for the past 6 years with no major problems. Got about 125k miles on it btw

My gf owns a 99, have driven it and they haul #@@.
pimp.gif

So far, this seems like a great car. I've been hearing a lot of positive things about it. Thanks for the feedback, NT.
pimp.gif

Hodog16 - You've got mail.

SoLeCiTy - Word? If I do end up buying this car, I hope I don't get jacked. It's pretty ridiculous out here in Houston, though.
30t6p3b.gif

So far, this seems like a great car. I've been hearing a lot of positive things about it. Thanks for the feedback, NT.
pimp.gif

Hodog16 - You've got mail.

SoLeCiTy - Word? If I do end up buying this car, I hope I don't get jacked. It's pretty ridiculous out here in Houston, though.
30t6p3b.gif

IMO, you should try to find a 93-94 Camry. Those cars are tanks, just give it its regular oil changes and they will never fail. My first car was a 4 cylinder 94 Camry (Bought it off my pops @ 200k miles
30t6p3b.gif
) drove it for 3 1/2 years and it is still running strong @ 280k miles, (It was driven to mexico city btw) My mom is driving it now and all we have done to it is change the tires and oil changes.
pimp.gif

IMO, you should try to find a 93-94 Camry. Those cars are tanks, just give it its regular oil changes and they will never fail. My first car was a 4 cylinder 94 Camry (Bought it off my pops @ 200k miles
30t6p3b.gif
) drove it for 3 1/2 years and it is still running strong @ 280k miles, (It was driven to mexico city btw) My mom is driving it now and all we have done to it is change the tires and oil changes.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom