Pm me daystar
And I’ll run the fade
I don’t even ig or fb like that
So u ain’t gotta worry about me recording nothin or letting folks know
I really don’t like u

:lol:

Bet you won't pull to his next Oakland show

ThunderousClumsyDuckbillcat-size_restricted.gif

This podcast has some potential. I love Vince take in the first few minutes on hiphop not really being as lopsided as it may seem. He basically states that the untalented cats are rinse & recyclable, don't have their business in order the majority of the times, and that the real creatives are getting paid the most. which i sort of agree with in MOST cases.

This was super dope, but Vince Staples is annoying as hell. He knows what he’s talking about, but son be talking over OGs.:lol:

I like Vince and he seems like a very smart dude, but son be going a mile a minute.

EDIT:

RE: Torey:

How you tell someone to handle bings like a man when he comes up to you when he sees you to speak about the issue y’all have.

Walls closing in on Torey.:lol:

Last edited:
Vince Staples rambles alot but during his streams of consciousness he dropped a few gems.

When he spoke on Art and Commerce and how Hip-Hop factors into that...I had to salute.

The game was bought and sold a LONG time ago...and alot of your favorite rappers/moguls were responsible for it...no matter how dope their music might have been. That's why I can only laugh when ****** start talking about "gatekeepers" and "preserving culture".

Tuh.

The idealized "culture" of Hip Hop that people want to believe in doesn't actually exist. Why doesn't Waka Flocka go ban the jews that forced him to go sit at another table cause he wasn't an earner for them anymore?

To piggy back off another thing he said...remove all labels and genres away and what you have is a spirit of BLACK music that influences the world and it changes it's face every few generations. At this point...i'm waiting for the next evolution of what that is and hopefully the commercial structure it operates in doesn't fall into white people's... the wrong hands.

Vince Staples rambles alot but during his streams of consciousness he dropped a few gems.

When he spoke on Art and Commerce and how Hip-Hop factors into that...I had to salute.

The game was bought and sold a LONG time ago...and alot of your favorite rappers/moguls were responsible for it...no matter how dope their music might have been. That's why I can only laugh when *****s start talking about "gatekeepers" and "preserving culture".

Tuh.

The idealized "culture" of Hip Hop that people want to believe in doesn't actually exist. Why doesn't Waka Flocka go ban the jews that forced him to go sit at another table cause he wasn't an earner for them anymore?

To piggy back off another thing he said...remove all labels and genres away and what you have is a spirit of BLACK music that influences the world and it changes it's face every few generations. At this point...i'm waiting for the next evolution of what that is and hopefully the commercial structure it operates in doesn't fall into white people's... the wrong hands.

Vince Comparing Hip-Hop to Art sounded slick in the beginning until i further analyzed it a bit & it's the same old thought that artist shouldn't get paid or that "true" artist are broke. While i do believe in the concept that hiphop doesn't demand the monetary value of other forms of Art, it does (The Good Hiphop atleast) hold value and worth through the years & Times. Illmatic is 25+ in and is still referenced constantly, Classes are being taught on tupac's discography, it's still something that the hiphop culture holds in high regards.

His comparison to art kind of throws me off because while the artist may not get recognition for their art until years later, it's usually due to capitalism & Influence from the rich. Their are plenty of art dealers who treat art the way execs treat rap, they may not have true understanding of the artform, it may mean nothing to them. but a few people in the know stamp it & now it's the art dealers job to promote & create hype.

This idea that the "culture" doesn't exist or that we don't control it only happens when we look at it in monetary forms & from a "mainstream" view point. like they were saying on the show their are plenty of artist who exist, tour & release great music w/o the backing of the label or mainstream media. The problem is that at some point mainstream media tricked people into thinking they are the culture & that they dictate things because they back more money into it.

Vince Comparing Hip-Hop to Art sounded slick in the beginning until i further analyzed it a bit & it's the same old thought that artist shouldn't get paid or that "true" artist are broke. While i do believe in the concept that hiphop doesn't demand the monetary value of other forms of Art, it does (The Good Hiphop atleast) hold value and worth through the years & Times. Illmatic is 25+ in and is still referenced constantly, Classes are being taught on tupac's discography, it's still something that the hiphop culture holds in high regards.

