Ramadan Vol.

Luckily its been easy for me so far, but I feel like ive gained weight.
mean.gif

i've experienced this bolt of energy from not eating myself. I don't know why it happens but I felt it a couple times...I'm not muslim but there were periods where I couldn't eat and I felt tired/lazy/cranky but I had to push through it and I got energy from no where.

There was another time where I didn't eat for 18 hours and I felt like I was gonna go crazy though....like talking to myself crazy.
Glycogen. 

Just a random question, but how are the Muslim athletes holding up at the Olympics? 

I was watching Morocco play soccer the other day and I thought there is no way they could be fasting and play a full soccer game without food/drinks. 

Just a random question, but how are the Muslim athletes holding up at the Olympics? 

I was watching Morocco play soccer the other day and I thought there is no way they could be fasting and play a full soccer game without food/drinks. 

From IBTimes... (http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/369...ics-saudi-judoka-headscarf-muslim-ramadan.htm)

"The London organizers are reportedly open to accommodating the needs of the 3,500 Muslim athletes participating in the London Olympics, which happen to coincide with the Islamic holy month of Ramadan when Muslims are obliged to not eat or drink anything from sunrise to sunset.

"It will be difficult, but it is Ramadan," Qatari sprinter Noor al-Malki was quoted saying by the New York Times. "You have to respect Ramadan. But I want to make a new national record. If there is a problem with that, I will not make Ramadan."

Though many Muslim Olympians in London may opt against fasting, some have relied on religious rulings which exempt sportspeople from the Ramadan fast.

U.A.E.'s soccer team has been given approval to break its fast by the country's Department of Islamic Affairs on grounds that the athletes are required to fast unless they remain in one place for longer than four days.

Regardless of the number of the athletes observing the fast, the Olympic organizers are well-prepared to assist the Muslim athletes and have arranged for more than 150 clerics and a good stock of fast-breaking packages including dates, halal meat and other traditional foods. "

First and foremost, Ramadan mubarak to all of my Muslim brothers and sisters.
This time time of the year is one of my favorite. It provides me the opportunity to let go of all the negative and digressive thoughts.
I actually just got back from the gym after running a little more than a mile, and also lifting weights for a solid half-hour - not mention hitting the sauna for 10 minutes or so without any water or food, and I feel great so far. I thought I wasn't going to make it, but it felt as if I was gaining more energy and stamina as I kept going.
It's a great feeling.

Damn lucky lol, I tried to workout one day while I was fasting but it wasn't working for me, it was like over 100 degrees and didn't eat much at night. So my input is hydrate yourself at night, drink alot water and you'll be fine. I go to the gym at night like 12am, before i hit the gym I drink a red bull and I'm good to go for an hour or more and drink plenty of water when I'm there.

Back
Top Bottom