Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Similar to Jay saying he was the best to get his fans to start saying it to its no different than he wildly alleged statements passed off as fact with Wayne.

Tends to be a thing with any rapper with a following. No matter how whack they are

That is wild how big of a ****up that was :lol:

One tweet and they **** around and lose a big and a bunch of money.

That's another one. I never thought Wayne had Jay's flow. He just called himself "the best alive since the best rapper retired" and people ran with it. His flow was never smoove and clean like that and his content was never the same as Jay's.

I dunno bro. When Carter 1 dropped the Jay influence was undeniable to me. The lil 'chea' ad lib..'yup!'. It def wasn't a 1:1 copy or as blatant as Kendrick but at that time it was more evident because he had just started to switch up his flow going back to like..500 degreez maybe. The prefix was all Jay tracks

Yeah, Idk what ol boy talkin bout.

Wayne was doin a spot on impression of jay for bout 2 years str8.

It was SUPER evident in that “way more fly than you” joint with jazze pha.

He wanted east coast recognition around that time and thats part of what he did to get it...

***** was wearin yank fitteds n all. Lol

Last edited:

Feel like nobody's ever heard this tape. Flagrantly tracing Wayne's whole diagram with no shame. The entire tape. He taught the ***** how to rap

Lol... ol boy's first co-sign that ever really mattered was when he released "C4" after Wayne released "Carter 3" and Wayne bigged him up for it. K. Dot was such a lil wayne clone it was scary. The next cosign that gave him a huge push was when Charles Hamilton was having a cypher and K. Dot when in it and ripped everyone apart and took Charles aback. That **** got on every blog that mattered at the time

Lol... ol boy's first co-sign that ever really mattered was when he released "C4" after Wayne released "Carter 3" and Wayne bigged him up for it. K. Dot was such a lil wayne clone it was scary. The next cosign that gave him a huge push was when Charles Hamilton was having a cypher and K. Dot when in it and ripped everyone apart and took Charles aback. That **** got on every blog that mattered at the time

upload_2019-2-12_10-51-11.jpeg

I dunno bro. When Carter 1 dropped the Jay influence was undeniable to me. The lil 'chea' ad lib..'yup!'. It def wasn't a 1:1 copy or as blatant as Kendrick but at that time it was more evident because he had just started to switch up his flow going back to like..500 degreez maybe. The prefix was all Jay tracks
There was a point in 04-05 when alot of dudes was tryna be like Jay "getting their grown man on" and all that but I never listened to Wayne and thought he sounds like Jay or his flow was like Jay's. They're a lot different. Wayne definitely sounded like Santana though.

Saw this on my TL and some music news sites, Travis officially now in the running for cringiest fan base :rofl: :rofl:

Crazy this **** ain’t even a riot, literally just white privilege being acted out :lol:

White boys HOT they couldn’t put Sicko Mode on their snapchats boi :lol: :smh:

There was a point in 04-05 when alot of dudes was tryna be like Jay "getting their grown man on" and all that but I never listened to Wayne and thought he sounds like Jay or his flow was like Jay's. They're a lot different. Wayne definitely sounded like Santana though.

Wayne and Juelz don’t sound alike man :lol:. Cut it out. Wayne was doing Hov covers and picked up all the early 00s Hov adlibs and inflections and ****

Back
Top Bottom