Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

More lies...

Where is the lie? One song compared to his whole catalog. I'll give you another DNA you can hear Wayne's influence but those 2 records and some remixes don't represent his catalog. Wayne has never made anything like Section 80, Good Kid Mad City or Pimp A Butterfly.

Not a coincidence that most of Kendrick’s Birdman’s son’s influenced songs are the worst ones

And that’s subjective. But to flat out deny Wayne had an influence on Kendrick...and it’s CLEAR stylistically in some of his music (especially early his foundational work) is work wild and dishonest.

***** literally rapped like THIS and said THIS...and ***** wanna pretend like that ain’t “influence”

“Every time I’m in my city, I be acting like my **** don’t stink
Used to clean my Rolie chain with alcohol in the sink
Riding around with ****** that I grew up with since McNair
Bumping 'Me Against The World,' hello world, Kendrick here
And I’m too much for these ******, I’m three much for these ****
I’m too much for these ******, I’m three much for these ****
I’m too much for these ******, I’m three much for these ****
Wayne told me that and that's just how it goes

That’s not even “good Wayne”...but any ***** would be flat out fronting to deny the influence ad the call too’s. It’s literally, literal :lol:.

See now it's just a stupid discussion about how much Wayne influenced Kendrick as if that matters when Kendrick makes better music anyway.

Garbage convo.

All them *****s. Even Cole.

Ever since I heard about streaming farms, I don’t believe any of that numbers ****.

Whether they know it or not, all them *****s fake the funk.
You know those are Cole lyrics though right? :lol:

Dame lowkey feel left out from that brunch

:lol: The start of this was some backhanded apology. Just cuz y'all don't have the same morals and principles as me.

Then it just got sad.

Yeah. That’s why I said “even Cole.”

He can come up with the bar. Doesn’t make him exempt or from the practice.

You all don’t remember the report that came out a couple years ago about the way Tidal was fudging the numbers on their streams? That’s just one of the platforms; the one in third place at that.

All that numbers stuff is bs in my eyes.

Always been that way though. Word to cats buying multiple cd’s, and using label money to buy out store’s supplies of a given album.

Yeah. That’s why I said “even Cole.”

He can come up with the bar. Doesn’t make him exempt or from the practice.

You all don’t remember the report that came out a couple years ago about the way Tidal was fudging the numbers on their streams? That’s just one of the platforms; the one in third place at that.

All that numbers stuff is bs in my eyes.

Always been that way though. Word to cats buying multiple cd’s, and using label money to buy out store’s supplies of a given album.
You know I be forgetting Cole still signed on Roc Nation or w/e.

I recall that.

Hypocritical in a sense but I doubt Cole is behind his #s being doctored.

***** really questioning if J Cole numbers are real. He’s THAT type of artist. He just dropped a loose that’s like #5 on the billboard right now. ***** don’t know Cole star power. Brazy :lol:.
I’m done here man :smh: :lol:

https://www.complex.com/music/2011/...mpaign=referral_google_amp&utm_medium=organic

259F4D46-3969-4D6E-A900-D29B6ABBBB36.png

But It is......And Wayne one of Kendrick favorite rappers too. Y’all “purist” be so out the loop and close minded man :smh: :lol:. This on brand for ***** thats 26-36.
Carter 1 is his magnum opus

Nah. I’m just talking ****. Homie nice. I’m slick surprised the Middle Child track didn’t get more love. Thought it was solid.

Cole tweeting that March Madness was bigger than the grammies is the realest thing he ever wrote.

I stand by that though. :lol:

Feel like nobody's ever heard this tape. Flagrantly tracing Wayne's whole diagram with no shame. The entire tape. He taught the ***** how to rap

Bruh...I swear :lol:. ***** think Kendrick “above that”
For some reason. This ***** a huge Wayne fan...and it’s not hard to hear the influence at all.

That's another one. I never thought Wayne had Jay's flow. He just called himself "the best alive since the best rapper retired" and people ran with it. His flow was never smoove and clean like that and his content was never the same as Jay's.

Back
Top Bottom