R.I.P Kobe Bryant.

3f697f4af58f4aed16aaa821ef5de6e5.jpg

06-07 was my favorite kobe
Phil let him finally fly. They were a much better team when they added Gasol though. I think Bryant learned he couldn't do it all on his own no matter how much he tried. Jackson knew how to get the greatness though.

This guy Kobe was so amazing to watch play ball. When I first really got into watching basketball as a kid, it was all about Kobe and the Lakers. Loved every minute of the playoffs and 3 straight finals they won and getting so hyped with my dad watching Kobe and Shaq destroy people on the court. Then Shaq left and I started to think Kobe wouldnt win another ring and he was gonna leave LA but they finally got back to the finals and won back to back! So amazing that I got to witness his era of greatness and I’ll never forget thinking to myself in the later part of his career, “Man, Kobe never gonna fall off! This man is STILL cold as ice!”

I also remember back when we thought we were actually going to get to see him and Lebron play against each other in the 09’ finals not long before Lebron went to the heat, but Orlando wasn’t having it lol. But that next season they had the nike commercials with the Kobe and Lebron puppet, and they had one where Lebron puppet was watching tv, and the tv kept showing them Kobe highlights and Lebron was getting annoyed lmao! I used to randomly walk around the house and blurt out exactly what the dude said on the commercial, “WHAT MAKES KOBE BRYANT SO UN-STOPPABLE?!?!?!” 😂😢 I’m sad he’s gone, but he’s still UNSTOPPABLE!

God Bless Kobe Bean Bryant, Rest in heaven.

Such a heavy loss. Transcendent. All the love and respect to the Bryant family, others involved, as well as everyone surrounding. Peace be in the Heavens and healing on this Earth. Embrace all the moments around you and spread goodness while we have the time. Rest in Peace.

I was in the JR NBA in the late 90s, it was ran by Byron Scott and Reggie Miller. We used to have our games in the Rancho Cienega gym behind Dorsey High. So the season was over and a bunch of kids were there for practice, me included. So about an hour in, here comes a 16 year old Kobe, and I get why he was there because I'm paying attention to a conversation B. Scott is having with a middle aged bald guy,who I soon learned was his dad. So the conversation. Between the two is going like yea he wants to go pro straight out of school but I dont think the dedication is there(Joes words). So Kobe tired of being criticized comes onto the court and starts shooting around with me and about 3 to 4 other kids in the league. B. Scott and Joe are watching on the sideline continuing to chat, B. Scott must have agreed with Joe because he comes out on the court and makes us play 1 on 1 up to 16 to test this dedication theory. I actually won that game, kobe stayed cool with me and he even gave me his draft day jacket from the hornets. This hit hard because we both started going to UCLA around the same time,and he was the reason I took up Italian after watching him flex at a press conference. Im trying to hold it all together but yea that was my dog. He'll always live to me

As mentioned earlier it's just so random and bizarre that this involved one of the biggest names in sports. Seeing his face in Black and White with his life dates just feels like a strange joke. Like, no, not Kobe. :smh:

Still cant believe it. A part of my childhood died. I remember watching games back in 98-99 with my dad and he said can you believe our Celts took Antoine over Kobe. He reminded me every chance he got when we saw Kobe play that I was watching one of the great ones and that these kinds of dudes dont come around often.

RIP Kobe and Gianna. May you rest in peace and enjoy the kingdom of heaven.

I don't get torn up when celebrities pass, but what a kick to the stomach this was. Feel awful for those close to him, his daughter, and the other lives that were lost in the crash.

Back
Top Bottom