R.I.P Kobe Bryant.

Let's get this thread back on track.

Yep, glad the feds came through and are on notice now.

I just peeped the tweet about the two AS teams wearing #2 and #24 and the jerseys will have patches with nine stripes or something for the fallen victims. Glad to see the league doing right by this legend in light of this unexpected tragedy

#8/24....had to be an 8....favorite model of the entire line.
405F9FD8-52A4-4219-BE24-BE7B7935C372.jpeg

RIP Mamba 😞

Does anyone know if the tribute t-shirts they gave at the game will be for sale from an actual merchant?

I wish they put those tribute shirts from the game was put up for preorder/made-to-order instead of the patch.

Man that Moss piece was heartfelt.

That's crazy to hear Jerry Rice saying how Kobe inspired him. I know Jerry does and says funny stuff sometimes just to stay in the spotlight but this is one time I don't doubt him. I forgot he still was in the twilight of his career when Kobe was getting started.

This hurts less now and i HATE that.

what that means is this is a real thing, he really is gone and my mind has finally become able to wrap itself around that fact.

words cant describe how much i dont want to think about kobe in past tense terms.

hate that he’s gone man. I REALLY do. Smh s*** just saddens tf outta me.

It still hasn’t sunk in yet that they’re no longer with us.

The fact that we’ll go on but they have concluded with their lives. I hope that wherever they are, that they have found tranquility and an even greater love. This world is not easy so it’s a well deserved rest.

They have aired his 60 point (last game) a few times now. Drawn to the TV when its on. His press conf after that game was hard to watch. He seemed extremely happy with his decision. He earned every bit of accolade he received. I am just glad he at least was able to see and feel that appreciation.

Was really bittersweet getting these in today. Had always wanted a pair, but just never got around to them. Was making offers on Goat for about a week before last Sunday, then the news broke, decided to just pull the trigger, fully expecting the seller to cancel and sell for more. Hats off to them for honoring the sale.
BEF6E3C1-DE59-443D-B4CF-99AC13DF3B93.jpeg

This is interesting, because we've never had an NBA player with a sig shoe line pass away. It must be complicated for a sneaker company to deal with, contractually. Iverson's deal with Reebok was lifetime, so I wonder if Kobe's deal with Nike had any such loopholes or obligation clauses.

Since his name was no longer associated with Adidas, especially with their calling what was his old line Crazy 1 -8, I guess Adidas will probably handle further retro's respectfully. However, they were already under no obligations to Bryant.

It will be interesting to see how nike will handle this, without looking like grave robbers.

This is interesting, because we've never had an NBA player with a sig shoe line pass away. It must be complicated for a sneaker company to deal with, contractually. Iverson's deal with Reebok was lifetime, so I wonder if Kobe's deal with Nike had any such loopholes or obligation clauses.

Since his name was no longer associated with Adidas, especially with their calling what was his old line Crazy 1 -8, I guess Adidas will probably handle further retro's respectfully. However, they were already under no obligations to Bryant.

It will be interesting to see how nike will handle this, without looking like grave robbers.
Theyre gonna wait an x amount of time and then whatever sneaker they drop first is gonna have proceeds go to charity, something kobe related

I was thinking about this and if they wanna do justice to the kobe brand, I think it would be right to continue the flagship model. Maybe bring back some of the designers like Eric avar recognized for designing early low cut kobe models. That way the attention isn't diverted to retros only and they can keep the kobe line fresh. I have a feeling the protro line will stagnate now that nobody is pushing for improving tech. I dunno but nike basketball really doesn't appeal to me anymore. I tried the kd's and the kyries but they don't fit like high tops and aren't fine tuned. New balance omn1s tho

Back
Top Bottom