His comparison to art kind of throws me off because while the artist may not get recognition for their art until years later, it's usually due to capitalism & Influence from the rich. Their are plenty of art dealers who treat art the way execs treat rap, they may not have true understanding of the artform, it may mean nothing to them. but a few people in the know stamp it & now it's the art dealers job to promote & create hype.

This idea that the "culture" doesn't exist or that we don't control it only happens when we look at it in monetary forms & from a "mainstream" view point. like they were saying on the show their are plenty of artist who exist, tour & release great music w/o the backing of the label or mainstream media. The problem is that at some point mainstream media tricked people into thinking they are the culture & that they dictate things because they back more money into it.

That's not what he said at all. He specifically spoke on hip-hop having an industry that is DRIVEN by commerce and materialism and. An art dealer's job is to SELL art. The art dealer isn't influencing the artist on what to make. There is no fine art equivalent of a "radio record". Basquiat wasn't saying..."damn I gotta use these brush strokes cause artist a, b, c, and d are doing this and this is what's popping". He's not submitting a painting to an art dealer for the art dealer to tell him..."hmm...you know what I think you should make this like this so it will sell more". Art is supposed to appreciate. The guy that copped a Picasso for 100 million can flip that down the line.

How much can you or Nas sell Illmatic for right now? I know how much the publishing company that owns it can sell it for.

Last edited:
That's not what he said at all. He specifically spoke on hip-hop having an industry that is DRIVEN by commerce and materialism and. An art dealer's job is to SELL art. The art dealer isn't influencing the artist on what to make. There is no fine art equivalent of a "radio record". Basquiat wasn't saying..."damn I gotta use these brush strokes cause artist a, b, c, and d are doing this and this is what's popping". He's not submitting a painting to an art dealer for the art dealer to tell him..."hmm...you know what I think you should make this like this so it will sell more". Art is supposed to appreciate. The guy that copped a Picasso for 100 million can flip that down the line.

How much can you or Nas sell Illmatic for right now? I know how much the publishing company that owns it can sell it for.

A few things... you are crazy if you don't believe there are certain artist who appropriate a certain kind of style in order to try & draw more interest, which will lead to more money. Basquiat himself was literally turned down from art galleries for years because dealers didn't think his "Style" could sell or that it wasn't as "interesting" as prominent white artist. It was too "street"

While the Art dealer may not directly influence what an artist makes, they absolutely can influence the market & what is looked at as exclusive or cool in the art world. No different from Chief Keef Organically developing the Drill sound & Jimmy Iovine seeing it & putting a machine around it to take it from the hoods of the Chi to a multi country profitable thing.

Mr. Brainwash is the literal definition of a "Radio Record" pretty much stole designs, used fake endorsements from popular artist, & created hype. Big art dealers came in after & helped to spread the word & boost the price.

Also Considering Nas piece of art isn't singular & is digested differently from a painting he can continue to make money off of the album throughout time as opposed to an artist who sold that one copy for 10K, passed away and now some art dealer who could give a **** about the artist is selling it for 10 million. Different kind of Art same game, the Artist doesn't have full control of the Art. And the GREAT pieces of Art in hiphop music are usually done with emotion, stories, reality & art put first. Obviously they want the money to come, but Nas wasn't making Illmatic sacrificing the art for Money, Jay wasn't making Reasonable Doubt sacrificing the art to chase the money, etc etc The highest regarded pieces of art were usually made with quality being the main focus. and money afterwards.

This was super dope, but Vince Staples is annoying as hell. He knows what he’s talking about, but son be talking over OGs.:lol:

I like Vince and he seems like a very smart dude, but son be going a mile a minute.

EDIT:

RE: Torey:

How you tell someone to handle bings like a man when he comes up to you when he sees you to speak about the issue y’all have.

Walls closing in on Torey.:lol:
Yea I wanted to get into but Vince wouldn’t let me.

Back
Top Bottom