R.I.P Kobe Bryant.

Did they ever it conclude what his statue at Staples gonna look like?

They should put 8 on the front, 24 on the back of the Jersey. Came in 8 and left 24. Low ceaser as middle ground for the fro and baldie. Reverse dunk pose.
I don't think it's out of the question for them to make two. One with the fro doing the reverse dunk, the other with the low cut pointing to the crowd. Maybe include his daughter next to that one.

Still hard to process. Even though he's 5 years older than me I still think of him as a teenager fresh in the league.

The LAST thing I want to know is that this was avoidable :frown:
Anything is avoidable. But Im hoping it was a rare crazy accident. If we find out the pilot was trying to do some scud running or just relying on his veteran ability, i would be devastated. All this human beings lives in his hands

I’m not gonna post it in this thread because I’m not posting anything for likes but I watched a clip from ABC Los Angeles and it had audio from a nest cam by where the helicopter crashed and the sound is chilling.

d8fafbf84df29209ce2b889b39561490--lakers-kobe-black-mamba.jpg

Talk about the biggest plot twist in life :smh: man. Aside from that freaky guess on Twitter, no one saw this coming. Man... gonna be an emotional all Star break and an emotional finals, especially if Lakers are there... It's almost like, just cancel the season. Whoever has the best record, crown them the champs and start back up in October when people have a more clear mind.

Only 2 situations that feel like as big as this is the oj case and of course the absolute wildest is 9/11. Both had media in a frenzy and everyone was talking about it. They had the social media buzz before social media.

Last edited:
Posted in TAN:

My cousin was a PT for the NO Pelican’s at one point. I remember asking him what was it like to meet Kobe - ******* like MJ?

He said surprisedly, the total opposite. He said Kobe gives you his undivided attention. When he met Elijah (his son) he made him feel as if he’s the only kid that mattered to him at that moment.

That says a lot.

Man it’s heart breaking to hear about this...You only die once.

As a father with a 13 year old daughter - I can’t imagine what he was doing and saying at that very moment. What can you say? But hold them tight so they can know you love them...

Talk about the biggest plot twist in life :smh: man. Aside from that freaky guess on Twitter, no one saw this coming. Man... gonna be an emotional all Star break and an emotional finals, especially if Lakers are there... It's almost like, just cancel the season. Whoever has the best record, crown them the champs and start back up in October when people have a more clear mind.

Only 2 situations that feel like as big as this is the oj case and of course the absolute wildest is 9/11. Both had media in a frenzy and everyone was talking about it. They had the social media buzz before social media.
Michael Jackson death was pretty big. People was flying from overseas to show their love in LA.

TMZ head Harvey Levin claims ‘Kobe’s people’ gave approval to publish crash story
By Tamar Lapin

January 28, 2020 | 10:37pm

Harvey Levin

Harvey LevinGetty Images
Harvey Levin, the founder of TMZ, said Tuesday the outlet had the OK from “Kobe’s people” to break news of the helicopter crash that killed NBA legend Kobe Bryant, his 13-year-old daughter and seven other people.

Law enforcement authorities had slammed the tabloid news website for publishing the story about Bryant’s death before authorities had notified family members of the victims.

But, in an interview with LA radio station KNX’s “In-Depth,” Levin defended his site, saying it dealt with the hoops star’s reps and got permission before going to press.

“We dealt with Kobe’s people … and we were told very clearly that she had been notified,” Levin said, appearing to refer to Bryant’s widow, Vanessa.

When asked about the families of the other victims being notified, Levin said, “That is a fair point.”

Levin said he initially got the tip from a longtime law enforcement source and then called reps for the 41-year-old retired Los Angeles Lakers star.

“We were dealing with them for an hour before we published the story and they said, ‘Go for it,'” he said.

Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva had blasted the outlet during a press conference Sunday when explaining to reporters why he couldn’t confirm the identities of those aboard the downed chopper.

“It would be extremely disrespectful to understand that your loved one perished and you learn about it from TMZ,” Villanueva said. “That is just wholly inappropriate.”

Asked about the sheriff’s statements, Levin reiterated: “We confirmed it … and they said ‘Go for it’ and they said she knew. So I’m not sure what he’s saying on that.”

“We’re not law enforcement and he’s not a journalist. We do different things,” Levin added.

Back
Top Bottom