Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

B8BF0C2A-59ED-4369-92D2-24EBD8919637.jpeg

J Cole finally making sense out here.
Just sounds like he sucking up to lames more popular than him.

Its kinda Drake-ish the way he's trying to be all friendly.

Thug or Future aren’t even close to being as popular as Cole. Ella Mai either. And Future one of my GOATS

Need I remind you ...J Cole did this less 6 months ago...380K first week...

DF25F163-B0FE-4C78-8533-956EDCFF86FA.png

He just hopped off his true hip hop high horse and re-learned to appreciate good music again. Cole is a ***** who hails the Carter 1 as a classic. Not a reach at all.

:rofl: @ how even his boys looking at him to see his reaction.
I was joking at first, but damn the n**** can’t big up people he rocks with?

Can’t win with some of y’all, man.
If that's who he rocks with then.....

Thug or Future aren’t even close to being as popular as Cole. Ella Mai either. And Future one of my GOATS

Need I remind you ...J Cole did this less 6 months ago...380K first week...

DF25F163-B0FE-4C78-8533-956EDCFF86FA.png

He just hopped off his true hip hop high horse and re-learned to appreciate good music again. Cole is a ***** who hails the Carter 1 as a classic. Not a reach at all.
Fine if not more popular then up and comers whose wave he's trying to attach himself too in a small way by showing love. If only for their fans to see him as an ally.

Oh and I no longer pay attention to sales or care about that ****. 380k seems like **** #s to me and I'm not sure that translates to popularity the way it use to but hey my era when I focused on that a favorite rapper would at least go gold first week and that's me not thinking solely about the 90s but even early to mid 2000s.

Didn't know Cole said the Carter was a classic :sick:

Last edited:

I'm not sure this instagram post is an example of what you're accusing him of. I see nothing wrong with what he said.

I just somewhat share the sentiment in general in regards to his "rebrand". At one point last year it seemed like he was collecting instagram pics with soundcloud rappers like they were infinity stones or some ****.

But...maybe there's a noble intent behind it. I can't knock it.

I'm not sure this instagram post is an example of what you're accusing him of. I see nothing wrong with what he said.
I don't see anything wrong with it either. I just commented on how it came off to me. I don't think being Drake-ish is inherently wrong :lol:

Seems like the continuation of a persona he's trying to establish or maybe it's the real Cole just being more vocal or like you say a part of a rebrand.

I'm not knocking it. Just don't care for it.

Last edited:
***** really questioning if J Cole numbers are real. He’s THAT type of artist. He just dropped a loose that’s like #5 on the billboard right now. ***** don’t know Cole star power. Brazy :lol:.
I’m done here man :smh: :lol:

:rofl: @ how even his boys looking at him to see his reaction.

If that's who he rocks with then.....

Fine if not more popular then up and comers whose wave he's trying to attach himself too in a small way by showing love. If only for their fans to see him as an ally.

Oh and I no longer pay attention to sales or care about that ****. 380k seems like **** #s to me and I'm not sure that translates to popularity the way it use to but hey my era when I focused on that a favorite rapper would at least go gold first week and that's me not thinking solely about the 90s but even early to mid 2000s.

Didn't know Cole said the Carter was a classic :sick:

https://www.complex.com/music/2011/...mpaign=referral_google_amp&utm_medium=organic

259F4D46-3969-4D6E-A900-D29B6ABBBB36.png

But It is......And Wayne one of Kendrick favorite rappers too. Y’all “purist” be so out the loop and close minded man :smh: :lol:. This on brand for ***** thats 26-36.

***** really questioning if J Cole numbers are real. He’s THAT type of artist. He just dropped a loose that’s like #5 on the billboard right now. ***** don’t know Cole star power. Brazy :lol:.
I’m done here man :smh: :lol:

https://www.complex.com/music/2011/...mpaign=referral_google_amp&utm_medium=organic

But It is......And Wayne one of Kendrick favorite rappers too. Y’all “purist” be so out the loop and close minded man :smh: :lol:. This on brand for ***** thats 26-36.
Wait who questioned Cole's #s?

I didn't question them. I said they were s h i t numbers :lol: Please read.

**** has changed for 380k to be seen as good.

Nah it ain't a classic and I do not care who Kendrick's favorite rapper is :lol: That **** don't matter to me. I don't have to be a purist to think those rappers are trash.

Its kinda like when Lupe Fiasco said he grew up listening to NWA and mainly Ice Cube :lol: and not Tribe to explain why he fumbled the lyrics in a performance.

^^^Cube (Rap game Kareem) and Wayne slander...:smh:. Calling Future (who’s been in the game for 10 years) and just Broke Some #1 album in a row record an “up and comer” is wild.

We need #2Threads for real. Who are y’all ***** :smh: :lol:
Dog you gotta serious reading disability or you LOVE to assume and jump to conclusions.

If you dont know what I'm referencing with Lupe, Cube, and Tribe just say so. Dont be stupid. Who is slandering Ice Cube? You literally making **** up cuz you don't understand.

Future was NOT the only rapper let alone singer mentioned in the tweet. Did you stop reading @ Future and just reply? You can't find a post of mine saying Future is an up and comer. You know why? Cuz Cole mentioned like 5 ppl in that tweet. You slow or something?

C'mon man. Use your common sense and apply up and comer to who it fits. Dont be stupid. This should not be something I have to explain to you. Maybe you right and we need a remedial thread for you

He might be their fav rapper but Cole and especially Kendrick don't make nothing like most of the nonsense Wayne was making. Wayne's real influence is in all these fake rockstar/weirdo/soundcloud/tat's on face _'s.

He might be their fav rapper but Cole and especially Kendrick make nothing like most of the nonsense Wayne was making. Wayne's real influence is in all these fake rockstar/weirdo/soundcloud/tat's on face _'s.

As the young dudes these days say...that’s Cap....

From the horses mouth himself. You must’ve not listened to early Kendrick. He was doing Wayne covers and **** :smh: :lol:.

Wayne been popping since 97 bruh. Most these ***** was off Wayne before he jumped the shark on the weirdo ****.

He might be their fav rapper but Cole and especially Kendrick don't make nothing like most of the nonsense Wayne was making. Wayne's real influence is in all these fake rockstar/weirdo/soundcloud/tat's on face _'s.
Exactly my point.

Most ppl would say Lupe's sound is much closer to Tribe which is why he was chosen to perform one of their songs @ Hip Hop Honors. He messed up and his excuse was he wasn't listening to Tribe in the 90s but Cube :lol:

Sorry bruh the music you been making don't really reflect that.

But if that's slander to the slow. Oh well.

As the young dudes these days say...that’s Cap....

From the horses mouth himself. You must’ve not listened to early Kendrick. He was doing Wayne covers and **** :smh: :lol:.

Wayne been popping since 97 bruh. Most these ***** was off Wayne before he jumped the shark on the weirdo ****.

I probably been listening to them longer than you mo. :lol:

And Wayne was not poppin in 97.

Kendrick's style and substance is nothing like Wayne's. Kendrick also has interviews about being influenced by Kurupt and you can hear that on all his projects. You can pull pieces of different rappers but Kendrick is not a Wayne type of rapper, any era of Wayne.

I probably been listening to them longer than you mo. :lol:

And Wayne was not poppin in 97.

Kendrick's style and substance is nothing like Wayne's. Kendrick also has interviews about being influenced by Kurupt and you can hear that on all his projects. You can pull pieces of different rappers but Kendrick is not a Wayne type of rapper, any era of Wayne.

More lies...

Back
Top Bottom