Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

You're free to say anything you want and have an opinion on anything. Just like people can voice their opinion that what you just posted is hate.

It just so happens that posting unpopular opinions is a proven method for attracting attention.

So, it’s unpopular opinion? A lot of people probably dislike or don’t care about that song. Some people are naturally outspoken. I’m sure East doesn’t wish dudes incoming money, or fame goes away, he genuinely probably does not like it.

I can dislike a musician and still wish him or her monetary success. I just won’t be contributing any money or fanfare to their cause :lol: :rofl:

Now, wishing someone would stop making money off their talent? Nah, that ain’t cool

I’m not finna sit around here and waste nodding my head to a song I dislike. That just ain’t my personality.

I think thats *** backwards, popular or not people have the right to dislike what ever the hell they want. Before calling someone a hater how about those individuals find out why someone dislikes something. Hate implies that you have no legitimate reasoning behind your dissatisfaction other than to go against popular opinion or something that had nothing to do with the product itself. Its a lazy *** way to dismiss criticism

is there any other genre that allows people to play around in it with such irreverence, treating it as a joke or just a hustle

Reactions: OTG
is there any other genre that allows people to play around in it with such irreverence, treating it as a joke or just a hustle
Misread so I'm editing it, I think because Hip-Hop is alot younger than other genres this occurs. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened to all the other genres at some point before they stopped being the dominate force

Last edited:
how many Weird Al's out there though? Why make intentional parody now days when you can just use rap instead and get rich in the process

Why should that be everyone's intent? It's just music. And today....literally everyone has the ability to make it and put it out to the world. If some ****** are clowning around in Pro Tools and put it out...and people **** with it...where's the harm in that? They not taking food off the plates of the ones who take it "serious".

There's a whole heap of other **** to gatekeep in music...especially hip hop...besides the silly **** that the Lil Nas X's and Lil B's of the world. Especially when they come and go so fast.

If they can make whatever they want why cant people think what they make suck? Thats not even gatekeeper related its just consumers giving their personal view

Why should that be everyone's intent? It's just music. And today....literally everyone has the ability to make it and put it out to the world. If some *****s are clowning around in Pro Tools and put it out...and people **** with it...where's the harm in that? They not taking food off the plates of the ones who take it "serious".

There's a whole heap of other **** to gatekeep in music...especially hip hop...besides the silly **** that the Lil Nas X's and Lil B's of the world. Especially when they come and go so fast.
i'm not even talking about this little guy specifically, just rap in general, why is it the easy score

upload_2019-4-18_16-49-21.jpeg
upload_2019-4-18_16-50-44.jpeg

I get the sentiment but I do think it’s different when it’s somebody “famous”, the average person not speaking to 2m people when they make a post on IG lol

He knew damn well what he was doing and it’s working like a mfer :lol: :smh:

It worked cuz people will pay attention to anything no matter how small it is.

He said it's wack... Ok, so what. Unless I missed something he ain't say nothing personal about homie. Like that shouldn't start some outrage on social media.

everything is hating to ya'll ****** man :lol:, ***** said the song was wack because he thought it was wack simple. only reason dudes rocking with the song is because like many other songs that pop, the meme's carry it & the "influencers" said **** with it so people **** with it.

Dave East been out for about 3-4 years now & hasn't said a peep about anyone's music, he has one opinion on a song & suddenly he's "clout chasing" :lol:. social media is a breeding ground for weirdos.

And in the 3-4 years he’s been out, he’s thought every song he’s heard has been fire? Or did he think some songs were wack and kept that to himself? :lol:

Son spoke out against this song because it’s a big song and wanted some spot lighting on him for his next IG post. Stop it fam. You see what’s up. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom