Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Idc what y’all say that Mims video was interesting. I’m glad he doing aight.

I’m all for a page of Mims related content in 2019. He a tech guy now so there’s a solid chance he will see it.

Props to that dude for having a second chance at success. Homie might’ve turned that rap money into generational wealth for his family.

KONY however I don’t think he was ever even in the conversation, but this is Niketalk so let the jokes fly.

Last edited:

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
The fact that This is Why I’m Hot was a #1 single OVER 10 years ago is wild as **** to me :sick: :lol:

And we was on here arguing over Old Town Road lmao

*****s talking about MIMS taking over NY in here.

Y'all have been left to your own devices for too long. The single was hot, but he was a joke to most of us.

Mims wasn’t even viewed as a NY artist to NY. That was other regions trying to make him the next NY star

I really don't know what you *****s are talking about.:lol:

We thought MIMS was another a southern act initially. As mentioned in here, Fab, Banks and Juelz were supposed to be up next at that time. MIMS was a flash in the pan to us.

Yeah, he went instant cross over off one song.

White radio played him.

I don't think anyone took him serious. Nobody knew of dude and he had no history. He didn't have a fanbase, because he was literally one song out of nowhere.

Fortunate enough to have only heard 1 SixNine song. The thumbnail on that Gummo vid was all I needed to see. Yikes for y’all letting him rock as long as he did.

Fam.

How could we all not laugh at this ****.

Aight, enough MIMS talk.:lol:

This is actually an excellent discussion to me on multiple levels lol

Think about how many times dudes on here have said something like “so and so don’t get play around my way so they CANT be popping”, but then you got Mims going #1 as a NYC artist and _’s from NYC saying nobody even knew bruh :lol:

Dude pop up seemingly outta nowhere saying he got the city on his back and he spinning on the radio all day everyday

Because of how culturally specific and insular some of the regional music can be, if you not from NYC you might look at that **** like “damn, that _ might be telling the truth” :lol: :smh:

Think about how many times dudes on here have said something like “so and so don’t get play around my way so they CANT be popping”, but then you got Mims going #1 as a NYC artist and _’s from NYC saying nobody even knew bruh :lol:

Dude pop up seemingly outta nowhere saying he got the city on his back and he spinning on the radio all day everyday

Because of how culturally specific and insular some of the regional music can be, if you not from NYC you might look at that **** like “damn, that _ might be telling the truth” :lol: :smh:

Dude was everywhere but I never felt like he was supposed to be an NY savior :lol: he just fit right in with all the other singles around at the time. As an artist, I really had no idea who he was, which other than the label stuff he explained, was also a huge part of his decline.

I had an internal conversation about this recently

It's entirely possible for an artist nowadays to be completely unheard of by a person and still be huge because music consumption is so personalized now.
Your circle could be recycling the same 10-15 artist over and over and the playlist is full but 2 friend groups away there's a whole different list of artists being played heavy

You used to be able to say if it's not on the radio an artist doesn't have a hit but now a hit is easier to get if you can get in the right circles

Back
Top Bottom