Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

DC had a lot of black owned brands that was doing great in the area during the 90's up until like 06.

Some still around, some fizzled out.

enhanced-8864-1447347027-5.jpg

I saw a older dude in a Shooters sweatsuit today at Target

I miss Madness

I been going back listening to old Philly freestyle **** like Chic Raw etc...

Just now realizing how much Pusha T sound like the old Philly _'s, like its uncanny as **** :lol:

A lot of similar set ups etc

Last edited:
Damn kinda surprised to see this question.

Dap is a Harlem legend. A lot of the early hip hop acts went to Dap for custom luxury outfits. If you look at a lot of 80s and early 90s hip hop pics and vids whenever you see someone decked out in LV, MCM, Gucci, etc most likely it was a custom Dap fit. I believe the cover of Paid in Full by Eric B and Rakim is custom Dap fits.

Dope boys kinda made Dap hot and that transitioned into hip hop once rappers started getting that kinda bread. Dudes would even have Dap do their interiors for their cars and ****.

You gotta remember that the overdone logos and flashy pieces have always been a hip hop/ urban thing. When we get money we want you to know. Luxury fashion houses like Gucci didn’t really embrace this trend until recently. Gucci kinda honored Dap (after stealing his designs/ influence) by giving him a collection like a year ago.

If you follow luxury brands you will notice that the overly monogrammed stuff is actually the cheaper pieces. Wealthier (white) cats have always shy’d away from such looks because we typically kinda knew they were rich already.
Damn I didn’t even know. Thanks for breaking down the game.

One my dawgs from round way was with Stunna in the Stu the other day. Shorty ard

He rap?

And yeah Stunna harder than Baby to me he quickly finding his own little style.

I feel like his tape gonna be crazy outta nowhere. Supposedly coming before the 5th.

Currensy has the best swag/dressing skills out of all these rappers. He ain’t out here looking like a clown rocking corny racist designer geAr. Spitta is in a Jet life t shirt or hoodie with some sweats and a pair of Jordans or bapes with a beanie. Keeping it simple is dope.

From what I gathered, a Harlem street legend who made (vintage I think) Gucci hot round his parts. They basically just started giving buddy reparations for what he did for the culture so it's no surprise Gucci got him like that
He has more swag than Cam and dipset?

Back
Top Bottom