Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

If I recall, Kanye's circle tried giving him that, "pedal into it" push. Also, "You Got Served" has ruined Pump It Up.

I'm not sure about the bracket you speak of but Lupe in particular came from a different era and after F&L 2 he just stopped being embraced commercially. Early on I dont think he was ever really chasing the mainstream ("Kick, Push" wasnt even supposed to be a single. It was a song for his friend who owned a skate shop that was having an event, it just happened to pop), the **** was just undeniable dope so radio had no choice. His fall from grace so to speak was so fast it makes people often forget about him which is why he's not mentioned as much. Coming up next to Kanye aint help either

I was a huge Lupe fan at one point, loved his Fahrenheit mixtapes and his first 2 albums. However, Lasers was terrible minus a couple songs and he lost me as a fan a bit with the whole ATCQ fiasco. He seemed to never fully recover after those things.

If I recall, Kanye's circle tried giving him that, "pedal into it" push. Also, "You Got Served" has ruined Pump It Up.
Yeah it wasn't anything done maliciously and till this day I'm sad CRS never did an album. But Kanye has such a huge shadow in music he kind of got lost in the shuffle. Real ones know though, Fiasco is damn legend
I was a huge Lupe fan at one point, loved his Fahrenheit mixtapes and his first 2 albums. However, Lasers was terrible minus a couple songs and he lost me as a fan a bit with the whole ATCQ fiasco. He seemed to never fully recover after those things.
The change was just way too drastic, didn't see that **** coming at all. He tried to get us back with the Food and Liquor sequel but overall it sounded pretty lack luster. He showed out T&Y though. Not quite his prime level stuff but still excellent

Back
Top Bottom